T-PEOS Altone200 - 3 - Way - Hybrid Discussion Thread.
Jun 26, 2014 at 4:24 AM Post #18 of 1,424
How'd the cable noise?

There are some microphonics present and cable spring though nothing a quick clip shouldn't prevent.

Is this supposed to be like a stripped-down H200 using the same drivers or are they uniquely developed drivers for this IEM?

I'm assuming this has more of a connection to H200 than H300 based on the name.

More like a stripped down H-300. Completely forget about H-200, this thing leaves it in the dust.

Can you elaborate on how it's better than dn1000 in sound sig and sound stage?

How does it compare to the next level up like fx850, 1plus2, 846 or any others you've heard?

Thanks. Looks very interesting.

The Dunu DN-1000 sounds blurry in the mid-range compared like it seems confused with busy passages and begins to smear. (lack of coherency)_ with the correct source Altone200 is more accurate. Plus the Dunu simply cannot match this dynamic driver. Not this one nore H-300. The bass has such defined texture and clarity which was well logged with H-300.

I would say for $100, it won't beat a 1Plus2, though it certainly gives my RDB Mini from Rhapsodio a decent run even from a mere Clip Zip. If it means anything RDB Mini is my benchmark and alternative to 1Plus2 last year. (It's worth around $650) And I absolutely love that hybrid. IEM like Westone 4, Unqiue Melody 3X, SM3 V2, Sony H3. Alton200 will leave them behind quite confidently IMO.

Did they clean up that spike around 8-10khz?

I believe they have worked on the treble yes. :)

What we need to remember is the cheap price reflects the stripped down housing and accessories. Not the sound. I can understand people thinking for $105 it won't offer much, but T-Peos have left a high end sound into a cheaper casing. They've cut every corner they can to keep the price down.

For example, the packaging is so simple. There's no longer any foamed out box with magnet sleeves or inner cartons you pull out with an expensive over dressed product, they've lost the detachable cables and snazzy housings. You're paying purely for the sound this time round.

See? Just a simple box, no-where to store your stash nechrow. 
wink_face.gif

Jun 26, 2014 at 7:02 AM Post #24 of 1,424
have they included a clip lol?

Yes.

Will the owners of H300 be better off with this alton200?

I don't know. O_o That's quite a preference orientated question. I could say those who don't own H-300 or were thinking of buying H-300, these are..... cheaper? :wink:

Quote:
  I think I am sold too...

Like I say with everything, I'm not going to bust my chops and tell everyone to buy, I will answer questions best I can.

The truth of Alton200 lies in YOUR hands, the members. 

With that said I suggest anyone looking for answers read back through the thread, many have been answered.

I won't be around to answer all the time unfortunately. 

Jun 26, 2014 at 2:38 PM Post #29 of 1,424
Order sent as well! This will be my first pair of T-PEOS IEMs. I've been thinking about the DN-2000 but for this price it's an easy decision.  What are the boxed foam tips like H20?  

Jun 26, 2014 at 2:52 PM Post #30 of 1,424

Users who are viewing this thread

Back