T-PEOS Altone200 - 3 - Way - Hybrid Discussion Thread.
Jan 23, 2015 at 2:31 AM Post #1,141 of 1,424
I just got my altones and the first thing i noticed was the detail. That was incredibly impressive along with the imaging and clarity wihch were both amazing. My only previous experiences with audiophile level iems were the Etymotic hf5 which were incredibly detailed and flat and the bassy and big soundstage Ath-ckr9. I enjoyed both of them and I was looking to find something that combines the both of them. I was able to find that with these and I am super impressed.

Jan 23, 2015 at 2:53 AM Post #1,143 of 1,424
Welcome to the club!

beerchug.gif

dt880smile.png

Jan 23, 2015 at 8:40 AM Post #1,144 of 1,424
I wonder why ljokerl is thinking of grading them 9.0 or 9.1...The GR07 is graded 9.1, so you know what I'm talking about...These doesn't have more SQ than GR07? I never heard GR07 but come on, it can't be like this with just a single dynamic driver...What do you think? Well, his SQ grading also is a bit also on the preference side...But it's very accurate generally, I think.

Altone has a bump in the high mids/ low treble, so the female voices sound realy great, somehow euphoric...But the male voices sound quite in the far end of the V shaped, that's what I like less about it...

Well I recently rediscovered my Altone 
L3000.gif

Jan 23, 2015 at 11:01 AM Post #1,145 of 1,424
I wonder why ljokerl is thinking of grading them 9.0 or 9.1...The GR07 is graded 9.1, so you know what I'm talking about...These doesn't have more SQ than GR07? I never heard GR07 but come on, it can't be like this with just a single dynamic driver...What do you think? Well, his SQ grading also is a bit also on the preference side...But it's very accurate generally, I think.

Altone has a bump in the high mids/ low treble, so the female voices sound realy great, somehow euphoric...But the male voices sound quite in the far end of the V shaped, that's what I like less about it...

Well I recently rediscovered my Altone :L3000:  

Do give the GR07 a try if you have the chance. It's really an excellent well-tuned dynamic driver. Probably the best Vsonic line up even till date.

Jan 23, 2015 at 2:58 PM Post #1,148 of 1,424
Haven't heard GR07. From VSD5 thread, sounds like VSD5 is more like GR07 than VSD3. VSD5 is warmer and has more mid-bass emphasis than Altone200. Altone200 is clearer and more spacious to my ears, with more linear bass.

EDIT: But we're kind of comparing apples & oranges with single DD vs. triple hybrid.

Jan 23, 2015 at 6:23 PM Post #1,149 of 1,424
Haven't heard GR07. From VSD5 thread, sounds like VSD5 is more like GR07 than VSD3. VSD5 is warmer and has more mid-bass emphasis than Altone200. Altone200 is clearer and more spacious to my ears, with more linear bass.

EDIT: But we're kind of comparing apples & oranges with single DD vs. triple hybrid.

That what i was saying. I felt 9 or 9.1 for Altone while GR07 is a 9.1 is kind of short. The ljokerl review is still yet to come, I'm curious about that. What will he see as negative. Well, he did already some comparisons with DN-2000, A83 and some more...

Jan 24, 2015 at 12:48 AM Post #1,150 of 1,424
That what i was saying. I felt 9 or 9.1 for Altone while GR07 is a 9.1 is kind of short. The ljokerl review is still yet to come, I'm curious about that. What will he see as negative. Well, he did already some comparisons with DN-2000, A83 and some more...

Agreed that 9 - 9.1 is short for Altone. I don't find them overly bright - just clear and detailed with good soundstage. They're on my keeper list as I'm starting to look over my collection for items to sell.

Feb 1, 2015 at 7:25 AM Post #1,154 of 1,424
Lol I just reallized you were the first person I saw mention the Altone200 bests the dn1000.  This really made me stop in my tracks and think twice about getting the dn1000.  Honestly I love bass, and if the bass matches the dn1000, I will purchase these for sure even though I will be getting them for around the same price as the dn1000 at $200.  If the Altone200 bass is slightly less strong then the dn1000 I think I might still just go for these anyway as I do want the best overall sound quality. I understand its all preference and all but it would be nice to be convinced either way.  I enjoy an energetic and bright iem with bass impact and depth. 
Sorry to post again but I thought I might get other replies here as well as far as comparing DN-1000 vs Altone200 here.

1. I'm less worried about the fit of the Altone200 as they are smaller then the DN-1000 and I expect them to be more comfortable.
2. I'm worried the bass on the Altone200 might not match the DN-1000 as far as impact and energy as I listen to alot of electronic bass centric music
3. I currently own the Sennheiser in ear momentum and if the Altone200 can match or better its bass in terms of quantity then I'm sold.
4. I'm worried if i get recommended the dn-1000 that I'll be wondering why everyone loves the Altone200 so much more :frowning2:

Thanks!

Feb 1, 2015 at 11:15 AM Post #1,155 of 1,424
The Dunu 1K is bass-centric.  It seems to be tuned to accentuate bass so that everything seems heavy. To me it lacked detail in the mids and upper ranges and while the bass and timbre sounded great, I found it lacking.  I replaced it with the Altones, which have soooo much detail in the mids and uppers (some people think they are too bright, but it really depends on source and tips and what you want to hear) and have good bass when it is there.  The Altones don't add bass the way the Dunus do.

If you want constant thump, and the music you listen to is all about bass, buy the Dunus.  They should please you.  If you want to hear delicacy in the upper end with good bass when it is there, buy the Altones.  From what you describe, I think you may be happier with the Dunus, as they will shake your ears with low end and timbre in the mids.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back