T-PEOS Altone200 - 3 - Way - Hybrid Discussion Thread.
Sep 1, 2014 at 4:42 PM Post #796 of 1,424
Could work, have you tried it already?
The sennheiser double flanges seem to work, they are 5-6mm wide and the isolation is better than with the stock ear tips.
It makes the IEM sound a bit more v shaped, but that probably is the result of the shorter distance to eardrum.

Sep 1, 2014 at 10:10 PM Post #797 of 1,424
This is all you need to fit them 
-Silicone tip with hard core.
 Cut off the core, put it on the nozzle and place the EPH100 tip. (takes some force but fit is very secure)

All you need for a good mod

And this is how it looks..

They isolate just better and go deeper than what  they do with the Yamaha EPH100 phones. 
Also, as good isolation as the memory foam tips that I use.
Haven't yet  dedicated time to listen to differences regarding bass. etc..

Worth to try..

Sep 2, 2014 at 12:25 AM Post #798 of 1,424
T-Peos finally received my Altones (I guess the USPS turtle carrying them took a long time getting there), and they checked out fine.  Can't get better customer service than that!  

Sep 2, 2014 at 1:33 AM Post #799 of 1,424
  This is all you need to fit them 
-Silicone tip with hard core.
 Cut off the core, put it on the nozzle and place the EPH100 tip. (takes some force but fit is very secure)

All you need for a good mod

And this is how it looks..

They isolate just better and go deeper than what  they do with the Yamaha EPH100 phones. 
Also, as good isolation as the memory foam tips that I use.
Haven't yet  dedicated time to listen to differences regarding bass. etc..

Worth to try..

It looks amazing tbh.
Definitive worth a try, do you know a place to get replacement tips?

Sep 2, 2014 at 6:42 PM Post #800 of 1,424
T-Peos finally received my Altones (I guess the USPS turtle carrying them took a long time getting there), and they checked out fine.  Can't get better customer service than that!  
How long did it take? I've sent mine two weeks ago... I've sent it registered, but no news or updates for the last ten days.

Sep 2, 2014 at 7:19 PM Post #801 of 1,424
19-20 days from CA.  I paid for rapid return shipping, not waiting another 3 weeks.  
normal_smile .gif

Sep 3, 2014 at 11:00 PM Post #808 of 1,424
Since I'm almost done with my burn in of Altone 200 and getting ready to write/publish my review, I was going through a tip rolling to fine tune the sound.  The original sound signature of Altone 200 is very unique and has an amazing reference level of high frequency details with one of the best bass performances I heard to date.  BUT, for my personal taste I find lower treble to be a bit hot, especially since I like to crank up the volume.  Also, I can't fit any double/triple-flange eartips and typically only use large size shallow single flange tips.

After going through a number of different combinations, I think I finally nailed a solution.  Using a set of RE400 filters and one of the custom shaped eartips (those come as part of RE400/RE600 accessories or can be purchased separately from HiFiMAN) I was able to tame down those highs.  What is unique with those tips, they have a tiny tab next to the end of the stem where I have it turned to align with pinhole port at the base of the nozzle.  I guess the combination where that pinhole is partially covered, and extended sleeve of the eartips along with an extra stick-on filter - attenuates some extreme high frequencies and still retains all the details and clarity.  Bass is not affected either.

The stick on filter fits perfectly right on top of the nozzle, but for the full filtering effect you need to use those custom eartips.

Sep 5, 2014 at 2:10 PM Post #809 of 1,424
My full review of Altone 200 is up: http://www.head-fi.org/products/t-peos-altone200/reviews/11538

Users who are viewing this thread

Back