T-PEOS H-200 - new triple hybrid IEM - Impressions thread
Jun 19, 2013 at 5:42 PM Post #1,246 of 2,595
still i cannot imagine what can beat them for 300$? sure paying more you move up more too but H200 is incredible for the price and will make many competition pale.

Preferences considered, I can say I've heard better at equal and/or lesser value. But, this is the "appreciation" thread, after all, and there's nothing about the H-200's sound quality that I don't appreciate at its price point.

Jun 19, 2013 at 5:45 PM Post #1,247 of 2,595
Quote:
Preferences considered, I can say I've heard better at equal and/or lesser value. But, this is the "appreciation" thread, after all, and there's nothing about the H-200's sound quality that I don't appreciate at its price point.

Could you give an example of something that is an equal or better value in the H200 range? 

Jun 19, 2013 at 5:52 PM Post #1,248 of 2,595
Roy, easily, 1plus2, potentially asg2, see review on headfi... But for the price H200 impossible to beat and i love them no matter i have better, H200 is huge fun and thanks to H200 chiming in about them. but buying you must remember about fit issue since for some people it became a deal breaker sadly.

Jun 19, 2013 at 6:03 PM Post #1,249 of 2,595
 Could you give an example of something that is an equal or better value in the H200 range? 

Certainly. The MDR-7550, at $180, and RE-272 (recently sold at $200, though now discontinued) are the ones to beat, in my book. Though, as I said, it's merely down to preference at this point, and I could easily see it swinging one way or the other, depending on the individual. I'll also be receiving the Fidelio S2 and RE-400 in the near future, and will also pin them both against the H-200.

Jun 19, 2013 at 6:53 PM Post #1,250 of 2,595
Quote:
Certainly. The MDR-7550, at $180, and RE-272 (recently sold at $200, though now discontinued) are the ones to beat, in my book. Though, as I said, it's merely down to preference at this point, and I could easily see it swinging one way or the other, depending on the individual. I'll also be receiving the Fidelio S2 and RE-400 in the near future, and will also pin them both against the H-200.

Looking forward to that comparison!

Jun 19, 2013 at 7:13 PM Post #1,251 of 2,595
Quote:

RE400 can't touch the H-200.  I love RE400 for what it is but it is technically nowhere near the H-200.  The only aspect it is superior wold the the fit/comfort.  S2 is sound even less fun AND correct than H-200 and RE400 with too much coloration and uneven FR.  

H-200 is the first IEM I had since I got my FT334 to go a full day without going back to the 334.  It also made me dreading I may not like the aurisonics that I'm going to receive in a few weeks as much as I hoped with the sort of money I paid for it.....

Jun 19, 2013 at 7:16 PM Post #1,252 of 2,595
Quote:
H200 is marvel if you find proper fit and tips, some users had fit issues unfortunately. still i cannot imagine what can beat them for 300$? sure paying more you move up more too but H200 is incredible for the price and will make many competition pale.

what i wish that TPeos better would provide the storage box instead of bag and also i wish black cable had no remote while red cable had remote.

I'm still befuddled on the color choice of the red cable.... it almost feel they had a drastic design change but had already made the red cable so they are throwing it in nonetheless.  

If you don't usually run into fit issues with bigger housing/tips IEMs, H-200 is a no brainer.

Jun 19, 2013 at 7:29 PM Post #1,253 of 2,595
Quote:

Thanks.  It's funny because those are two I might have guessed, and the Sony is on my short-list because I think it's sound signature is close to my preference.  I know the ex1000 is said to have treble that some can find off-putting and the 7550 is said to be tamer.  As someone who has been a watcher of this market for a while, I find the options in the $200 range to be very compelling value-wise.

Gintaras, I have read your comments in the 1plus2 thread with great care and have been impressed with those who have been comfortable enough with their own perceptions to offer realistic comparisons between the H200 and those higher priced models, even knowing that some folks can take issue when IEMs that are different price brackets get compared and the differences sometimes aren't as significant as price would suggest. 

Jun 19, 2013 at 7:35 PM Post #1,254 of 2,595
Yes, count me in as H-200 fan, very enjoyable IEM, I've become quite addicted to the timbre and tonal quality overtime (especially with the upgrade cable) T-Peos have done an excellent job, good PRAT too very involving which gets your foot tapping. They really open up with strong sources though sound pretty damn nice even from a Clip+. They're just fun to listen to compared to some others in my collection. I'm glad people jumped in to experience this hybrid. I can't say it's my favourite IEM atm, but I will say H-200 has sent some other much more expensive earphones here laying in their storage case.......

Now we wait for H-300. :D Bring on H-300! :tongue_smile:

Jun 19, 2013 at 7:45 PM Post #1,255 of 2,595
RE400 can't touch the H-200.  I love RE400 for what it is but it is technically nowhere near the H-200.  The only aspect it is superior wold the the fit/comfort.  S2 is sound even less fun AND correct than H-200 and RE400 with too much coloration and uneven FR.  

H-200 is the first IEM I had since I got my FT334 to go a full day without going back to the 334.  It also made me dreading I may not like the aurisonics that I'm going to receive in a few weeks as much as I hoped with the sort of money I paid for it.....

Interesting...

We'll see whether or not I hear things differently. With regards to the Aurisonics, is it the universal ASG-2 that you're referring to, or the custom AS-2?

Jun 19, 2013 at 8:01 PM Post #1,256 of 2,595
Quote:
Interesting...

We'll see whether or not I hear things differently. With regards to the Aurisonics, is it the universal ASG-2 that you're referring to, or the custom AS-2?

It is universal G-2 with custom shell/plates.  Still waiting for a shipping date estimation from Dale.

Would definitely look forward to your impression as well.  As I said I like the RE400 and I like it over anything in the $300 range except the H-200.  Plus RE400 is so tiny and comfortable I can sleep with it in my ears.  It's relaxing and smooth sound also make it good for an easy listening on the bed, or when you'd actually need to concentrate on work and not music when listening at the office!  I have not own the 7550 so cannot comment on it but I liked it when I demo'ed at Sony store, though not enough to have bought it.

Jun 19, 2013 at 8:18 PM Post #1,258 of 2,595
Quote:
Damn, now I'm really tempted to get the 7550. When I demoed all the iems, it was either H-200 or 7550. H-200 was much cheaper in Korea, so I went for it, but now I kind of want 7550. What do I do?

Go get'em all Kim!  It really never stop.  There was a time I thought I'm done with buying/upgrading IEMs.  Well I had actually stop buying IEMs for a quite a while after getting the FT334 until these hybrids came around..... I blame the H-200

Jun 19, 2013 at 8:23 PM Post #1,259 of 2,595
The answer is quite simple kimvictor: Buy both, the problem with this hobby is like kkcc said, temptation never truly ends. That's why we're all still here. One will experience moments when they think they've found the perfect earphone or set up, only the mind is very powerful and I think we become immune to any given sound after sometime so the craving for different signatures and curiosity runs endlessly. There's no escape I'm afraid, wallets crying everywhere.

Jun 19, 2013 at 8:26 PM Post #1,260 of 2,595
Quote:

Oh, trust me...there'll be no confusing them.

I've been listening to the H-200 almost exclusively for the last couple of weeks, and it really is worth the hype. It's still a good few tiers below the ASG-2 though, which I found slightly better than the 334.

I sent the H200 to Wayne this morning, so I'll condense my thoughts and post them in a few minutes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back