Table-side music at restaurants...
Jun 16, 2006 at 4:50 PM Post #16 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by luckybaer
I took my wife out for our 5th anniversary to Ruth's Chris Steakhouse, and I had the guy playing the violin come over and play "The Anniversary Song" (or whatever) for her. That was a HUGE win for me and the emotional bank account.

man, i'd be sleeping on the sofa for a week if i tried to pull that.
biggrin.gif

Jun 16, 2006 at 6:13 PM Post #17 of 27
I like table side music only if the person singing know how to sing.

And they have to not expect a tip after their song.

If the guy doesn't know how to sing. I usually put my hands over my ears and look at the ground until they leave. They usually get the point and leave me alone.

Jun 16, 2006 at 6:57 PM Post #19 of 27
I find it annoying, my main experience was at several different Mexican restraunts in South Fl, this one the Mariachi band must of come over to the table 4 times, both me and my gf at the time where getting really annoyed and ended up asking for a box for our dinner, ruined a nice night out imo.

Also once at a fine restraunt, down by pier 66 in Ft. Lauderdale someone come by with a violin and proceed to play with out even asking, and I found that generally annoying as well.

If it is say a sports bar, or somewhere you know they are going to have live music then I say that is fine, but if someone is out trying to enjoy there dinner don't come to the table and annoy them.

Jun 16, 2006 at 7:11 PM Post #20 of 27
I thought table side music only happened in old movies.
icon10.gif

I would hate it. Thankfully I live in the back-wards sticks and we don't have anything that civilized around here. We don't even have a smörgåsbord.
confused.gif
icon10.gif

Jun 16, 2006 at 7:17 PM Post #21 of 27
That would piss me off. A band or ensemble playing in the background is nice. Someone coming up to my table while I am eating or talking would fire me up.

Jun 16, 2006 at 7:19 PM Post #22 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by darkninja67
That would piss me off. A band or ensemble playing in the background is nice. Someone coming up to my table while I am eating or talking would fire me up.

Something in me says we don't want to see Darkninja fired up well eating...I dunno maybe it's the nic
icon10.gif

Jun 16, 2006 at 8:04 PM Post #23 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by c0mfortably_numb
Something in me says we don't want to see Darkninja fired up well eating...I dunno maybe it's the nic
icon10.gif

IRL I am a nice guy but you can push me until I get to that breaking point, then all hell breaks loose. My martial arts training come into play and I start killing everyone.
biggrin.gif

Jun 16, 2006 at 8:12 PM Post #24 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by darkninja67
IRL I am a nice guy but you can push me until I get to that breaking point, then all hell breaks loose. My martial arts training come into play and I start killing everyone.
biggrin.gif

And once everyones dead, are you happy?

Jun 16, 2006 at 8:21 PM Post #25 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by JaGWiRE
And once everyones dead, are you happy?

I get to eat my dinner in peace?
biggrin.gif

Jun 16, 2006 at 8:45 PM Post #26 of 27
I don't like going to a place that has the singers if you don't know about them. To me, it's like getting blind-sided. I've paid them to go away more than tip them to play a particular song.

Philippines has a restaurant chain called "Singing Cooks & Waiters". They have a grill area in the dining room. All of the staff can sing (normal for 99% of Philipinos) and sing as a group while doing their job. It creates an interesting atmosphere.

Sep 10, 2020 at 11:25 PM Post #27 of 27
It really depends. I’m usually not a fan of live music at restaurants because I want to concentrate on the food. And at concerts, I focus on the music.

However, I admit that I do love piano bars with food and drinks and live jazz. I used to regularly go to this one bar with good food and I loved this one particular jazz piano player. He was a genius.

Also, unfortunately it’s rare for the average person to actually hear an acoustic piano in person. So it may be the only opportunity for people to actually hear a real piano (in a non recording) in their life time.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back