Taction Technology KANNON Headphone
Mar 9, 2018 at 9:17 AM Post #826 of 976
Their primary use is now actually gaming, with music listening coming in at a very close second. I currently have the volume set to 5 (neutral bass / highs split) and the taction at 6. I listen to primarily DnB, plus Trap. I have nothing but praise for them in these genres. The other night I had an evening of newer rock/metal like papa roach, disturbed etc and that was also great. Link me to a song that you are underwhelmed by and I will let you know what I think?

Thanks. I was just flicking through a number of old drum & bass tracks, I'll see if I can find some specific ones.

I have just spent an hour listening to the second disc of Tek 9 'It's not what you think it is', and that is an album that really shows the Kannons off. I set the tactile level at 7, the main volume at 6 and then didn't need to adjust through the whole album and it is hands down the best I have ever heard those tracks.

I'm really looking forward to trying these out properly over the weekend.

Mar 10, 2018 at 12:41 PM Post #829 of 976
Finally tried out my Dekoni Sheepskin leather pads on my Kannons. WOW! The difference is just so amazing. They are thicker, roomier, and comfier. But most of all, they significantly improved the amount of tactile feedback.

It's list experiencing the Kannon for the first time, again. I would highly recommend these pads for anyone looking for better pads. Even if you don't want more tactile feedback and just want more comfort, you can always turn the taction down.

Mar 10, 2018 at 8:19 PM Post #830 of 976
Finally tried out my Dekoni Sheepskin leather pads on my Kannons. WOW! The difference is just so amazing. They are thicker, roomier, and comfier. But most of all, they significantly improved the amount of tactile feedback.

Which version of the Dekoni Sheepskin leather pads is this referring to? Also, was it easy to remove the stock pads and replace with the Dekoni pads?

Mar 10, 2018 at 9:43 PM Post #831 of 976
Mar 11, 2018 at 10:27 AM Post #833 of 976
Would you say they're a major improvement ? 60 dollars is a lot just for pads, specially when you already paid full price for the Kannons.

I'll do another compaticom later today, but it felt like a great difference, to me.

Massdrop has drops on these from time to time. I'd watch for that.

Mar 12, 2018 at 3:51 PM Post #834 of 976
Today I gave up and I've just ordered my Kannons :see_no_evil:
I hope I won't regret this crazy choice! "And now my watch begins" :k701smile:

Btw, no confirmation email received (yet), but the order was received and right now it is "processing"

Mar 12, 2018 at 5:34 PM Post #836 of 976
Good job! Their site is displaying only 30 days from time of order to receiving. My friend received his today and ordered just over a month ago!
The problem is that I'm kinda used to Amazon Prime, so right now I think I have to try to forget what I've bought :joy: In the notes I've asked about an EU wall charger, let's see...

Mar 12, 2018 at 7:19 PM Post #838 of 976
well, basically you could just leave a note for your order (usually it's for delivery options). But because of the recent discussions, I tried to ask! :) I hope the'll read that, but I'm not sure it'll happen.

Mar 13, 2018 at 5:19 AM Post #839 of 976
I'm a few days into Kannon ownership now and am enjoying them more and more, but I came across a bit of an issue this morning.

I seem to be getting a loud, uneven whine through one or both ears that starts and stops randomly. It is as loud as the music I am listening to. At the end of my listening session this morning, it was coming out the right ear only and the only way to stop it was by turning the tactile button off and on again.

It is nothing to do with the source as it happens even when they are not plugged into anything.

Has anyone else had this? I am hoping it is easy to fix as I am in the UK and I don't really want to have to send them back to the US for repair or replacement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back