T-PEOS H-200 - new triple hybrid IEM - Impressions thread
May 2, 2013 at 10:33 PM Post #346 of 2,595
I should be getting my review pair within the next week or 2 and I'm really looking forward to hearing them as it looks like they the fixed the problems I had with the H-100 with the recessed mids and at times harsh and sibilant highs. The H-200 seems like a very nice hybrid and at the $250 price point it also looks to be very well priced as well.

May 2, 2013 at 11:07 PM Post #347 of 2,595
My H-200 will today be making their way to djvkool for review. I've played my last Carly Rae Jepsen song about an hour ago and have them wrapped up. I am finding it very hard to switch back to TF10 or RDB+ v1 after spending nothing but listening time with them. The TF10 compared sound very uncontrolled, veiled, and treble is a little overly happy. .

I will miss H-200 while they're away on vacation.

May 2, 2013 at 11:12 PM Post #348 of 2,595
Quote:
My H-200 will today be making their way to djvkool for review. I've played my last Carly Rae Jepsen song about an hour ago and have them wrapped up. I am finding it very hard to switch back to TF10 or RDB+ v1 after spending nothing but listening time with them. The TF10 compared sound very uncontrolled, veiled, and treble is a little overly happy. .

Mine when I get them are going to someone after I review them, they just haven't told me who yet.

May 2, 2013 at 11:21 PM Post #350 of 2,595
Quote:
If you like them, it's a painful moment of ownership.

I bet, and I think that I'm really going to like them from reading your review so it will be a painful moment for me as well but its all good because at least I'm getting to review them.  It will be cool to see how they stack up with the HE-400 and HD600 as I've now been converted to headphones and what they have to offer over IEM's. 
size]

I'm still going to get 1 or 2 more IEM's to have for jogging (when I can at least) and when out and about as I sold all them after getting my HE-400.  The Fidelio S1 is one that takes a spot and I'm thinking the e-Q5 will fill the other but I'll wait and see.

May 3, 2013 at 7:22 AM Post #351 of 2,595
My pair must be in the country because they have a new tracking number (Royal mail). Why can`t they just deliver them! 
Ugh.

May 3, 2013 at 7:59 AM Post #352 of 2,595
Quote:

You can be assured that your H-200 will be looked after well, and none of that poppy teeny-bopper stuff is played through them, it will be put through some real class quality jazz and electronics hahahha...

May 3, 2013 at 1:38 PM Post #354 of 2,595
Can somebody tell the customs to stop listening to my pair please? Highly frustrating! 

May 3, 2013 at 3:30 PM Post #355 of 2,595
Could  a lucky owner comment on the Low end texture? I have currently an "idea" in my head of hearing the clarity of midrange I find in my SM3 V1's with the texture and impact of the JVC FXZ200's. Both of these IEM's are fantastic, by a BA just doesn't deliver bass the same way as a dynamic, and the FXZ200's midrange and treble lack the detail if the SM3's or TF10's for that matter. I want both!

May 3, 2013 at 9:47 PM Post #357 of 2,595
Lets say that you were a bass head, but don't want to sacrifice clarity/detail because you also enjoy classical, rock, and metal...

Would you choose between the H200, Aurisonics as2, Tralucent 1 plus 2, or the UM merlin? 

Also, lets say that they all cost exactly the same, and you can only pick one, forever.

May 3, 2013 at 10:11 PM Post #358 of 2,595
Wow, even vs the RDB?! Hmm...

It's a tough call, whether you think an IEM costing $450 more justifies the SQ increase. H-200 is $200 right now, RDB+ v1 is $650 hybrid design, the gap between them not as big as one might think, they do hold completely different signatures, one being U / V shaped the other balanced so I'm not saying they sound the same. From the time I spent A/Bing RDB+ v1 has superior soundstage, there's more air in the presentation however, the mid range can sound a touch veiled with less control when you compare to H-200, and that's no joke. It's really a matter of a lot of the time one IEM always does something better than the other.

For example,....my Rockit R-50 can precision image stronger than RDB+ v1, R-50 is only $120, and that's what I'm getting at price really doesn't matter when you individualize sound quality into specific sections and personally I find H-200 doing some things I prefer better.

May 4, 2013 at 4:45 AM Post #359 of 2,595
Quote:
Lets say that you were a bass head, but don't want to sacrifice clarity/detail because you also enjoy classical, rock, and metal...

Would you choose between the H200, Aurisonics as2, Tralucent 1 plus 2, or the UM merlin? 

Also, lets say that they all cost exactly the same, and you can only pick one, forever.

If you are a basshead, from your list above, I think Merlin will satisfy you the most, but then again, it's around $700 shipped...

May 4, 2013 at 4:50 AM Post #360 of 2,595
Quote:

I'm a bass head, sorta, and coming from the IE8s, the 1plus2 has been brilliant. I would have loved to try the Merlin though. People do say it is the IE8s on "steroids". But I have absolutely nothing to complain, sound wise about the 1plus2. The bass is both deep and clinical with little to no decay whilst packing a punch. A very accomplished set of IEMs in my opinion. It retains the bass I want both in terms of quality and quantity and still gives me the necessary detail to enjoy the rest of the spectrum of music whilst other IEMs which are bassheavy fail to do due to colouration into the mids. Can't comment on the rest unfortunately, but just my take on the 1plus2. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back