T-PEOS Altone200 - 3 - Way - Hybrid Discussion Thread.
Jul 29, 2014 at 11:39 PM Post #452 of 1,424
I would like to get these headphones but I'm a little worried about the size since most hybrids tend to be on the larger side. I would like to get a size reference. If someone can take a picture of the earphones next to a re-400, gr07, or ue600, it would be greatly appreciated.

Also how do I purchase the earphones since the pre-sale is over? My search skills probably suck so I wasn't to find anything.

Jul 30, 2014 at 12:25 AM Post #455 of 1,424
hte 300 are said to be a step up. but betwen the altone and h200, cat go wrong with the altones

I would like to get these headphones but I'm a little worried about the size since most hybrids tend to be on the larger side. I would like to get a size reference. If someone can take a picture of the earphones next to a re-400, gr07, or ue600, it would be greatly appreciated.

Also how do I purchase the earphones since the pre-sale is over? My search skills probably suck so I wasn't to find anything.

the size is small and comfortable. bigger than the re-400, but size wont be an issue with them

Jul 30, 2014 at 1:18 AM Post #456 of 1,424
WAAAAAY smaller than my TF10s, smaller than my Dunu1000s.  

MORE treble?  Really?  I find the treble right up against the edge of too much without going over.  These are bright and clear to me.  Maybe it's the tips?  I'm using the Comply 500s.  

Jul 30, 2014 at 2:01 AM Post #457 of 1,424
  Yikes! So after trying the new replacement tips, I managed to get a good seal on both ears. Turns out after all, the driver on the red marked side has markedly less bass than on the blue marked side. I chalked up the difference in bass to a lack of fit, but it became clear there was something wrong with the driver itself when I began to extensively test it with a proper seal. I confirmed this with my brother a couple of friends - they all noticed a distinct lack of bass presence (more toward the sub bass region). 

I will be contacting t-peos today, so hopefully this will be resolved soon. 

I had the exact same issue, t-peos swapped my unit it and the new one sounds significantly richer in the lower end as well as being marginally louder than the previous pair.

Jul 30, 2014 at 3:38 AM Post #458 of 1,424
H-300 owner here.
If the Altones are similar as described then the bass will have plenty of power, but also be very clean with minimal profile. If you like driving around in cars that go DOOF DOOF, you will be disappointed, but if you like drums that sound like DRUMS, T-Peos will give you that beautiful kick!

Also regarding the defective units, while I have been impressed with their customer service, I haven't been impressed with T-Peos' quality control.. So I suggest waiting a month or two before ordering if you don't want to deal with the hassle of early adoption.

Jul 30, 2014 at 4:49 AM Post #459 of 1,424
Here's part of a reply I acquired from a fellow head-fi'er(joker):

Mid-bass is comparable and deep bass is actually more powerful than GR07 BE.

That sounds more like what I was expecting looking at the graph but I can't read graphs with knowledgable eyes.

I'm contacting Sunggoo now.

Jul 30, 2014 at 6:02 AM Post #460 of 1,424
With no bass backing up the low end all they sound like is a some kind of 1/2 tin can mess and certainly not how intended.  The other pair sound fine exactly like my prototype. I'm 100% certain we have a problem, along with the other 2 members (not including Unity) who confirmed it. I"m going to contact Sunggoo and see what we do from here.

I wouldn't describe my pair like that and in-fact enjoyed them with some specific music I've posted here.

Lolz, O you, such a charmer this one.

Thanks for the update mate.

Jul 30, 2014 at 6:05 AM Post #461 of 1,424
I wouldn't describe my pair like that and in-fact enjoyed them with some specific music I've posted here.

Lolz, O you, such a charmer this one.

Thanks for the update mate.

1/2 tin can mess 
wink.gif

You should enjoy your replacement pair a lot more. There will be bass instead of mice tapping on your eardrums.

Jul 30, 2014 at 6:09 AM Post #462 of 1,424
No no but I didn't bold that part, you can't use it, Pff.

With my luck, it'll provably fall apart when I pick it up....

Jul 30, 2014 at 8:54 AM Post #463 of 1,424
Proud owner of a Havi B3 and a bass light Altone200:
"What are those drums everybody is talking about?"

I really don't know, but I think mine are broken since there is definitely only a small amount of bass, even BA IEMs have more bass. 
And I have to turn it pretty loud (louder than I normally hear music) to hear the bass adequately.

Just some examples: (Note: I'm not a bass head)

Bass heavy genre:
- Daft Punk: Random Access Memory - just meeeh, below average in quantity
- Boys Noize: Remixes 2004-2011 - ok, but not really much, comparable to daft punk RAM
- Daft Punk: Discovery - good, but lacks a bit in quantity
- Justice: Cross -  Nice overall, not lacking in bass.
- Lana Del Rey: Born to die - obvious there, since there is just a few instruments and the bass is overpowered, but on the Altone200 it isn't that prominent.
- SebastiAn: Total - even sub bass is noticeable, since it is overpowered as ****. Can't complain on this one, but it is obviously my CD with with the most bass, even BA IEMs sound like bassy IEMs on this album.

Not Bass heavy genres:
- The kooks: Inside In/Inside out - no bass at all, can't even notice the bass guitar or bass drums.
- London Grammar: If you wait -  no bass, a little bit on "Wasting My Young Years", like on my Havi B3 bass-wise
- Paolo Nutini: Caustic Love - no bass guitar or bass drum noticeable 
- RHCP: Californication -  no bass drum, really quiet bass guitar, can't even notice when it isn't silent.
- RHCP: Blood Sugar Sex Magik - when I turn it up even louder it sounds great, especially the song "blood sugar sex magik". But bass drum still not existent.
- Boy: Boy - no bass guitar or bass drum noticeable 
- The Black Keys: El Camino - bass drum noticeable, but with just two instruments it is pretty obvious, but OTG wouldn't notice on some tracks
- The Black Keys: Brother - bass drum noticeable, but with just two instruments it is pretty obvious, but OTG wouldn't notice on some tracks
(- Alt-J: An Awesome Wave - almost no bass drum, bass drum non-existent).

So what do you think, is mine broken? Think it could be. On really bass heavy genres it is quite nice, but it could be better in bass on other genres...
Will have to get them exchanged, since the left blue strain relief wobbles and you can hear how it connects and disconnects, every or every second step 

Jul 30, 2014 at 9:02 AM Post #464 of 1,424
  Proud owner of a Havi B3 and a bass light Altone200:
"What are those drums everybody is talking about?"

I really don't know, but I think mine are broken since there is definitely only a small amount of bass, even BA IEMs have more bass. 
And I have to turn it pretty loud (louder than I normally hear music) to hear the bass adequately.

Just some examples: (Note: I'm not a bass head)

Bass heavy genre:
- Daft Punk: Random Access Memory - just meeeh, below average in quantity
- Boys Noize: Remixes 2004-2011 - ok, but not really much, comparable to daft punk RAM
- Daft Punk: Discovery - good, but lacks a bit in quantity
- Justice: Cross -  Nice overall, not lacking in bass.
- Lana Del Rey: Born to die - obvious there, since there is just a few instruments and the bass is overpowered, but on the Altone200 it isn't that prominent.
- SebastiAn: Total - even sub bass is noticeable, since it is overpowered as ****. Can't complain on this one, but it is obviously my CD with with the most bass, even BA IEMs sound like bassy IEMs on this album.

Not Bass heavy genres:
- The kooks: Inside In/Inside out - no bass at all, can't even notice the bass guitar or bass drums.
- London Grammar: If you wait -  no bass, a little bit on "Wasting My Young Years", like on my Havi B3 bass-wise
- Paolo Nutini: Caustic Love - no bass guitar or bass drum noticeable 
- RHCP: Californication -  no bass drum, really quiet bass guitar, can't even notice when it isn't silent.
- RHCP: Blood Sugar Sex Magik - when I turn it up even louder it sounds great, especially the song "blood sugar sex magik". But bass drum still not existent.
- Boy: Boy - no bass guitar or bass drum noticeable 
- The Black Keys: El Camino - bass drum noticeable, but with just two instruments it is pretty obvious, but OTG wouldn't notice on some tracks
- The Black Keys: Brother - bass drum noticeable, but with just two instruments it is pretty obvious, but OTG wouldn't notice on some tracks
(- Alt-J: An Awesome Wave - almost no bass drum, bass drum non-existent).

So what do you think, is mine broken? Think it could be. On really bass heavy genres it is quite nice, but it could be better in bass on other genres...
Will have to get them exchanged, since the left blue strain relief wobbles and you can hear how it connects and disconnects, every or every second step 

That's enough for me to say go for a return.

Jul 30, 2014 at 9:07 AM Post #465 of 1,424

Sorry about pic quality:

Might as well add this one;

Purchasing instruction can be found in the link below but issues have been reported with some pairs so take this into consideration. The manufacturer seems willing to assist people with problems.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/724471/t-peos-announce-releasing-altone200-and-start-preorder-limitedly#post_10661615

Users who are viewing this thread

Back