T-Peos H-100 Hybrid IEM Appreciation Thread
Oct 17, 2012 at 9:55 AM Post #76 of 1,259
Thank you! BTW, under which category would you place the H-100 in your Concise Multi-IEM Comparison thread?

Balanced with a mild U-shaped FR curve.

Oct 17, 2012 at 10:08 AM Post #77 of 1,259
I'm looking forward to hearing these and just how good the will sound with edm.  Ever since I sold my TF10 I've kind of been regretting it so these should make up for that since ClieOS said they sound a bit like the TF10's.

Oct 17, 2012 at 4:22 PM Post #78 of 1,259
Quote:
Detail wise, T-100 is definitely better behave than B2 with lesser aggression while still almost equal in micro-detail, and it doesn't have sound grainy like FXT90. B2 doesn't have great soundstage, FXT90 is better at this. I'll place H-100 between the two, a little more toward FXT90.

Thanks for the comparison, to me B2 are slightly airier and have wider soundstage than FXT90, JVCs have better depth but are more intimate and warm, maybe my ears are not so accurate.
smile.gif

Oct 17, 2012 at 5:37 PM Post #80 of 1,259
With an amp, the bass (and the entire frequency curve, in actuality) does 'clean up' & tighten a bit.. but the difference/improvement is nowhere near appreciable enough to say an amp is required to get the most out of these.  That being said, I didn't like the H-100 with the UHA-6S MKII (OPA209 opamp) all that much.. a little too bright for my liking.  In fact, running the H-100 straight from my iPhone 4 remains my favorite setup.  Not just for portability.. but for sound.  The iPhone 4 offers slightly more midbass presence (than the UHA-6S/OPA209) to give the midrange a sense of warmth and body.  Treble remains crisp, extended, and immensely detailed (easily on par, if not exceeding the DBA-02.. H-100's treble seems to have more depth and body).

I had my DBA-02 reshelled into a custom.. so I reaped all there was to reap from it in terms of getting around fitment issues.  Going off (reliable) memory, the H-100 has a wider & deeper soundstage than DBA-02.  It might even be a touch wider than the GR07 MKII (the H-100 images better than the GR07, IMO).

The H-100 is one of the more sensitive IEMs in regards to the ruthlesssness in which it reveals recording quality.  Poorly recorded music can definitely sound thin, strident, and fatiguing.. it's debatable to what extent that is, though.  Feed it well recorded stuff.. and it really rewards you with it's excellent dynamics, detail, transparency, and clarity.  I really like the bass response, too.. it's better controlled compared to what I heard ootb.. great texture and linearity.

Oct 17, 2012 at 5:43 PM Post #81 of 1,259
Oct 18, 2012 at 8:12 AM Post #85 of 1,259
Mine were mailed a few hours ago and should have them by the 25th.

Oct 18, 2012 at 9:44 AM Post #87 of 1,259
When I ordered the H-100 I also ordered a Philips GoGear Muse.  I had an old GoGear and the SQ was really quite good on it, it had a smooth, warm and detailed sound an on some of the Muse reviews I read even if they were a bad reviews based on features or performance they all said it sound good like on Trusted Reviews.  I could care less if they have apps or not because I use an mp3 player for just that mp3's so if its sounds good I'm happy.  With the H-100 and it brighter treble the warmer sounding Muse might be a good match but we shall wait and see.

Oct 18, 2012 at 5:29 PM Post #88 of 1,259
Quote:
hmm, i very much like H-100 from my new clip+. None of the problems I had with Cowon d2 or O2 amp without impedance adapters.
odd. but pleasing.

Great, I was wondering if I'd have to use my Clip+ or Fuze with an amp to get all the potential of these H-100.

Oct 18, 2012 at 7:45 PM Post #89 of 1,259
I'm becoming more curious about this IEM. I need to sell all that stuff in my sig first, but I'm really tempted.

Anyhow my question is, do we know much about this brand or company, are they new on the scene or someone I've never heard of?

Oct 18, 2012 at 9:42 PM Post #90 of 1,259
Quote:
I'm becoming more curious about this IEM. I need to sell all that stuff in my sig first, but I'm really tempted.
Anyhow my question is, do we know much about this brand or company, are they new on the scene or someone I've never heard of?

All I know is they're made by a company called ShinWoo Tech and here's their site, http://www.swpshinwoo.com/.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back