T-PEOS H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid Impressions and Appreciation Thread
May 9, 2014 at 3:27 AM Post #376 of 622
Hey thanks for the information and pictures!

May I know how does it pair together?

From my experience, silver cable will probably enhance the clarity and brightness whilst giving the bass a tighter control. Because the H300 is pretty bright to begin with, I was thinking if a copper, SPC or hybrid cable would be more suited.

Yes, what you said is exactly what I felt with the 7n OCC and which is why I just stuck with the multi colored cable. I did like it with the H-200's though..

May 10, 2014 at 5:32 PM Post #378 of 622
A worthy and aggressive upgrade.
I have  EPH-100 for 3 years  and also Fischer DBA-02 MKII (1 year) 
On H-300 you will find the best of both EPH-100(BASS) and DBA (High mids, awesome Treble) combined
making honor to the 3 way 'Hybrid' IEM. 
Both have a wide Bass spectrum response but being more feel-able on H-300 on freq <80Hz ..
 but EPH plays little 'Happier' around 160Hz.. 
Mids presentation its about on par with both Phones, Percussion hit cleaner and louder on H-300 but you have the distraction of Bass and Treble where on the Yamaha, the 3 are more balanced in volume. Treble is superior on T-PEOS. Transparency and detail are there to take and give away. Guitar lovers can even say not just the brand but also the color of that instrument. Cymbals on H-300 are aggressive, can drive you crazy unless you decrease volume.
Yamaha EPH 100 handles it very clear and softer though but the rest sounds little foggy in comparison but still crisp.
Both phones pick up background sound well but audibly cleaner on H-300.
My player is a Nexus 5 which is not famous on sound quality, but Neutron app does justice on that matter. 
On my Yamaha  RX-V474 receiver the story is even more interesting but haven't listened for more than 10 minutes with T-PEOS.

H-300 sounds more powerful at the same volume ( I have to decrease volume by 7 db to match EPH 100's)
Also, where EPH-100 starts to distort, is where H-300 sounds even better.  I guess the 6-mm little guy showed its limits this time

EPH 100 is however more comfortable and isolates better even using the same tips. Though Cant detach cable a don't have mic, now at $117 they're worth every ¢ for their comfort, build quality/durability and sound. Every owner should be happy with them. But is not where sound ends.

T-Peos H-300 did  not fit/isolate well on me even with it's big tips collection, the foam were too big for me and silicone ones  too Dry?. I put the EPH 100 M tip on it and worked. But ordered some bi-flange from MEElectronics as they are shorter and usually stick well in my ears.
@phara0hseye

May 10, 2014 at 9:43 PM Post #380 of 622
Has anyone had any experience with both the H-300 and Yamaha EPH-100? If so, please comment.

The Yamaha is much darker and bassier in its sound sig. The H-300 will sound a lot brighter right off the bat. The mids will also sound thinner, but also much clearer. It does actually have a very good low end, but it's just a lot more refined than the Yamaha. Detail and imaging is MUCH better. They are really a different class of headphone. With H-300 you're starting to play in the big leagues!

May 11, 2014 at 2:44 AM Post #382 of 622
The comments here make sense. The EPH-100s are currently my only IEM on-hand. They're paired with an RSA Shadow. Sounds like the T-Peos H-300 will be a really interesting upgrade. I do have a pair of AT IM70s in the home but I truly didn't like them and gave them to the wife.

May 11, 2014 at 9:16 AM Post #383 of 622
They are certainly interesting, I think most people would agree on that.

I think if the lower mids were just a little warmer and more forward and the spiky treble tuned a little better, they'd be some of the most amazing earphones around. As it stands there is still a lot to love, but it's a little harder to recommend them unilaterally.

Good luck with your selection :)

May 11, 2014 at 9:27 AM Post #384 of 622
I'd be glad to see a comparison of this with Westone 4R/UM3xRC. :)

May 15, 2014 at 5:19 PM Post #385 of 622
I just got my H300 phones and right from the box, the first impression is.. oh my god. These are amazing.
I spent around 2-3 hours with them and below is my quick feedback -

Pros -
- Excellent SQ. super clear.
- Excellent, punchy, speedy bass
- Good soundstage (i wouldn't say excellent because I heard better before)

Cons-
- True. they are little bright.
- Not excellent for treble based music because of the same reason, though treble sounds excellent on these phones.

Surprisingly, all the cons disappeared when I started playing FLACs. The soundstage widened too. I heard the same song in mp3 and FLAC versions, but there was a huge difference. Not so sure why. I never noticed with any other phones I have.

If you know how to tame the brightness or how to get used to it, they are the best in the sub $600 range, I didn't hear Dunu 2Ks though.

if someone wants best and simple headphones with great sound quality (almost an allrounder), these are best.
I strongly recommend.

In a nutshell, I felt like drinking pure, clear, cold sparkling water. Crispy and slightly hurting. :)

May 15, 2014 at 7:42 PM Post #386 of 622
Surprisingly, all the cons disappeared when I started playing FLACs. The soundstage widened too. I heard the same song in mp3 and FLAC versions, but there was a huge difference. Not so sure why. I never noticed with any other phones I have.

Uhuh...What format were you listening to before the FLAC?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back