Take a look at this ebay listing
Jan 8, 2010 at 2:38 AM Post #31 of 36
It may cost more, but when it comes to such sensitive equipment I only buy New. If I buy off of ebay for a deal, their english better be top notch, they better be from some western country, and their rating should be relatively decent and not full of $1 purchases.

While I have made tons of purchases off of ebay and never had any issues I also made sure to stick away from any shady sellers.

Jan 8, 2010 at 5:52 AM Post #32 of 36
there appear to me quite a few chinese/hk ebayers pretending their located elsewhere so that might explain your experience with them.

Plus i wouldnt trust buying audiotechnica stuff from ebay, especially from a guy selling bose and audiotechnica stuff... with zero feedback

Jan 8, 2010 at 2:05 PM Post #33 of 36
really i kinda feel what head fiers should do is chase these people, get them to claim a location and someone call their bluffs and go there. i reported that chap to ebay as if they hadnt been so cheap people way have just bought and been massively ripped off. that or they are genuine and they are stolen goods so either way not good.

Jan 8, 2010 at 2:26 PM Post #34 of 36
The seller is also selling ESW9s, the picture for which is off another forum. He is also selling Dr Dre and Bose.

I believe ebay are now aware of concerns over this seller
wink.gif

Jan 8, 2010 at 4:26 PM Post #36 of 36
The thing that sucks about this is that EBay rarely does anything about it. I found someone selling counterfeit Van Den Hull interconnects and sent him a message saying I was going to report him unless he mentioned on the page why the RCA connectors on the cables were not authentic Van Den Hull connectors (I own the same cable, so I know how it should look). He got defensive and obviously did nothing, but I reported him. EBay did absolutely nothing. If they get a cut of the money of someone getting ripped off, what do they care?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back