T-PEOS H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid Impressions and Appreciation Thread
Jun 4, 2014 at 1:00 PM Post #436 of 622
Can some one suggest an AMP for this? DAP like Fiio x3 is preference. I am currently running them from iPhone 5s. I am planning to buy a FiiO E02i Rocky amp to use along with these EIMs. Would that help me to get better sound? Thanks

Not really, I don't think H-300 need an amp unless you're trying to flavour the sound. Probably be better of with Fiio X3 or DX50 though your iPhone 5 probably sounds pretty good anyway. You may get away with checking out the EQ apps and tweak the sound that way.

Unless you want to spend $500 on Tralucent DacAmp One, then H-300 sound amazing, not even I'm that keen.

There is one amp were looking at currently called NX1 by Topping for about $40, maybe you want to jump onboard and be a guinea pig tester with us.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/696825/40-topping-nx1-portable-headphone-amplifier

Jun 4, 2014 at 1:45 PM Post #437 of 622
Thanks for the reply. I am not too keen on getting an amp. I am not an audiophile by any means but like the music when it is crystal clear.
I like the perfect combination of clarity and excellent bass on these H300. May be their sound-signature suits my ears pretty well.

One thing that I found using H300 directly from iPhone is it drains the phone battery quickly.
But same time, I don't hear louder volumes, mostly I put the volume between 30 - 50%

So just thinking if an amp will help. otherwise I am planning to get an iPod Classic or a Fiio X3.

There is one amp were looking at currently called NX1 by Topping for about $40, maybe you want to jump onboard and be a guinea pig tester with us.

I can't be the one. :)

Jun 4, 2014 at 1:53 PM Post #438 of 622
Thanks for the reply. I am not too keen on getting an amp. I am not an audiophile by any means but like the music when it is crystal clear.
I like the perfect combination of clarity and excellent bass on these H300. May be their sound-signature suits my ears pretty well.

One thing that I found using H300 directly from iPhone is it drains the phone battery quickly.
But same time, I don't hear louder volumes, mostly I put the volume between 30 - 50%

So just thinking if an amp will help. otherwise I am planning to get an iPod Classic or a Fiio X3.

I can't be the one. :)

Well, my only other option for you is Sansa Clip Zip with rockbox firmware, take some load off that iPhone battery. Very neat little players and flexible with rockbox firmware. I use one on the go everywhere because they're so small and easily clip to a shirt pocket or pants pocket.

I'll continue using H-300 from my Sony Walkman at home.

Jun 4, 2014 at 2:01 PM Post #439 of 622
Can anyone suggest any ear tips wih these? I was using my sony hybrid until I sold them with my tf10s. Using the stock is alright, but it's like they're greased or something because they keep slowly falling out.

Jun 4, 2014 at 2:13 PM Post #440 of 622
Can anyone suggest any ear tips wih these? I was using my sony hybrid until I sold them with my tf10s. Using the stock is alright, but it's like they're greased or something because they keep slowly falling out.

The Sony Hybrid tips still work the best for me. Otherwise, you can try the Vmoda tips.
http://v-moda.com/bliss-3-0-fittings/

Jun 4, 2014 at 3:39 PM Post #441 of 622
What's the actual difference between like the black and clear-ish tips?

Is the material like harsh for some people or something? I can't see a reason for using one over the other...

Jun 4, 2014 at 4:04 PM Post #442 of 622

Is the material like harsh for some people or something? I can't see a reason for using one over the other...

I'm not sure... I only have the clear ones.
Maybe @waynes world knows...

Jun 4, 2014 at 4:15 PM Post #443 of 622
Gonna try out the comply tips, my god they're ugly. My favourite was the double flange, but they need some sort of stronger rubber/plastic like on the inside of the regular black tips, otherwise they just kind of cave and squish around in your ear.

Any idea who makes really good dual-flange tips? Maybe tri-flange, but they seem like a torture device rather than an ear tip.

Jun 4, 2014 at 4:16 PM Post #444 of 622
Jun 4, 2014 at 5:11 PM Post #446 of 622
I like the comply tips a good deal actually, they do seem to calm down the highs, I have to raise the 20k mark a little, but I like it. Unfortunately, my left ear doesn't and it constantly falls out.

I use the earsonic double flange that came with my SM3 and SM64s. I pull them over the nozzle with a pair of needle holders and they are perfect.

Where can you buy them seperately? I prefer a small hole like what you described. It's the main reason tips don't fit.

Jun 4, 2014 at 7:16 PM Post #447 of 622

The black tips have a more solid core, and the rubber is not as soft, which changes the resonance. The net effect is that the bass is more controlled and the sound stage is reined in a little. They were my favourite tips for analytical listening, though I usually prefer the biflange for all round use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back