T-PEOS Altone200 - 3 - Way - Hybrid Discussion Thread.
Jul 22, 2014 at 3:44 PM Post #274 of 1,424
What are they still doing in the box!? Put those gems in your ears man! :D

A glorious day.

Jul 22, 2014 at 4:02 PM Post #275 of 1,424
What are they still doing in the box!? Put those gems in your ears man!
biggrin.gif

A glorious day.

Better yet, put them in MY ears man!
wink.gif

Jul 22, 2014 at 5:59 PM Post #276 of 1,424
ClieOS review is up. http://www.head-fi.org/products/t-peos-altone200/reviews/11339

Jul 22, 2014 at 6:17 PM Post #277 of 1,424
  ClieOS review is up. http://www.head-fi.org/products/t-peos-altone200/reviews/11339

Thanks! Since I have (and love, with correct tips of course) the H-200, this was interesting to me:

Originally Posted by ClieOS

While Altone 200 does have a more versatile sound signature that should better suited for different listening style and genre of music, the difference however doesn’t make Altone 200 a vastly better or worst sounding IEM when compared to the older flagship H-200. As with most IEM of this high calibre, you are really just looking (or listening, to be more precise) for the minute difference in presentation and how it fits to your taste rather than flaws in pure technical sense. It is more of an evolution of tuning, as opposed to a revolution of sound quality.

His summary nails it:

Originally Posted by ClieOS

Sum-up
T-PEOS has made top quality IEM in the past, and continues so with the new Altone 200 – no surprise there. The true smasher here is however on the price. With a fraction of its competitors’ price, you are getting a tremendous amount of bang-for-the-bucks with an IEM that can compete in the top-tiers’ category. That’s, in every sense of the word, budget Hi-Fi at its best.

Jul 22, 2014 at 6:30 PM Post #278 of 1,424
Very short and precise review. Well put too. The price is almost close to my ckr9s. I would like to test it first before buying lol I hope a dear friend in my country would buy it so that I could try.

Jul 22, 2014 at 8:13 PM Post #280 of 1,424
Just got mine :smile:. DHL really made up time once they finally cleared customs and left Cleveland! Will listen soon and report back.

Glad I had some good news on the IEM front. My brand spankin' new pair of VSD3S has driver flex something fierce in the left ear :flushed:. Sending them back to LMUE when they've got more stock :pensive:.

Jul 22, 2014 at 8:18 PM Post #281 of 1,424
Its funny that I don't even want to use any of my other iems after listening to the altone200:confounded:... Its closest to perfection for me:heart_eyes:

Agree - I spent some time with the DN1000 yesterday, but I felt the whole time like something just wasn't quite right.

If T-Peos could put the same sound sig into a body shape like the Shure SE series, and add a replaceable cable, my IEM search would be over.  Perfection.

Jul 22, 2014 at 9:33 PM Post #282 of 1,424
Just got mine :smile:. DHL really made up time once they finally cleared customs and left Cleveland! Will listen soon and report back.

Glad I had some good news on the IEM front. My brand spankin' new pair of VSD3S has driver flex something fierce in the left ear :flushed:. Sending them back to LMUE when they've got more stock :pensive:.

why wait? Just pay $10 and get the R/B colors instead. :tongue_smile:....else the wait will be more(like lmue's regular stocking-when?,no clue)+door to door transit of RMA :rolleyes:...

Jul 22, 2014 at 9:46 PM Post #285 of 1,424
Very short and precise review. Well put too. The price is almost close to my ckr9s. I would like to test it first before buying lol I hope a dear friend in my country would buy it so that I could try.

I thought the ckr9's are almost twice as much?

Anyway, if the concensis is that the altone200's are anywhere close in sq to the ckr9's... well then!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back