T-PEOS Altone350 impressions and Australian review tour thread.
Jun 27, 2015 at 2:32 AM Post #136 of 173
I got the altone 350 for 250 $, I find the bass just enough for my taste, I like it and the texture of it, mids and treble also best I got for my ears. I listen with moderate volume and I don't prefer the sound of it with very high volumes even while using a low power source like sansa clip and amping just made it worse for me, and I belive this earphone got better with burn in, especially bass has more body. Do you have any upgrade suggestions  for someone liking altone 350 very much? 

Jun 27, 2015 at 3:14 AM Post #138 of 173
  I got the altone 350 for 250 $, I find the bass just enough for my taste, I like it and the texture of it, mids and treble also best I got for my ears. I listen with moderate volume and I don't prefer the sound of it with very high volumes even while using a low power source like sansa clip and amping just made it worse for me, and I belive this earphone got better with burn in, especially bass has more body. Do you have any upgrade suggestions  for someone liking altone 350 very much? 

If you like it - why are you looking to upgrade so soon?

Jun 29, 2015 at 5:56 AM Post #141 of 173
I don't plan to upgrade actually, now that I found something for my taste, I'll use it till I hear something better, maybe I'll upgrade the cable. I'm just curious for the better because of your negative comments, to see what your reference is 
rolleyes.gif

I take live sounds reference, as much as I can recall and response of altone 350 is most realistic of I heard, like.. sometimes cymbals hurts my ears and bass is hard to ignore etc.. 

Jun 29, 2015 at 6:41 AM Post #142 of 173
  I don't plan to upgrade actually, now that I found something for my taste, I'll use it till I hear something better, maybe I'll upgrade the cable. I'm just curious for the better because of your negative comments, to see what your reference is 
rolleyes.gif

I take live sounds reference, as much as I can recall and response of altone 350 is most realistic of I heard, like.. sometimes cymbals hurts my ears and bass is hard to ignore etc.. 

My reference for a natural sound would be the HD600. Personally, and I have listened to a lot of live music - as well as growing up with a mother and grandmother who both played piano, and a brother who as very good on acoustic guitar (I dabbled but was never proficient) the Altone 350 would be pretty far away from what I would personally regard as "natural".  Far too much bass emphasis for me  - and there is no definition to it (quite muddy and monotonous). The HD600 on the other hand manages to convey tone and timbre which is very natural sounding to my ears.

At the same time though - I do have a tendency to appreciate brighter sounding earphones / headphones - so I guess my overall tendency would be for pretty balanced headphones with a tinge of brightness. it's why I liked the Altone 350's mid-range so much. It was really enjoyable.

But you like the Altones -  and that should be all that matters. Sadly I can't help you with any ideas of what would be better - as the overall signature is clearly one that does not gel with my preferences.  My tastes are different to yours - that is all.
beerchug.gif

Jun 29, 2015 at 4:09 PM Post #144 of 173
Check the new RHA T20 when they're released @prostheticwhim. They're more along the lines of the Dunu DN-1000 sound but are better IMHO
L3000.gif

Oh please tell me that the RHA T20 don't sound like the Altone 350 ......

Jun 29, 2015 at 8:09 PM Post #145 of 173
Oh please tell me that the RHA T20 don't sound like the Altone 350 ......

Haven't heard A350 yet, but going by the A250 I've heard I'm going to say that would be a definitive no.

I was trying to steer prostheticwhim towards something I thought would be a step up. T20 are the MA750 upgrade RHA fans have been waiting for!

Jul 3, 2015 at 2:13 AM Post #146 of 173
Actually I don't think I'm a basshead, if we compare headphone -iem, superlux hd668 sounds much more bassy to me and it's defined as a balanced monitor. I find their sound character very similar, but for sure altone is much much better in terms of resolution and seperation.

Jul 15, 2015 at 7:21 AM Post #147 of 173
I have here with me Altone 350.

I'm hearing a warmer sound than usually found in previous T-Peos products, nothing dark or excessively veiled, just a large amount of smoothness and overall restraint from those usually vibrant or extremely clear presentations I've heard before. It does indeed have a nice amount of sub-bass and a touch more mid-bass, though its speed and texture is what I've found in previous models, well established. I quite like the bass, whilst it bleeds into the mids fractionally it can contribute to the smoothness I hear.

Treble is well controlled with most tracks (a good sign). I haven't put it truly to the test yet with some well-known whammy hot treble test tracks. Overall I find it quite a pleasant sounding hybrid, but still holding a level of 'faux' or fake detail pushing out from the upper-mid range. It sounds reasonably accurate, smooth, quite coherent with a decent size soundstage.

I don't think it pushes out as much 'absolute' detail heft like Fidue A83 can. Rather Altone 350 borrows it from a tilt in the upper mids.

Its not bad though! quite nice indeed and very sensible sounding overall from a tuning perspective.

I'll be around with some more and a mini review in about a week.

Jul 17, 2015 at 7:07 AM Post #148 of 173
I continue to be impressed with Altone350, we've had some good times these past few days. Maybe I'm just a sucker for the T-Peos sound? 
tongue_smile.gif
 Honestly, while they aren't perfect, the overall clarity, separation, and soundstage is quite good, in some ways strike me down the mid-range reminds me a 'little bit' of 1Plus2 note weight, transparency but with bigger harder bass. Its almost like H-300 and Altone200 had a baby together but during conception ASG-2 snuck in for a small contribution on the bass section.  It will be a positive review from me for the 350, I cannot help but really enjoy them. 

I've noticed some variation on sources though. DX50 sits quite well. The Tralucent DAC brought out too much bass, more in line with what Brooko describes. I'll try some other sources before making final judgment however, DX50 is proving quite good results for my tastes.

Jul 17, 2015 at 11:24 AM Post #150 of 173
Maybe you could give a quick A350 vs T20 comparison?

And if you've heard A250, how do you like that vs A350?

beerchug.gif

RHA T20 and I are not getting along well.

If I was to compare it would be a whitewash victory to Altone350 particularly in clarity and how clean the mid-range is. T20 does not sound clean to me and I know the difference between warmth, thickness and an IEM exhibiting those aspects correctly or sounding confused and incoherent. If I was to switch between Altone350 and T20 using Taylor Swifts "This Love" track from her 1989 album T20 is not looking great, at least for me. Altone350 on the other hand, cuts the lawn much cleaner...

I will be absolutely interested in Brooko's take on T20 considering his thoughts on Altone350 were less than ideal.

But rather than spoil T20's party I'll simply withdraw from commenting any further. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back