T-PEOS Altone200 - 3 - Way - Hybrid Discussion Thread.
Aug 5, 2015 at 10:43 AM Post #1,336 of 1,424
Hello everybody 
gs1000.gif

While I don't yet have the chance to thoroughly check out this thread, can anybody point me in the direction of which earphone you would recommend?
Altone 200, DUNU D-2000 or D-2000J. 

Here are the sound preferences I'm seeking:
Detailed in all frequencies (borderlining analytical) with good sub-bass and treble extension yet fairly flat (accurate bass but non-basshead), punchy / hard hitting, and at least a moderately good soundstage. But I don't generally like the ultra-flat traditional balanced armature sound.
 Thanks!

Aug 5, 2015 at 3:46 PM Post #1,337 of 1,424
Hello everybody :gs1000smile:  

While I don't yet have the chance to thoroughly check out this thread, can anybody point me in the direction of which earphone you would recommend?
Altone 200, DUNU D-2000 or D-2000J. 

[COLOR=222222]Here are the sound preferences I'm seeking:[/COLOR]
[COLOR=222222]Detailed in all frequencies (borderlining analytical) with good sub-bass and treble extension yet fairly flat (accurate bass but non-basshead), punchy / hard hitting, and at least a moderately good soundstage.[/COLOR] But I don't generally like the ultra-flat traditional balanced armature sound.
 [COLOR=222222]Thanks![/COLOR]

The Altone's are discontinued. I got a pair and I'm not blown away by them but I do like them. I am coming from a pair of sony xbaH1 which I lost. The sony had way more bass but lacked clearity. The Altone are very clear and IMO very neutral. I eq my Fiio x5 to really enhance the bass. i can't get it to really blow my brains out but it's pleasant.

I originally had the kef M-200 which have really nice bass and clearity but has a small sound stage. Those were damaged during a bike ride.

Aug 5, 2015 at 4:08 PM Post #1,339 of 1,424
The Altone are very clear and IMO very neutral. I eq my Fiio x5 to really enhance the bass.

The Altones aren't even close to neutral.  V shaped.  Quite coloured.  They are pretty bassy (compared to more neutral earphones) and quite hot in the upper mids and lower treble (which is where they get their clarity).  I'll graph all 3.

Aug 5, 2015 at 6:51 PM Post #1,340 of 1,424
The Altones aren't even close to neutral.  V shaped.  Quite coloured.  They are pretty bassy (compared to more neutral earphones) and quite hot in the upper mids and lower treble (which is where they get their clarity).  I'll graph all 3.

whith EQ off I think there is just as much Bass as mids and highs. I would think that is neutral. But to be honest I listened to them un EQed for about a song or 2 and decided I needed to intervine. I'm not a reviewer because I honestly don't get the whole dark bright hot cold vocabs used around here. In my mind if none of the three major Frequencies jumps out at you then the phones are neutral.

Is this a wrong way to look at it? I guess leaving it to the computers is the best way to compare.

Aug 5, 2015 at 6:55 PM Post #1,341 of 1,424
whith EQ off I think there is just as much Bass as mids and highs. I would think that is neutral. But to be honest I listened to them un EQed for about a song or 2 and decided I needed to intervine. I'm not a reviewer because I honestly don't get the whole dark bright hot cold vocabs used around here. In my mind if none of the three major Frequencies jumps out at you then the phones are neutral.

Is this a wrong way to look at it? I guess leaving it to the computers is the best way to compare.

Nope - just means you are a bit of a bass-head, so your "preference" for "neutrality" has the bass boosted.  Nothing wrong with that - but doesn't change the fact that the Altones are quite a V shaped signature, and definitely not close to a truly neutral response. 

Aug 5, 2015 at 9:03 PM Post #1,342 of 1,424
@trunolimit - this will show you what I mean.  Altone is green.  Note the quite pronounced V / U.  Emphasis on both bass and upper mid-range.

2000 is probably the most neutral of the 3.

Aug 10, 2015 at 2:11 AM Post #1,346 of 1,424
I've asked this a bit before - but I'm going to start using IEM's quite a bit daily (school) and could use a final opinion before I snag a pair of Altone 200's. 

I got to use the Altone 200 for a bit thanks to the amazing CTC Audio. They had a dope ass tour going around.
I really, really loved the Altone 200. I didn't even get to amp them or use a good source. Sounded mind****ingly dazzling out of a $10 phone. 

The only complaint I have is that they didn't really have enough bass - I would like more, but tight and that doesn't muddle the mids or highs. They also started to hurt in my ears a bit after an hour or two of listening, but I only had silicone tips on them. Never got to try Complys which I think would fix the problem. 

So, is there any other IEM like the Altone 200 in the price range? Amazing detail, sounds like everything is coming at you from all angles? I completely fell in love with the signature of the Altone 200. Not exactly sure why I'm even asking. I would like to know the options though. The only other IEM's I've heard are JVC ha-fx700's and Razer Hammerhead Pro's, the Altone stomps both. Impeccably. 

I'm not a pop guy but teenage girls voices come across pretty damn greatly on the Altones. 

Aug 10, 2015 at 8:50 PM Post #1,348 of 1,424
  Complys or Sony Hybrid tips work wonders on the Altones for comfort and sound.  I switched to the hybrids and haven't looked back!

If you liked the Altone200, then the Delta Trinity or VE Duke might strike your fancy...

+1, on both the tips and the alternative IEMs.

Aug 11, 2015 at 1:12 AM Post #1,350 of 1,424
Any other good A200 alternatives you can think of, haku?

For similar sound sig, not really. Am getting the A73 this week to try, but from what I've read it's a bit of a different beast.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back