T-PEOS Altone350 impressions and Australian review tour thread.
May 12, 2015 at 12:01 AM Post #77 of 173
I believe it @H20Fidelity. Only thing that scared me off was complaints about high end, but A200 didn't seem to bother me not do Vsonics where people complain to no end about piercing highs. Guess I'm too old to be overly sensitive
L3000.gif

My whole work site just got closed down and everyone laid off, or I'd just go ahead and plunk down the cash for some H300 and give them a shot. As it stands, I've got to make sure my cash reserves go to more critical needs
wink_face.gif

Those very reasons you mentioned are why I don't own H-300 anymore. The tonality (in the end) was too bright even for my preferences which are close to cold / analytical. The reason you need rockbox Clip Zip is to gain access to that nifty EQ, dial in the right frequencies then 'tweak, tame, shift their tonality warmer by lowering highs and masking the mid-range a little. It become more of a fun experiment IEM that could sound really good with some adjustments.

H-300 was very close to an excellent hybrid, but its long listening (for me personally) was limited unless using the Sansa EQ.

Maybe you will see a pair at the FS cheap one day. 
smile.gif

May 12, 2015 at 12:18 AM Post #79 of 173
@H20Fidelity: What other IEM have you tried that have H300 level sub-bass without dropping out the upper end? I've tried A200, DN1K, MA750. They're all nice but lack the bass slam of the A250 (which sounds like it inherited H300-ish bass character but with more mid-bass).

That's the thing with T-Peos hybrids, (especially with H-300), it had really great sub-bass texture and impact, their dynamic drivers are quite capable. Apart from the ones you mentioned (DN-1000 wich is a bit loose) I would say the closest I've heard would be Tralucent 1Plus2.

You can see here from my H-300 review.

The way you can hear each bass note executing bouncing onto the next and the actual shaping of each note is by far close to the best I've heard besides possibly Tralucents revised 1Plus2, and that's big call considering some of the gear I've heard. 

H-300 had exceptional bass. But although the same dynamic driver was used in Alton200 it didn't sound the same due to the housing chamber and porting. I really think H-300 housing has the better measurements (correct) for that driver.

May 12, 2015 at 12:46 AM Post #81 of 173
Agreed regarding A200. Sounds like it was much more balanced but lost some TPEOS magic along the way.

If I need to step up the Tralucents to get equivalent bass, I'll be waiting a loooong time
wink_face.gif

I forgot to mention ASG-2.5, it would be good contender in sub-bass with its tuning ports.

May 12, 2015 at 3:21 AM Post #83 of 173
Those very reasons you mentioned are why I don't own H-300 anymore. The tonality (in the end) was too bright even for my preferences which are close to cold / analytical. The reason you need rockbox Clip Zip is to gain access to that nifty EQ, dial in the right frequencies then 'tweak, tame, shift their tonality warmer by lowering highs and masking the mid-range a little. It become more of a fun experiment IEM that could sound really good with some adjustments.

H-300 was very close to an excellent hybrid, but its long listening (for me personally) was limited unless using the Sansa EQ.

Maybe you will see a pair at the FS cheap one day. :smile:  

Yup, I use my H-300 with an iPod touch and the Denon music player, it comes with a graphic EQ which is perfect, I lower the 8khz mark by about 2.5db and it basically solves the problem.

Anyway, hell, if he wants a cheap one, I'll sell mine and take the plunge on the A350...for science!

May 12, 2015 at 7:29 PM Post #86 of 173
May 13, 2015 at 5:25 AM Post #88 of 173
Not looking to buy right now Hapster but might be interested in a trade. If there's anything interesting in my profile, PM me.

Alright, no problem. Anyway, T-Peos finally got back to me about trading in my H-300 for the A350 and they said…

"Hello

For more information on exchange in U.S, please visit below web site and contact CTC Audio for more inquiries.

http://www.ctcaudio.com/collections/t-peos"

So yea, just emailed these people now. I hope they respond.

May 13, 2015 at 6:06 PM Post #89 of 173
We've got to find a way to order from T-Peos's official website. Altone 350's only seem to cost $165 usd - I'd gladly pay that and $50 shipping than the current prices everywhere else they're distributed. The checkout doesn't get translated at all though, so it's hard.

May 13, 2015 at 6:45 PM Post #90 of 173
Alright, no problem. Anyway, T-Peos finally got back to me about trading in my H-300 for the A350 and they said…

"Hello

For more information on exchange in U.S, please visit below web site and contact CTC Audio for more inquiries.

http://www.ctcaudio.com/collections/t-peos"

So yea, just emailed these people now. I hope they respond.

what do you mean by exchange exactly? Your h-300 was broken while still under warranty or something?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back