T-PEOS H-200 - new triple hybrid IEM - Impressions thread
Oct 11, 2013 at 1:41 AM Post #2,313 of 2,595
  im pretty sure the connectors are just DC barrel connectors aka cylindrical connectors.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DC_connector#Cylindrical_connectors

I dont have a mic on me but if someone does and have the cable.... we can outsource connectors if we know the OD, ID and Length

refdcplug.gif

A = OD
B- ID
C = Length

These 2.5mm OD, 0.7mm ID ones appear to be correct from what I can tell.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/10-Pcs-2-5mm-x-0-7mm-x-20mm-Soldering-Male-Plug-DC-Power-Jack-Connector-/310724482844?pt=Laptop_Adapters_Chargers&hash=item48589f571c

The length is longer, but that can easily be worked around. I went ahead and bought some. I'll try to make a cable out of them and will you guys know if it works out.

Oct 11, 2013 at 2:56 AM Post #2,314 of 2,595
thanks for the link but i'd like to set how much thicker the aftermarket connectors are.  Not too comfortable with jamming something thats the wrong size into something

Here's the photo mate. Apparently they are the same in diameter. I just thought they were thicker because they're tighter upon insertion. So I guess the length can be adjusted to make them exactly the same as the stock connectors.

Oct 11, 2013 at 4:39 AM Post #2,315 of 2,595
Hmm, guys, yesterday I've had a talk with one of our shops that can build custom cables, including T-Peos ones. Their offer is 4x braided OCC 27AWG copper/silver cable with gold plated Yarbo or Ranko 3.5 plug, 1.3 m long, for $65. What do you think, is it worth it?
Thanks.

Oct 11, 2013 at 4:41 AM Post #2,316 of 2,595
  Hmm, guys, yesterday I've had a talk with one of our shops that can build custom cables, including T-Peos ones. Their offer is 4x braided OCC 27AWG copper/silver cable with gold plated Yarbo or Ranko 3.5 plug, 1.3 m long, for $65. What do you think, is it worth it?
Thanks.

Well it's much better price than the other options available, and not a bad price for silver/copper cable.

If you do go ahead please come back with some pictures as I'm sure some of us would like to see the cable.

Where are you located by the way?

Oct 11, 2013 at 4:45 AM Post #2,317 of 2,595
Well it's much better price than the other options available, and not a bad price for silver/copper cable.

If you do go ahead please come back with some pictures as I'm sure some of us would like to see the cable.

+1
Do you still prefer the SPC over the Silver cable H20?

Oct 11, 2013 at 4:51 AM Post #2,318 of 2,595
+1
Do you still prefer the SPC over the Silver cable H20?

I like the T-Peos silver cable and original SPC cable I had shipped from Korea many months ago the most.
The SPC one I reviewed sounds great however its just to stiff and was always going back to T-Peos.
The silver one I have purchased to keep but still  strangely find myself using the original one from Korea (the one Marcus shipped)
Appreantly the SPC cable I reviewed is going to become a souvenir once it returns, last I heard.  

Oct 11, 2013 at 5:16 AM Post #2,319 of 2,595

Oh, thanks for your answer, I'm from Ukraine btw. Not too many options for customization here, but we have some talented guys doing full mods for Hifiman, Ambient Acoustics with their own CIEM series and some cable makers now, it seems.
I'll definitely post photos if I decide to go with their options. And if I do, I'll have to rename my H200 to something like "Frankentpeos" because even now it has audio filters from Hifimen Re0 installed and Heir Audio small double flanged tips...

Oct 11, 2013 at 9:30 AM Post #2,320 of 2,595
Thanks.

I'd like to see some pics too

Oct 11, 2013 at 9:31 AM Post #2,321 of 2,595
Here's the photo mate. Apparently they are the same in diameter. I just thought they were thicker because they're tighter upon insertion. So I guess the length can be adjusted to make them exactly the same as the stock connectors.

Thanks it's much appreciated

Oct 11, 2013 at 10:43 AM Post #2,322 of 2,595

These 2.5mm OD, 0.7mm ID ones appear to be correct from what I can tell.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/10-Pcs-2-5mm-x-0-7mm-x-20mm-Soldering-Male-Plug-DC-Power-Jack-Connector-/310724482844?pt=Laptop_Adapters_Chargers&hash=item48589f571c

The length is longer, but that can easily be worked around. I went ahead and bought some. I'll try to make a cable out of them and will you guys know if it works out.

did you mic them out? or estimating it?

Oct 11, 2013 at 11:14 PM Post #2,324 of 2,595
The plugs (the actual contact that plugs into the housing) is....... 

8mm long x 3mm thick.

That was measured with digital calipers. 

Oct 11, 2013 at 11:16 PM Post #2,325 of 2,595
  The plugs (the actual contact that plugs into the housing) is....... 

8mm long x 3mm thick.

That was measured with digital calipers. 

thanks will be ordering some plugs in and get to recabling.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back