T-PEOS H-200 - new triple hybrid IEM - Impressions thread
Jun 11, 2013 at 12:54 PM Post #1,022 of 2,595
In my language - Greek - Peos means a, hmmm, how to say this... the thing that only men got, u know...

Great marketing concept for the (extremely) open minded consumer I guess...

Jun 11, 2013 at 4:10 PM Post #1,024 of 2,595
Quote:
I just placed my order from Mellow Works Studio. They have a 10% discount off purchases of $150+, so my final price on Paypal was $243 shipped to the US (slower shipping). They're a new store, but they look like legit, official resellers of T-PEOS. They also have a store on Amazon, but you don't get the discount there.

I have very high expectations of the H-200 with how much praise it's getting. Someone even said it had them putting down their HE-400, which I have and love, so that's a bold but exciting claim. I'll see if that's true for me :)

I do see Mellow Works Studio is affiliated with ShinWoo (listed as one of their partners).  I can get mine for $237 shipped to the US/California using the slower SingPost AirMail. 

My only concern is their "Refund/Return" policy states your satisfaction guaranteed up to 10 days from when they ship.  Any other issues will be addressed by a "store credit".  Having purchased the H-100 from Korea this past December, it took (3) weeks for me to receive them.  It's not that I won't like the H-200, enough reviews have convinced me otherwise.  My concern lies with receiving a defective IEM and have no other recourse than to have a "store credit" in a place I don't foresee shopping at again.

Jun 11, 2013 at 4:14 PM Post #1,025 of 2,595
Yeah, the medium might be too small for my ears, but I've settled on the large green ones a while ago. The Auvio and the Phonak are the best sounding tips for my ears. And with plenty of burn-in the bass gets even fuller and more billiant. So many bang-for-the-buck IEMs are out now in the market, but the H-200 is clearly one of the few that's on top of the heap. I've stated a while ago that the H-200 is a top tier without the top tier price.

Hey Eric, off topic but I sent you a PM a couple days ago. Would appreciate it if you responded, take care.

Jun 11, 2013 at 4:22 PM Post #1,027 of 2,595
Quote:

I do see Mellow Works Studio is affiliated with ShinWoo (listed as one of their partners).  I can get mine for $237 shipped to the US/California using the slower SingPost AirMail. 

My only concern is their "Refund/Return" policy states your satisfaction guaranteed up to 10 days from when they ship.  Any other issues will be addressed by a "store credit".  Having purchased the H-100 from Korea this past December, it took (3) weeks for me to receive them.  It's not that I won't like the H-200, enough reviews have convinced me otherwise.  My concern lies with receiving a defective IEM and have no other recourse than to have a "store credit" in a place I don't foresee shopping at again.

Actually, their conversion rate is a bit off from Paypal's. It was $237 on their site, but $243 on Paypal.

And look closely, they do have a 1 year warranty. If you get a defective IEM, they'll send a replacement. They just don't give direct refunds if you don't like the item and want to return it.
dtipIconHover.png

Jun 11, 2013 at 4:53 PM Post #1,028 of 2,595
GTRagnarok,

Point well taken, I seem to have glossed over that point. 
wink_face.gif

Appreciate the "heads-up" on the PayPal vs. Mellow price difference.  Confusing to say the least since I used a "currency converter" (SGD to USD) and wound up with a similar pricing to Mellow's before I saw the "Select Currency" feature at the top right of their page. 

That just leaves a price savings of just $27 over dealing directly with ShinWoo.  Question before me, is do I deal with an unknown company to most of us or just pay the difference as everyone else hasn't had issues with ShinWoo directly.

Wanted to say Many Thanks for FYI'ng everyone about an alternative though!

Jun 11, 2013 at 5:24 PM Post #1,029 of 2,595
Quote:
Hey Carlsan,

How does it fare against the xba40s
smily_headphones1.gif

Verrrrry curious

Very well actually. I was trying to compare them yesterday at work but got tied up. The thing with the xba-40, as most of us who own them know, they are very source dependent and really only shine with the  right equipment.

The H-200 seems to sound great with whatever source is feeding them. Though they do sound outstanding with a decent amp.
I'll try to write something up in the near future.

BTW, they blow away the Heir Audio 3.Ai, just blows it away, no competition.

Jun 11, 2013 at 6:49 PM Post #1,030 of 2,595
i had the 8.A and i can gladly say .. (to me) the h-200 are much better. the 8.A have been sold in the market section, the H200 is my main rig right now. I completely agree when u say the H-200 sound outstanding with a decent amp. im using the BH and it really helps the h-200 move levels up.. I really recomend one if ur using the these. 

Jun 11, 2013 at 6:52 PM Post #1,031 of 2,595
Has anyone tried pairing the H200 with the E12?
I'm curious how those two perform together...

Jun 11, 2013 at 7:04 PM Post #1,033 of 2,595
Quote:
marc0,  boleh7 i think is using it with the e12, he posted pics with his ipod/fiio combo aswell. 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/642308/lightbox/post/9495250/id/859812

I can't believe I missed that! Thanks mate.
I'll wait for boleh7 to see this post; if not, might just PM him.
It's better if he responds here so that others will know how the E12 performs with the H200.

Jun 11, 2013 at 7:34 PM Post #1,034 of 2,595
Very well actually. I was trying to compare them yesterday at work but got tied up. The thing with the xba-40, as most of us who own them know, they are very source dependent and really only shine with the  right equipment.

The H-200 seems to sound great with whatever source is feeding them. Though they do sound outstanding with a decent amp.
I'll try to write something up in the near future.

BTW, they blow away the Heir Audio 3.Ai, just blows it away, no competition.

Having demoed 3Ai, I can confirm the above underlined statement is true. I wasn't impressed at all with that IEM, bare the soundstage width, which was decent.

Jun 11, 2013 at 8:32 PM Post #1,035 of 2,595
Quote:
Has anyone tried pairing the H200 with the E12?
I'm curious how those two perform together...

They play well together.  I'm too new to this hobby to have done many comparisons like to the C&C/BH combo.  I looked for a V1 e12 for the more subtle bass boost but with the H200 I almost never use it anyway; the H200 dynamic bass just seems to really feel full and tight with no help. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back