T-PEOS H-200 - new triple hybrid IEM - Impressions thread
Apr 16, 2013 at 3:14 PM Post #227 of 2,595
Quote:
here is his site by the way, he'll probably post his review soon. 

So, since the initial reviewers for the H-200 were told to wait some more days until their review units would ship out due to some final tuning adjustments that are currently being made by T-PEOS, "your" engineer already has the final product to review? That seems to be a good one... At best he got hold of a prototype unit, as a few of those were handed out to some testers in South Korea about 2 or 3 months ago and have been heavily modified until now. T-PEOS is still making adjustments to the H-200 final tuning as I'm typing this, so...

Apr 16, 2013 at 5:06 PM Post #228 of 2,595
@ Inks: I'm assuming you meant to say you did, not him.  I know he saw the data :p 

Still waiting for graphs to support your claims. No support = defamation.

Apr 16, 2013 at 9:09 PM Post #232 of 2,595
so are folks to hold off then until someone gets confirmation from Shinwoo about finalization?

Apr 16, 2013 at 11:50 PM Post #233 of 2,595
Originally Posted by Inks

EDIT: Can't disclose what I know, except that you're wrong, it's been done for a while

I find this rather amusing, since "ones who do know" have been recently informed H-200 is under going some final tuning.

What Putente said is true. This information is coming straight from T-Peos themselves.

Apr 17, 2013 at 1:49 AM Post #234 of 2,595
Time will tell, just suggest readers to read as much as they can as lots of information is bound to come out once impressions and data are allowed to be released

Apr 17, 2013 at 3:31 AM Post #235 of 2,595
Why have they launched the product and selling it online if its not finished yet? I cant believe  iem are in production stage and at the same time they are fine tuning it. So they will have to change the production setup if they make even small design change or even compromise the design.
Again first 100 units with special price, do people want to jump on it if what they are selling is product at beta or alpha stage?

Apr 17, 2013 at 4:34 AM Post #236 of 2,595
hmmm, well I asked them when they'll start shipping since I was about to buy. (aside from the cable upright wear thing they seem fine. although the Raphael did seem to think the sound could use some refinement). I guess if they're still tuning they'll go, sure you can buy but we'll start shipping XYZ

edit: they said they'd ship 29th Apr.

>do people want to jump on it if what they are selling is product at beta or alpha stage?

good point

Apr 17, 2013 at 4:56 AM Post #237 of 2,595
Putente, H2O, and myself will be getting reivew samples.  A Shinwoo rep that we've been in contact with was supposed to send out the samples to us last Friday.. that got pushed back to this last Monday (yesterday, 4/15).. and now he's said the samples will ship out to us at the end of this week (Friday).  He apologized & mentioned the delay was due to some final tuning tweaks.  How significant these 'final tweaks' will be remains unknown, but considering that they're being done this close to the official RTM date, I can't imagine that they'll being anything drastic.

I see Inks has deleted out his comments/speculation.. he's pretty good about not spreading unsubstantiated rumors or info that can't be reliably corroborated.. and honestly, he doesn't have a 'dog in this fight'.. so I'm inclined to trust him.  We'll find out soon enough.  All I can say is that I'm very excited to hear the H-200.. regardless of the backstory.  I think I was one of the four people on earth who liked the H-100 (LOL).. but I also understand why many didn't take to them.  That being said, I'll do my best to remain as objective as possible in my H-200 impressions.  I'll be passing the H-200 around to a couple of other fellow Head-Fi colleagues I talk with often so we'll try and form some consensus.. if Inks/Rin don't have a pair headed their way, I'll make sure my pair makes it to them, as well.

As far as being released before production is done.. I don't think that's the case.  My Google Translate doesn't fully convert the Korean site that's 'selling' the H-200.. but from what I can tell/translate, the release date is stated as "sometime in April" & I'm not sure I see a price listed.. or the ability to add it to a cart & buy it.  Again, my Google Translate doesn't fully work at the site, so I could be wrong.. but I'm pretty sure that site/store probably doesn't have actual stock of the H-200 & they're just taking pre-orders (without explicitly stating it) knowing Shinwoo is very close to RTM.

Apr 17, 2013 at 5:06 AM Post #238 of 2,595
Quote:
Why have they launched the product and selling it online if its not finished yet? I cant believe  iem are in production stage and at the same time they are fine tuning it. So they will have to change the production setup if they make even small design change or even compromise the design.
Again first 100 units with special price, do people want to jump on it if what they are selling is product at beta or alpha stage?

If you read the first post carefully, you'll find info there about price and availability. T-PEOS started to accept orders for the H-200, but it will only ship out to customers later this month...

Apr 17, 2013 at 5:26 AM Post #239 of 2,595
I'd like to add my review unit will also be going to a second Head-Fi member for review, so you guys are going to have plenty of impressions to grasp H-200's signature. I suggest you read them all carefully and look for repetition. I also think it's best we get many impressions in for this IEM from all angles. Although I'm not entirely thrilled about the short delay, I think it's best we give T-Peos the time they need, we're very close to our understanding, only a few days away from review units being sent. If T-Peos felt the can improve H-200 that little bit more this is to our benefit. .

Apr 17, 2013 at 9:40 AM Post #240 of 2,595

Users who are viewing this thread

Back