T-Peos H-100 Hybrid IEM Appreciation Thread
Jan 3, 2013 at 8:31 PM Post #1,141 of 1,259
where do we send the gifts H20?

You could get it put on a tshirt or coffee mug also, even better would be the full size poster that had the FR Curve light up from the rear, that's be easy enough to do.

Jan 3, 2013 at 8:48 PM Post #1,142 of 1,259
H-100 and I could go on our honeymoon together to Shinwoo Tech for a factory tour. :tongue_smile:

I'm really enjoying my HM-601 with H-100 recently, certainly source of the month here right now, the added warmth works welll. And my killer C&C amp appears to be currently sitting somewhere at Sydney airport, let's pray it turns up soon because I'm hanging to try it out.

Good sources are very important!

Jan 3, 2013 at 9:33 PM Post #1,143 of 1,259
Quote:
H-100 and I could go on our honeymoon together to Shinwoo Tech for a factory tour.
tongue_smile.gif

I'm picturing you and the H-100 on your wedding night...err...oh gosh.  No.  Let me get those images out of my head. 
eek.gif

I hope you two are happy together.
blink.gif

Jan 4, 2013 at 1:13 AM Post #1,145 of 1,259
Dont know that its new but ongoing.

I got my new Kiwi foam tips.  Only took 4 weeks so the company  in China refunded my money.

I expanded their centers with a pen then slid them over the vmoda bliss center green post. Then placed that combo over the nozzle of my
H 100's,

This is it. Everything improve about 5% over everything previous.  Most noticeable is a warmth in the midrange I had not previously  heard
and a bit more detail in the highs.  Bass is more tuneful as well. Beyond that the size of the  soundstage gets bigger with more layering.  These things create the very real sensation that I am listening to high-end audio loudspeakers.  I use to sell Martin Logan, Revel  and Theil.
I went to work for Talon Audio and much preferred the Khorus.  I am  preparing at some point money to build  a pair of Single End Full Range Loudspeakers in a Folded Transmission Line encloseure.  On Bottlehead they are called Bazookas, designer is John Swenson.

I am going to delay that and pursue the sound of the H-100.  Right now I use them with my HTC sensation and  QA 350 Card Player.  Occasionaly of my wife's Acer all in one.  I prefer EAC processed CD's to wav files on the computer.  I copy these to a 32GB memory card on my QA 350( largest it can handle. and place a few of my favourites on my HTC sensations 8gb card.

These are the closest thing to music I have heard in a long time.  I used to listen to GRADO Reference One  headphones as  well with a
grado headphone amp directly  off a heavily modified Cal Audio DVD/CD player. I'm not missing it nearly as much as you might think.  The QA 350 with these actually throws a much larger more coherent soundstage has more bass impact and is  involving me more in
the music than that combo.   Ridiculous isn't it.  %-).   Thats my twiterpatted smile!

Happy listening

jgwtriode

Jan 4, 2013 at 3:14 AM Post #1,146 of 1,259
Sorry to bust in.... Glad you're enjoying them jgwtriode. :wink:

I'll put this here because people were curious.

For people curious about the C&C BH Portable Amp, here's a preview. She's a winner! :cool:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/644363/c-c-bh-portable-headphone-amplifier-80-hours-from-a-single-charge-preview

Jan 7, 2013 at 8:21 PM Post #1,147 of 1,259
For those looking at a compact (but robust) desktop amp/dac combo (that looks as good as it sounds).. the H-100 has terrific synergy with the Schiit Modi/Magni stack.  I've had it for a week now and it's really impressive for the price.  For those who want to maintain the H-100's transparency but feel the H-100's mids sound 'thin' or would like a little more midbass presence.. the M/M stack is what the doctor ordered.  Recommended!

Jan 8, 2013 at 12:54 AM Post #1,148 of 1,259
A recent review on H-100 has been written. It's rather positive.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/644943/review-swp-t-peos-h-100kr

Jan 8, 2013 at 2:49 AM Post #1,149 of 1,259
Quote:
For those looking at a compact (but robust) desktop amp/dac combo (that looks as good as it sounds).. the H-100 has terrific synergy with the Schiit Modi/Magni stack.  I've had it for a week now and it's really impressive for the price.  For those who want to maintain the H-100's transparency but feel the H-100's mids sound 'thin' or would like a little more midbass presence.. the M/M stack is what the doctor ordered.  Recommended!

Not a bad combo for $200 total, I don't have any proper desktop DAC/amp combo at the moment so I might do a deeper read up about this Schiit combo...

...ahhh so much to buy, so little money...

Jan 9, 2013 at 1:43 AM Post #1,150 of 1,259
I'm going to get a Neco V3 probably with the AD 8610 or opa 637 if Neco will let me.  Not sure which way to go at this
point.  I have heard good things bout both opamps.  Neco should have some available next week.

Just read to many good things about them and I love the quality and simplicity of how they are built.  Little tanks and the long
battery life doesn"t hurt.  Up to 30 hours on a charge with std batteries.

After that I'm getting an ODACl.  Seems like the best way to go all things considered.

Happy Listening
Jgwtriode

Jan 9, 2013 at 3:50 AM Post #1,151 of 1,259
Neco V3 w/ AD8610 opamps & the ODAC.. absolutely fantastic rig right there.  Great choice!  I had that very rig and enjoyed it immensely.  While I no longer have the V3, I still hold in the highest of regards & it remains one of my favorite amps to date.  The build quality is unparalleled at the price (perhaps even twice the price of most portables out today).

Jan 9, 2013 at 2:37 PM Post #1,152 of 1,259
totally agreed lol difference is I still have the neco V3.1 and will not let it go anywhere soon

Jan 9, 2013 at 5:52 PM Post #1,153 of 1,259
I was mucking around with some tips last night, I still can't believe how much the sound alters especially the staging and vocals.

Tips I was using: GR07 Copy cat Hyrbids, Vmoda Bliss, no name ebay brand, stock tip.

By far I enjoy the ebay ones most they widen the stage for me and has the most appeal with vocals and mid range samples. All the others just don't do it for me.

Here's the link again for them

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/320960605990?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Jan 9, 2013 at 6:40 PM Post #1,154 of 1,259
Those look very similar to some of the ones that came with my MTPG.

Jan 9, 2013 at 6:43 PM Post #1,155 of 1,259
Those look very similar to some of the ones that came with my MTPG.

They have a very rigid bore that's not easy to get pinched in the ear canal, the earpiece nozzel sits fairy deep inside the tips.

Best tips for my experience. and only $1.20 for, 3 pairs S/M/L

Users who are viewing this thread

Back