T-PEOS H-200 - new triple hybrid IEM - Impressions thread
Dec 12, 2013 at 5:45 PM Post #2,478 of 2,595
I actually bought a silver cable for my H-200 from a seller on ebay. It is really nice looking and sounds great, a little tighter bass is what I can discern with my subpar ears. Anyways, the cable has horrible microphonics, not when you actually walk around but mostly when you either lie/sit down or stand still and just move a little, the cable bounces against your chest/jacket and makes a lot of noice.

Are there any ways of getting rid off some of the microphonics? Shirt clip is one option that I'd rather not use, can you coat the cable with something to make it less prone to microphonics? Too bad I need to destroy the good looks of it then:frowning2:

PS. I'll try take some pictures with my samsung phone camera.

Dec 13, 2013 at 3:32 AM Post #2,482 of 2,595
  I've tried, I don't know if it is just me but the H-200 aren't too comfortable used over ear in my opinion. The housing is too big and the cable really pushes on my ear because of that.

I actually bought a silver cable for my H-200 from a seller on ebay. It is really nice looking and sounds great, a little tighter bass is what I can discern with my subpar ears. Anyways, the cable has horrible microphonics, not when you actually walk around but mostly when you either lie/sit down or stand still and just move a little, the cable bounces against your chest/jacket and makes a lot of noice.

Are there any ways of getting rid off some of the microphonics? Shirt clip is one option that I'd rather not use, can you coat the cable with something to make it less prone to microphonics? Too bad I need to destroy the good looks of it then:frowning2:

PS. I'll try take some pictures with my samsung phone camera.

I recently got the silver cables as well and noticed that the microphonics worsened. To solve that, I wore them over the ear. The oval shaped ring on the housing really hurt my ear so when I switched the left to right and the right to left, I became much more comfortable. So I wear the left piece on my right ear connected by the left silver cable and the right piece on my left ear with the right silver cable. Sorry that was really confusing. So...I wear these on opposite sides connected with the opposite side cables. And I noticed that a lot of the microphonics decreased when I used foam tips. For better comfort and less microphincs = switch sides + over the ear + foam tips.

Dec 13, 2013 at 8:22 AM Post #2,483 of 2,595

Yeah, I have that issue as well. I also find the bass to be a bit much with them. The large grey tips seal better for me, but then I can hear "the spike" (aka sibilance) a bit. The tips that work best for me so far are the large MH1C tips. They stay in really well, the bass is just right, and "the spike" is tamed.

I have a few more recent tips to try out, but I have my doubts that they will work better for me.

Hey Wayne! I've been using the MH1 large tips with the H200 for a couple of days now... they are perfect!

These are my recommended tips for the H200:
  • Sony MH1 (medium/large) - shallow insertion
  • Sony Hybrids (medium/large) - shallow insertion
  • H200 black stock tips (large) - shallow insertion
  • LG QB2 (large) - shallow insertion
  • Meelec M9 bi-flanges - shallow insertion
  • Dunu DN-1000 translucent grey tips (medium) - deep insertion
  • LG QB2 (medium) - deep insertion
  • H200 translucent grey tips (medium) - deep insertion

Dec 13, 2013 at 8:44 AM Post #2,484 of 2,595
d marc0, I just read your log, blog or journal and we bought the silver cable from the same guy looking at the build of the cable. Weird that you got that gap really, I didn't on mine and they fit really good. Maybe you had something to do with it? :)

Dec 13, 2013 at 3:16 PM Post #2,485 of 2,595
  d marc0, I just read your log, blog or journal and we bought the silver cable from the same guy looking at the build of the cable. Weird that you got that gap really, I didn't on mine and they fit really good. Maybe you had something to do with it? :)

beerchug.gif

Dec 13, 2013 at 4:16 PM Post #2,486 of 2,595

Hey Wayne! I've been using the MH1 large tips with the H200 for a couple of days now... they are perfect!

Cool d marc0! Thanks for trying them out, and for letting me know I'm not completely nuts :)

Dec 15, 2013 at 7:48 AM Post #2,487 of 2,595
I have this pure silver cable here for H-200 which I've had for sale a little while. And tonight I'm going to give it away for "free"

It's the one T-Peos are asking $140 for......

The first person to PM me gets the cable, all they have to do is cover the shipping. 

Goodluck.

Dec 15, 2013 at 7:56 AM Post #2,488 of 2,595
I have this pure silver cable here for H-200 which I've had for sale a little while. And tonight I'm going to give it away for "free"

It's the one T-Peos are asking $140 for......

The first person to PM me gets the cable, all they have to do is cover the shipping. 

Goodluck.

Seriously? I'll take it! PM sent

Dec 15, 2013 at 8:07 AM Post #2,490 of 2,595
Congratulations to the winner! What a nice pre-christmas give away!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back