T-PEOS H-200 - new triple hybrid IEM - Impressions thread
Nov 21, 2013 at 5:20 AM Post #2,461 of 2,595
Nov 21, 2013 at 6:21 AM Post #2,462 of 2,595
Everyone at the meet can use them, except for Lin. When he touches audio gear, all kinds of bizzare issues occur. :wink:

wink_face.gif

Everything starts to sound better. 
biggrin.gif

Nov 21, 2013 at 8:36 AM Post #2,463 of 2,595
Axi, do not get me wrong, DX50 is a very good DAP so i would keep it on your audition list. my opinion is subjective and you may hear things differently. i also still have to try amping which might help H200. also i used FW 1.2.5 while some people find 1.2.2 version sound better, problem is i am afraid to mess up with rolling back FW update since some people complain about FW problems after messing up with FW.

what i admire in DX50 is stunning clarity, far better than C3, however C3 wins in smoother and more natural presentation and magical refined mids. but beware, if you choose C3 then amping will be the way to go.

cannot tell much about Fiio x3 but heard users happily upgrading to DX50 sound
smily_headphones1.gif

Yes, you're right about dx50. If i am continue use um3x maybe i prefer dx50.
But with h200, i guess x3 is better choice 'cause of sound signature.

C3 is out of question for me, it's not my style.
Thanks btw.

Nov 21, 2013 at 3:10 PM Post #2,464 of 2,595
Nov 24, 2013 at 6:19 AM Post #2,467 of 2,595

@H20Fidelity .. Any ideas?

Pages and pages back there were some members building their own cables. I believe this post below may help.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/642308/t-peos-h-200-new-triple-hybrid-iem-appreciation-thread/2340#post_9911509

Dec 10, 2013 at 7:33 PM Post #2,469 of 2,595
Anyone able to get a good seal w/ the stock black tips? Every time I try to push them in my ear, they just slide out! I've tried all the different sizes of the tips but it's the same thing.  Only the Comply's won't pop out of my ears since I compress it before inserting to allow it to expand and seal in my ear.

Dec 10, 2013 at 7:38 PM Post #2,470 of 2,595
  Anyone able to get a good seal w/ the stock black tips? Every time I try to push them in my ear, they just slide out! I've tried all the different sizes of the tips but it's the same thing.  Only the Comply's won't pop out of my ears since I compress it before inserting to allow it to expand and seal in my ear.

I use large sized tips even with the stock tips. They just sit on the opening of my ear canal and stays sealed all the time. You may also try MH1c tips or Sony hybrid tips.

Dec 10, 2013 at 7:39 PM Post #2,471 of 2,595

Yeah, I have that issue as well. I also find the bass to be a bit much with them. The large grey tips seal better for me, but then I can hear "the spike" (aka sibilance) a bit. The tips that work best for me so far are the large MH1C tips. They stay in really well, the bass is just right, and "the spike" is tamed.

I have a few more recent tips to try out, but I have my doubts that they will work better for me.

Dec 10, 2013 at 7:42 PM Post #2,472 of 2,595
@waynes world which is your favourite now mate? M200 or H200? 
biggrin.gif

Dec 10, 2013 at 8:12 PM Post #2,474 of 2,595
  @waynes world which is your favourite now mate? M200 or H200? 
biggrin.gif

When I finally got some tips that work for me, I started following your suggestion of listening to only the M200's for a while and seeing how I felt about them after doing so. "A while" lasted until about 1 hour ago when I did try finally listen to the H200's again lol. But it was for only about 3 minutes and one song. 

So I will have to spend a bit more time ab'ing now that I've managed to pry the M200's out of my ears, but very briefly the H200's have more bass and bass impact (although the sub-bass seems to be about the same), and the highs are more forward, and they have more detail and resolution (I suppose due to the BA drivers). Funny that the bass almost seemed like too much, and the highs almost seemed a bit too forward after listening to the M200's (although my ears started quickly adjusting). The M200's on the other hand seem to be more balanced (with more forward mids) and as someone once said.. more refined - a very nice full sound right across the FR. I can see using the H200's for more electronic genres such as trance (or metal if/when I get into it more), and also using them at the gym due to the larger bass and better seal. And I can see using the M200's more around the house and listening to a large cross section of genres.

So my favourite? I claim the 5th on that one... for now!

Dec 11, 2013 at 1:14 AM Post #2,475 of 2,595

When I finally got some tips that work for me, I started following your suggestion of listening to only the M200's for a while and seeing how I felt about them after doing so. "A while" lasted until about 1 hour ago when I did try finally listen to the H200's again lol. But it was for only about 3 minutes and one song. 

So I will have to spend a bit more time ab'ing now that I've managed to pry the M200's out of my ears, but very briefly the H200's have more bass and bass impact (although the sub-bass seems to be about the same), and the highs are more forward, and they have more detail and resolution (I suppose due to the BA drivers). Funny that the bass almost seemed like too much, and the highs almost seemed a bit too forward after listening to the M200's (although my ears started quickly adjusting). The M200's on the other hand seem to be more balanced (with more forward mids) and as someone once said.. more refined - a very nice full sound right across the FR. I can see using the H200's for more electronic genres such as trance (or metal if/when I get into it more), and also using them at the gym due to the larger bass and better seal. And I can see using the M200's more around the house and listening to a large cross section of genres.

So my favourite? I claim the 5th on that one... for now!

Totally agree with you mate! I still have to compare them as well... but I'm already certain that I'll be keeping both of them!

Where can I get MH1C tips?

You may have to purchase the Sony MH1 or MH1c headset. Cheapest one is about $15 on ebay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back