tagging files for zune software, help!
Apr 7, 2008 at 7:23 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

arteom

1000+ Head-Fier
ok, im having some problems tagging files for my zune 80 in zune software. can you please tell me software is best for going back and re-tagging my albums? I dont want to go individually name tracks and such, i much rather it be able to get names off some database. I have tried mediamonkey and mp3tag. and while they worked for some things they didnt work for all. I also have allot of albums that have various artists and have a hard time keeping the name of artists of individual tracks whilst keeping all tracks in a single album. Any help is much appreciated!

Apr 7, 2008 at 1:54 PM Post #2 of 7
Use Mp3tag - the universal Tag Editor (ID3v1, ID3v2, APEv2) or MediaMonkey Free MP3 Jukebox Player, Music Library Organizer

in MP3Tag you must enable the BAND tag using the Extended view window (the notepad icon on the main toolbar)

For various artist albums, you must place "Various Artists" on the BAND tag on each song of these compilation albums.
Example: compilation album: The Best of 80s
artist: Michael Jackson
title: Thriller
BAND: Various Artists
Album: The Best of 80s
Genre: Pop
track: 10

Apr 7, 2008 at 6:44 PM Post #3 of 7
+1 for Mp3Tag. Excellent all-together little freeware app, Ill have to rely on it as well atleast until the Zune team patches up the software.

Apr 9, 2008 at 9:21 AM Post #4 of 7
ok, so i have mp3tag running. I have a compilation album with different artists. 2 cd's. cd 1 i tagged through mp3tag, and zune software recognizes it just fine, cd2 i tried to do the same and it gets divided into 17 different albums in zune software. The band tag is the same for both cd's. What.

Apr 9, 2008 at 1:51 PM Post #5 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by arteom /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ok, so i have mp3tag running. I have a compilation album with different artists. 2 cd's. cd 1 i tagged through mp3tag, and zune software recognizes it just fine, cd2 i tried to do the same and it gets divided into 17 different albums in zune software. The band tag is the same for both cd's. What.

Did you copy/paste the band tag from CD1 metadata into CD2 metadata ?

What is the album name for each song in CD2 ?

Apr 9, 2008 at 7:29 PM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by gechu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The latest version of Winamp has support for "auto-tagging"

5.53 is a nifty program, pretty much allows you to do everything but edit files.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back