Take a look at this ebay listing
Jan 7, 2010 at 10:02 PM Post #16 of 36
i asked when he would be back

"Hopefully the end of January but if you can't wait until then if you buy one and you are not happy with it, send the headphones to me and i will happy to give you back full refund.

Regards

- ameree-uk"

not even going to comment that what is he travelling around on extended holidays lugging boxes of headphones with him???

Jan 7, 2010 at 10:08 PM Post #18 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by anadin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyone think I should take a chance? if I use paypal would I be good for a refund if there fake?

How would it work with refund in following case:

You receive fakes/don't receive anything and the seller has cashed out his/hers paypal account?

Jan 7, 2010 at 10:25 PM Post #19 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by mark2410 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i asked when he would be back

"Hopefully the end of January but if you can't wait until then if you buy one and you are not happy with it, send the headphones to me and i will happy to give you back full refund.

Regards

- ameree-uk"

not even going to comment that what is he travelling around on extended holidays lugging boxes of headphones with him???

rofl. he's a traveling salesman.
wink.gif

Jan 7, 2010 at 10:42 PM Post #20 of 36
Under Scottish law you can prove the common law crime of reset (receiving stolen property) by 'a rogues bargain'. That is where you purchase an item so cheaply that there is reasonable doubt that the seller has obtained the item legitimately.

I wonder if there have been any thefts of headphones recently?! If you buy these headphones and they turn out to be stolen, you could find yourself with a conviction.

Bear that in mind as well as the possibilty of fakes. If the seller is legitimate and new to ebay they will cooperate fully with their first buyers to get a good rating. This seller is already treating the customer second and flanneling.

Jan 7, 2010 at 10:43 PM Post #21 of 36
Sounds like a bad deal. It would be a pain in the ass to get a refund. Don't trust him. If you really want them save for them, or buy 'em second hand off a nice dude on this site.

Jan 7, 2010 at 10:47 PM Post #22 of 36
Ebay + ANY AT headphones... be very, veeeeeeeeeeery wary.

Jan 7, 2010 at 10:58 PM Post #23 of 36
Never trust paypal to have your back.

Unless they can secure the funds, they will -not- reimburse you.

They won't give you money out of their own pocket, even if it says they are suppose to.

However, if you pay with a credit card, you can issue a chargeback, and that'll work.

Jan 7, 2010 at 11:07 PM Post #24 of 36
Jan 7, 2010 at 11:16 PM Post #25 of 36
I have never heard these headphones and don't know much about them, but this whole situation seems very suspicious. I would definitely stay away. I mean the guy said he was away from home, so how is he going to ship the headphones anyway?

EDIT: I just noticed he has 0 feedback. Yea this one is pretty obvious...

Jan 7, 2010 at 11:26 PM Post #26 of 36
<distributor cost=fugazzi

Jan 7, 2010 at 11:34 PM Post #27 of 36
Lol yes epic scammer
biggrin.gif
Pay via paypal and you can dispute within 45 days after transaction and you will get a full refund. It's happened to me with ALL three of my birthday presents that I wanted, great birthday that was
frown.gif

Jan 8, 2010 at 12:01 AM Post #28 of 36
Fake for sure, 0 feedback, price is way too good to be true, and these phones are known to be faked.
Besides, he uses that lousy stock photo instead of what he really sells, although the fakes look pretty genuine from what I've seen.

And these are limited edition headphones, not some mass-produced item that he bought in bulk. Together with his response to the Head-fier regarding listening to them in person, you are just asking to be scammed if you even consider buying from this person.

Jan 8, 2010 at 12:44 AM Post #29 of 36
maybe you should go a step further and report this guy before someone else get scammed.

Jan 8, 2010 at 1:49 AM Post #30 of 36
I wouldn't take the chance. If it were one pair, it might just be a guy who doesn't know the value, but four pair? Please.

Why do people keep wanting to believe what's not believable?....and then actually throw money at it! Egad.

Yet another reason why I think it's a good idea for folk who buy from authorized dealers to keep their receipts, and for buyers on this site to ask from them. Fake ESW9s have already shown up in the FS forum here. Are the 10s next? And unless you'd heard the ESW10 before, would you even know?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back