Taction Technology KANNON Headphone
Oct 23, 2019 at 6:19 AM Post #961 of 976
My goal is to make sure everyone can get as much slam as they want, right up to the limit of the technology. That said - compared to hearing there is a lot of variation in audio-tactile sensitivity. It varies from person to person. Personal variation could be the reason you are at a 10 wanting to go to 15 or 20. Or it could be your particular Kannon.

Let's see what we can do to get to the bottom of it. I just sent you a PM checking in with some ideas on figuring this out.

-J

The main website is down, and it was up yesterday. Am I worried over nothing? I had these on a short list of potential purchases for my first "real" set of headphones, as I listen to mainly UK Hardcore.

Dec 5, 2019 at 2:34 AM Post #962 of 976
Checking in to give an update on my Kannon experience: Lately I've been using them just as a headset with a mic as I play Destiny 2. The tactility of the bass is still my favorite of any headphone I've tried, but the rest of the sound is subpar by contemporary standards. They're basically based on an M50 driver, right? My current watermark for affordable cans is a Pro82 ($50 on aliexpress), which cost much less than an M50 and sound much better. I doubt that Taction can really afford the R&D of developing such a Pro82-evolved set, though (but Takstar would probably work together, if both parties can agree on something equitable).

Otherwise, I find myself daily-driving with some Purple Hearts. Euphonic and forgiving of myriad bit-rates; I only feel that the bass is lacking when I've recently used the Kannons. (Some time in the hand-wavy future, I am plotting to make a stereo bass-shaker rig for my listening chair, because the Kannons have absolutely spoiled me to expect stereo separation of tactile sensation.)

Either way, I'm still so impressed by what the tactile drivers can do, and admire what Jim and his team have done to make this happen.
Thanks, Jim! Happy holidays!

Dec 7, 2019 at 2:53 AM Post #964 of 976
I have been happily listening for over 2 years now! Daily driving, playing battlefield 5 (excellent explosions), listening to music etc.

Wonder if there is R&D on a new pair at all?

The cost is the main thing scaring me away, considering the original Kickstarter price.

This would be my first real set of bass headphones. Seems to be mixed reviews and if they are indeed working on another version I'd rather not be stuck with the old.

Dec 8, 2019 at 6:02 PM Post #966 of 976
Anyone had to sort the battery out yet, mine is showing signs of fatigue. I had a peek inside the inline controller no sign of it in there,
unless its tiny, must be in the earcups, maybe even two of them one for each side?

Dec 9, 2019 at 5:14 AM Post #967 of 976
Would you consider them more fun headphones vs competitive or a good mix?

For what I use them for, I dont think they can be beaten. They are a bass heavy can, where the mids and highs are not muddied when you turn up the bass. Then the added rumble just makes gaming that bit more engaging.

As for the battery, I only used mine staticly now so wouldn't have noticed any degredation.

Oct 16, 2020 at 9:52 AM Post #970 of 976
Hi, I am kinda new around here, created an account in 2014, which is about when I bought the V-Moda M100s which are my daily driver. I was looking at the 7.1 fake positional audio headphones as a possible upgrade to the M100s but wasn't sold on this kinda technology. I just read the last 30 pages of this thread to catchup on the gossip.

If you're interested in what has happened with the Taction technology, it's now living inside the soon to be released Corsair HS60 HAPTIC which retails for $129.99 - which is different from the normal HS60 due to the Taction.

Product Page: https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categ...Wireless-Headsets/HS60-HAPTIC/p/CA-9011225-NA

Reading the PDF on the science behind Taction Transporter, I'm pretty keen on ordering these Corsair cans. All the reviews so far have been positive about the difference it makes to the bass, everyone is just bitching about the grey camouflage which I also don't like.

However one (fatal?) flaw that I see, is from reading this thread, the Kannon came with USB cable for power, and a separate 3.5mm cable for the audio? Well these Corsair ones only have USB, so can't use them for travel, commute or my Oculus Quest or even to plug into an Nvidia Shield controller when I want to watch TV without disturbing others, etc.

Review Links:
https://www.tweaktown.com/reviews/9637/corsair-hs60-haptic-stereo-gaming-headset/index.html
KitGuru (good review)

Last edited:
Dec 20, 2020 at 10:01 AM Post #974 of 976
bump - following up - anyone tried out the HS60 haptic?
I got them a few months ago. I find the taction technology on them doesn't hit quite as hard as they do on the kannons. However they are much more comfortable than the kannons are for me. I ran into an issue where they periodically shut off so I'm about to return them for a new pair. I would say overall they are decent enough, especially for how much cheaper they are than the kannons were. Even though they don't hit as hard as the kannons I think they are still better than handphones without the taction tech.

Dec 20, 2020 at 1:00 PM Post #975 of 976
I got them a few months ago. I find the taction technology on them doesn't hit quite as hard as they do on the kannons. However they are much more comfortable than the kannons are for me. I ran into an issue where they periodically shut off so I'm about to return them for a new pair. I would say overall they are decent enough, especially for how much cheaper they are than the kannons were. Even though they don't hit as hard as the kannons I think they are still better than handphones without the taction tech.
How would you describe their sound signature without the tactile bass - warm or v shaped or bass light? Also any comparison to skullcandy crusher if you've tried both?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back