T-PEOS H-200 - new triple hybrid IEM - Impressions thread
Apr 26, 2013 at 11:55 AM Post #301 of 2,595
Quote:
When I think of warmth I immediately fallback on something like Westone 3 which can almost sound to dark for my preferences, so to hear H-200 was much closer to neutral than W3 I was terribly pleased, I am using the same tip that Heir use on their Ai series, which can be found here. which creates air and others mention brighten tonality a touch, also I am using Colorfly CK4 a cooler amp and silver plated interconnect as my main rig. Though those initial impressions were done using Clip+ set flat, because although it's not the most detailed DAP it does measure well and lets you grasp the balance of a signature. H-200 's rather smooth, however I feel the mid range has decent speed & attack, vocals especially have been concentrated to my ears.

Once H-200 and I have settled in together I'll come back and speak about some other areas impressing me such as soundstage, particularly the centre channel and how I sense it projecting rather well, also how they scale with amping. There's nothing I can find to fault H-200 yet, no particular flaw I can find personally in the short time I've had them. I will say though I think they're quite addictive because they're non fatiguing, I spent 4 hours with them straight and must now rest my ears...

The way you describe that, I can sense perhaps similar mids and treble to SM3 v2?

Apr 26, 2013 at 8:44 PM Post #304 of 2,595
The way you describe that, I can sense perhaps similar mids and treble to SM3 v2?

I'm going to tread very lightly here because many peoples impressions will vary in coming weeks, but if I had to personally pick an IEM I've heard and match the tonality of H-200 without judging anything else regarding signature / SQ, speaking only on their tone scaling warm / cold I would place them somewhere around TF10. (minus the metallic lacing)

Can you give more details about the 3d soundstage compare to others iem ?

I really need more time with them, and I want others to chime in, because this is an IEM that the people need to answer for to form a consensus. It's no good just me replying, Once the first units are shipped after the 29th people will answer for H-200.

Apr 28, 2013 at 10:55 PM Post #306 of 2,595
Quote:
How would these be for mostly hip-hop?  I'm in the market for a hybrid up to $500 that will satisfy my basshead needs.  Any other recommendations?

I was going to recommend the ATH CKS1000 Solid Bass iems (less then $200) because, well, they are amazing. But, I am not very familiar with hip-hop (except for the Korean stuff lol), so if you have a link to a good/typical hip-hop tune that I could check out, that would be appreciated. Thanks!

Apr 28, 2013 at 11:20 PM Post #307 of 2,595
Apr 28, 2013 at 11:57 PM Post #308 of 2,595
Quote:
How would these be for mostly hip-hop?  I'm in the market for a hybrid up to $500 that will satisfy my basshead needs.  Any other recommendations?

I'm going to recommend either JVC FXZ100 or FXZ2000, both of which are triple-dynamic IEM, if you like your hip-hop and are a basshead, go dynamic full time...

Apr 29, 2013 at 12:04 AM Post #309 of 2,595
Quote:

I'm going to recommend either JVC FXZ100 or FXZ2000, both of which are triple-dynamic IEM, if you like your hip-hop and are a basshead, go dynamic full time...

ehhh if you are going to go with JVC FXZ line you better get ready to put in at least 500hrs of burn-in into them. No lie these will shine like no other after a longgg and intense burn-in period cuz those damn carbon nanotubes take forever to break in!!!

But now i can't stop listening to them, they slay all genres but when there is sub bass present these will blow your mind. Their sound is so natural and realistic it's not even funny, they are the only set of iems that doesn't "sound" like you're listening to a pair of iems if you knowhatimeng, such a big and bold sound.
triportsad.gif

Apr 29, 2013 at 12:10 AM Post #310 of 2,595
Quote:
they are the only set of iems that doesn't "sound" like you're listening to a pair of iems if you knowhatimeng, such a big and bold sound.
triportsad.gif

Yeah yeah, like instead of listening to the sound, you are immersed by it (ala cks1000) - got it!

Apr 29, 2013 at 12:10 AM Post #311 of 2,595
Back to H-200 please guys.

I've now spent around 25 - 30 hours listening to T-Peos H-200 with multiple sources headphones outs, I've tried some amping to get a grasp on things, I've listened extensively to the point I need to have rest because my right ear drum is telling me to stop. We've been informed to burn H-200 in for a few days to let everything settle so I recommend that for new owners receiving theirs soon. I will say when they first arrived I thought there was a slight peak in the upper mids with one source, some vocals like Taylor Swift when she'd really start hauling arse upstairs would peak a touch, though it's undetectable anymore, (I can't remember which DAP or tips it was, though it's disappeared).

To get a few things right out of the way, H-200 could not be any further away from H-100 if you tried, their tonality is completely different (warmer) their signature, completely unrelated. For those who were wanting an H-100 with improved mid range you will not find this in H-200, they're not U / V shaped , they hold no particular T-Peos house sound, but instead you may find yourself greeted with good balance from top to bottom, and from what my ears tell me a rather powerful presentation when called upon in the lows and mid range. They're particularly easy to drive so amping is not required, although adding something small like C&C BH will give some benefits it's not compulsory. H-200 appear to excel in vocals which I find quite hilarious considering the flaw H-100 had in that area. Mid range attack is strong as is decay, treble has ability to hold posture and finesse, almost like every flaw H-100 has been addressed but with a totally different approach, one I find hard to fault so far, personally.

One thing that really stands out with H-200 signature is balance, I know the demo members keep mentioning this but it's the best word to describe H-200, the bass although deep and powerful somewhat reminding me of a floor standing speakers doesn't bleed, doesn't intrude, if you lift the volume both mids and highs will all come up accompanying each other, control is a strong suit in this area. I think if you really work them low and mids may come a little forward over the top end but still not to the point of feeling drowned out, I honestly at times have trouble pin pointing exactly how far forward or back for example vocals are, it's a strange sensation because at times when I wasn't using H-200's stock tips I was getting a forward projection like feeling from the centre channel which I've mentioned off-screen, I will wait for others to see if they sense anything before thinking I'm crazy.

Amping

Be all means if you want to amp H-200 they will respond positively, I don't think it's absolutely required though especially at 22ohms, they sound perfectly fine out of the Clip+ and Ipod headphones outs. There will be some benefits using C&C BH's LF switch which increases clarity, gives treble more slap, tighten up the low end as per normal when using an amp / IEM. They will handle the extra power no problem, but don't be confused into thinking they need an amp.

Overall I'm really enjoying H-200, whether it be straight from the Clip+ or something more willing like Colorfly CK4, they certainly are a huge step up from the previous H-100 in many ways, for those who have purchased early don't be to worried about all these changes because to be honest, it's for the better for everyone. T-Peos have done a good job, one I cannot fault yet, the soundstage could be wider if anything, though we're not talking being locked in a matchbox, it has decent width, portrays decent depth and I am especially interested in people speaking about the centre channel in good time, which I find to cause an illusion or projection onto the back of my forehead.

H20

Apr 29, 2013 at 12:17 AM Post #312 of 2,595
Quote:
Overall I'm really enjoying H-200, whether it be straight from the Clip+ or something more willing like Colorfly CK4, they certainly are a huge step up from the previous H-100 in many ways, for those who have purchased early don't be to worried about all these changes because to be honest, it's for the better for everyone, T-Peos have done a good job, one I cannot fault yet, the soundstage could be wider if anything, though we're not talking being locked in a matchbox, it has decent width, portrays decent depth and I am especially interested in people speaking about the centre channel in good time, which I find to cause an illusion or projection to the back of my forehead.

H20.

Excellent impressions - thanks.

Apr 29, 2013 at 3:45 AM Post #313 of 2,595
Quote:
Back to H-200 please guys.

I've now spent around 25 - 30 hours listening to T-Peos H-200 with multiple sources headphones outs, I've tried some amping to get a grasp on things, I've listened extensively to the point I need to have rest because my right ear drum is telling me to stop. We've been informed to burn H-200 in for a few days to let everything settle so I recommend that for new owners getting theirs soon. I will say when they first arrived I thought there was a slight peak in the upper mids with one source, some vocals like Taylor Swift when she'd really start hauling arse upstairs would peak a touch, though it's undetectable anymore, (I can't remember which DAP or tips it was, though it's disappeared).

To get a few things right out of the way, H-200 could not be any further away from H-100 if you tried, their tonality is completely different (warmer) their signature, completely unrelated. For those who were wanting an H-100 with improved mid range you will not find this in H-200, they're not U / V shaped , they hold no particular T-Peos house sound, but instead you may find yourself greeted with good balance from top to bottom, and from what my ears tell me a rather powerful presentation when called upon in the lows and mid range. They're particularly easy to drive so amping is not required, although adding something small like C&C BH will give some benefits it's not compulsory. H-200 appear to excel in vocals which I find quite hilarious considering the flaw H-100 had in that area. Mid range attack is strong as is decay, treble has ability to hold posture and finesse, almost like every flaw H-100 has been addressed but with a totally different approach, one I find hard to fault so far, personally.

One thing that really stands out with H-200 signature is balance, I know the demo members keep mentioning this but it's the best word to describe H-200, the bass although deep and powerful somewhat reminding me of a floor standing speakers doesn't bleed, doesn't intrude, if you lift the volume both mids and highs will all come up accompanying each other, control is a strong suit in this area. I think if you really work them low and mids may come a little forward over the top end but still not to the point of feeling drowned out, I honestly at times have trouble pin pointing exactly how far forward or back for example vocals are, it's a strange sensation because at times when I wasn't using H-200's stock tips I was getting a forward projection like feeling from the centre channel which I've mentioned off-screen, I will wait for others to see if they sense anything before thinking I'm crazy.

Amping

Be all means if you want to amp H-200 they will respond positively, I don't think it's absolutely required though especially at 22ohms, they sound perfectly fine out of the Clip+ and Ipod headphones outs. There will be some benefits using C&C BH's LF switch which increases clarity, gives treble more slap, tighten up the low end as per normal when using an amp / IEM. They will handle the extra power no problem, but don't be confused into thinking they need an amp.

Overall I'm really enjoying H-200, whether it be straight from the Clip+ or something more willing like Colorfly CK4, they certainly are a huge step up from the previous H-100 in many ways, for those who have purchased early don't be to worried about all these changes because to be honest, it's for the better for everyone. T-Peos have done a good job, one I cannot fault yet, the soundstage could be wider if anything, though we're not talking being locked in a matchbox, it has decent width, portrays decent depth and I am especially interested in people speaking about the centre channel in good time, which I find to cause an illusion or projection onto the back of my forehead.

H20.

Great write up. Was quite enjoyable to read!

Apr 29, 2013 at 11:39 AM Post #314 of 2,595
Quote:

H20

Superb stuff as usual mate, very enjoyable to read...I still think that a prolonged listening to Taylor Swift/Carly Rae Jepsen/Britney Spears/One Direction will damage your ear drum no matter what IEM you use...

listen to real music...like...

http://youtu.be/xVxCtt3s_1M

beyersmile.png

Apr 29, 2013 at 11:54 AM Post #315 of 2,595
Guys! I really need to buy a set right now!

I about to buy the GR07 Bass edition right now. $166 shipped. JVC FXZ200 is still too expensive for me. And then there is T-peos H-200, which i can get for $200. Do you have any idea how they are compared to the GR07 BA?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back