t70p wayyyy to large
Feb 11, 2012 at 8:53 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Joohunta

New Head-Fier
hihi guys i recently got my Beyerdynamic t70s about a week ago, and i've noticed that when i put them on the earcups stick out like sore thumbs.... i mean i look like a total ******** wearing those stuff over my head. is there anyway i can reduce the size of the earpads, or buy a smaller pair of earpads that fit these cans?

Feb 11, 2012 at 10:19 PM Post #4 of 10
They're called full-size headphones for a reason...
ph34r.gif

If you want something that looks cutesy and dainty, get something that looks cutesy and dainty. Beyerdynamic makes a few models, like the T50p and DT1350, if those aren't pretty enough, there's all sorts of "popular and trendy" headphones available. 

And no, I really don't mean to come off as rude here - aesthetics are a priority for some people, more than performance, and that's fine. 

If you really want the things to be compact, get in-ears. I like my Denon AH-C751s, there's probably a lot of newer and better options (especially if you're willing to spend $500 on them).

Feb 11, 2012 at 10:32 PM Post #5 of 10
yeahp they're full sized, but compared to other full sized headphones such as the AT pro700mkII they don't look THAT ridiculous. IEM wise i have both the tf10s and the xba-4s so yehp no more in ears for me :D

Feb 11, 2012 at 10:34 PM Post #6 of 10
Personally I don't see the fascination with how a headphone "looks" - it isn't a fashion accessory. If the T70p suit you, sonically, that's what matters. And to answer your question regarding changing the earpads - the T70 series already uses some of the thinnest pads available from Beyerdynamic. The cups cannot be changed or modified without dramatically altering the sound. 

Feb 12, 2012 at 10:07 AM Post #7 of 10

Quote:
Personally I don't see the fascination with how a headphone "looks" - it isn't a fashion accessory. If the T70p suit you, sonically, that's what matters. And to answer your question regarding changing the earpads - the T70 series already uses some of the thinnest pads available from Beyerdynamic. The cups cannot be changed or modified without dramatically altering the sound. 

obobskivich,

I have the T70 for indoor use only.  Do you know where I can send them off to to have fuller / thicker leather pads installed?  In hopes to improve the isolation and bass?

Feb 12, 2012 at 3:19 PM Post #10 of 10

Just buy them from Beyerdynamic, I think they're around $30; you get a number of choices:
http://north-america.beyerdynamic.com/shop/hah/spare-parts.html

No need to send them out. It will probably change the sound, but I'm not sure as to how - probably more bass. 

Alternately you can look at the J$ audio leather pads; I think he still makes them.
Quote:
I would like black leather pads.  I thinks the gel pads are so ugly..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back