T-PEOS H-200 - new triple hybrid IEM - Impressions thread
Apr 17, 2013 at 9:52 AM Post #241 of 2,595
Quote:
I have a question about the H-200 cable choices. The web page link below shows both a black cable and a red cable. The black cable includes a mic. I asked Sungoo about the red cable and he says it has a 3 pole plug. Forgive my ignorance but what is the purpose of the 3 pole plug? Thanks in advance.

3 pole plug is for a normal L/R cable and 4 pole is for a cable with mic. So, the red one is your regular cable and the black the mic cable. See here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phone_connector_(audio)

Apr 17, 2013 at 10:39 AM Post #242 of 2,595
3 pole plug is for a normal L/R cable and 4 pole is for a cable with mic. So, the red one is your regular cable and the black the mic cable. See here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phone_connector_(audio)

I think he mistakened the stripes for what he thought were the poles. Such as how a control talk cable will have three strips to divide the 4 poles.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the poles are the sections in between those strips/lines?

Apr 17, 2013 at 10:48 AM Post #243 of 2,595
Quote:
I think he mistakened the stripes for what he thought were the poles. Such as how a control talk cable will have three strips to divide the 4 poles.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the poles are the sections in between those strips/lines?

Yes, I think so. 3 lines visibile in the jack are 4 poles and 2 lines are 3 poles...

Apr 17, 2013 at 5:25 PM Post #247 of 2,595
Apr 17, 2013 at 10:59 PM Post #249 of 2,595
Quote:
Putente, H2O, and myself will be getting reivew samples.  A Shinwoo rep that we've been in contact with was supposed to send out the samples to us last Friday.. that got pushed back to this last Monday (yesterday, 4/15).. and now he's said the samples will ship out to us at the end of this week (Friday).  He apologized & mentioned the delay was due to some final tuning tweaks.  How significant these 'final tweaks' will be remains unknown, but considering that they're being done this close to the official RTM date, I can't imagine that they'll being anything drastic.

I see Inks has deleted out his comments/speculation.. he's pretty good about not spreading unsubstantiated rumors or info that can't be reliably corroborated.. and honestly, he doesn't have a 'dog in this fight'.. so I'm inclined to trust him.  We'll find out soon enough.  All I can say is that I'm very excited to hear the H-200.. regardless of the backstory.  I think I was one of the four people on earth who liked the H-100 (LOL).. but I also understand why many didn't take to them.  That being said, I'll do my best to remain as objective as possible in my H-200 impressions.  I'll be passing the H-200 around to a couple of other fellow Head-Fi colleagues I talk with often so we'll try and form some consensus.. if Inks/Rin don't have a pair headed their way, I'll make sure my pair makes it to them, as well.

As far as being released before production is done.. I don't think that's the case.  My Google Translate doesn't fully convert the Korean site that's 'selling' the H-200.. but from what I can tell/translate, the release date is stated as "sometime in April" & I'm not sure I see a price listed.. or the ability to add it to a cart & buy it.  Again, my Google Translate doesn't fully work at the site, so I could be wrong.. but I'm pretty sure that site/store probably doesn't have actual stock of the H-200 & they're just taking pre-orders (without explicitly stating it) knowing Shinwoo is very close to RTM.

As my opinion, you are knowing exactly. 
biggrin.gif

Apr 17, 2013 at 11:39 PM Post #251 of 2,595
Quote:
Well the graphs do look similar. Definitely not a large deviation from the previous model. Time will tell.

H100 - from Goldenears

H200 - from the manufacturer

The frequency response graph doesn't tell the whole story :p  It's normally a good indicator, but not absolute truth.  A decay or ETC graph would provide more information. 

Apr 17, 2013 at 11:58 PM Post #252 of 2,595
The point he's making though is its defiitely not in the path of being different. Time will tell though as that manufacturer graph can't be trusted though it makes no sense to use it as a way to promote the product if they claim difference
The frequency response graph doesn't tell the whole story :p  It's normally a good indicator, but not absolute truth.  A decay or ETC graph would provide more information. 

Apr 18, 2013 at 9:57 AM Post #253 of 2,595
Quote:
Well the graphs do look similar. Definitely not a large deviation from the previous model. Time will tell.

H100 - from Goldenears

H200 - from the manufacturer

I dunno, that looks like a pretty sizable difference in the midrange response for the H-200 vs. the 100. Still, gotta wait for the rreviews.

Apr 19, 2013 at 4:51 AM Post #254 of 2,595
I'll be getting these next month to review, Mellow Works Studio official distributer from singapore

Users who are viewing this thread

Back