Takatsuki Electric TA-300B
Aug 7, 2016 at 11:24 PM Post #181 of 189
U
You don't need to pay until shipment? That is good.

Well, as it turned out...things changed quickly.

My dealer has a fellow Audio Note customer who is retiring and wants to sell his preamp/monoblocks combo at a price that I can just! stretch to. Normally these pieces would be way beyond my budget.

I probably didn't mention it earlier but pricejapan charged me right away. I lived with that as they were my dream tubes and that way they would ship as soon as they were ready. Unfortunately, despite multiple requests for any acknowledgement of payment or a request for a planned shipping date, they did not ever reply. I put a complaint through PayPal and they still didn't reply!

All I wanted originally was a reply from them. I didn't even mind if they already had taken delivery and I had to accept them. I would sell them over here, in North America. And I was only selling them to pay for the new amps.

PayPal raised it to a dispute and has found in my favour. I have heard so many great things about them but I can't help but wonder if they aren't going through a rough patch.

PayPal was unable to contact them as well. I checked true audiophile in Portland and I didn't see Takatsuki on their web page any more. Nothing but NOS tubes.

Anyway, I'm just hoping to get my money back : )

Aug 8, 2016 at 1:08 AM Post #182 of 189
That unfortunate, understand if they are experiencing problem, but not getting back to the customers is not good.  Good thing we have PayPal, I never have problem paying their fee, without them our hobby wouldn't be so fluid.

Aug 8, 2016 at 4:51 PM Post #183 of 189
That unfortunate, understand if they are experiencing problem, but not getting back to the customers is not good.  Good thing we have PayPal, I never have problem paying their fee, without them our hobby wouldn't be so fluid.

Yes it was disappointing. I travel to Japan on business a few times a year and had even thought of having the tubes delivered to my hotel, which is a service that they provide. I just hope that they keep going and simply had a problem receiving any emails or phone calls.

That being said, I am grateful to PayPal for getting my money back : )

Aug 12, 2016 at 10:13 PM Post #184 of 189
THat's bad service from Price Japan, I have ordered 3 sets of Takatsuki's from them now and the last set was early this year. They were late in shipping but I put that down to Takatsuki doing a 300B revision, which was the one I wanted. It took forever I asked for and got a refund and then when Price Japan confirmed by email that they had them in stock I placed the order again and it arrived soon after, well packed as always.

Sorry to hear you have had no Joy with them. I have a spare set if anyone is desperate for a set and can't wait. Send me a PM.

Aug 13, 2016 at 1:27 AM Post #185 of 189
Thanks for your offer! It's also nice to hear some relatively good reports about them. I was disappointed, but in the end I got a full refund thanks to PayPal. If I still had my old integrated amp, I would have definitely taken you up on your offer : )

Another reason why Head-fi is such a good community. I've had nothing but good experiences here, over the years.

Nov 27, 2023 at 7:46 AM Post #187 of 189
It's Nov 2023 now. Can anyone advise on the comparison between latest WE300B and TA-300B? Any latest developments we should know? I am looking to get a pair in 1-3 months time. TIA!!!

Nov 30, 2023 at 2:59 PM Post #188 of 189
There many better options in the Elrog series along with the AN-4300E.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back