T.H.E. Headphonium 2014 (May 30th, 2014 ~ June 1st, 2014) @ T.H.E. Show in Newport 2014
May 30, 2014 at 8:06 PM Post #139 of 214
I might be a little late to the breakfast tomorrow (real life getting in the way of the internet again). 

Am I correct to assume that pretty much everyone will have LCD-XCs there so I won't need to bring my own. I will have some other stuff with me that is a little more portable. 

May 30, 2014 at 8:14 PM Post #140 of 214
Hey guys! 

Great to see so many of our friends from the March Head-Fi Meet here in Newport Beach. Great seeing all of the Audio 360 peeps and many attendees from the March meet! Please stop by the PENDULUMIC booth ,say hi to us and try on the STANCE S1 headphones! We're located at the Atrium patio! We look forward to seeing you! 

May 30, 2014 at 8:43 PM Post #141 of 214
I might be a little late to the breakfast tomorrow (real life getting in the way of the internet again). 

Am I correct to assume that pretty much everyone will have LCD-XCs there so I won't need to bring my own. I will have some other stuff with me that is a little more portable. 

I saw at least 3 LCD-XC's there, probably more IIRC.

May 31, 2014 at 12:14 AM Post #142 of 214
Sorry guys had to cancel my flight to the show at the last minute so no breakfast for me. Everyone try to get a chance to hear Jack Woo's flagship amp on the Hilton 9th floor. Do not forget to stop at MA Recordings. Todd has some great recorded music that will give your headphones a real workout.

Mike please try to visit the Synergistic Research room on the main floor in the Hilton. I put a pair of their ECT devices on my Double Helix cables where they attach to the headphones. The sound was transformed. See if Peter Hansen (VP) will lend you a box  of 5 ECT's for you to review. There is more to listening than the Headphone Of The Week aproach.

Everyone have fun.

David Pritchard

May 31, 2014 at 10:40 AM Post #144 of 214
I am almost there man this bus ride was long even got a 20 min walk in waiting for one of the busses oh well. I can't wait to see everyone.

May 31, 2014 at 10:46 AM Post #145 of 214
There must be 10,000 people here. All parking lots are full. Found a spot at a warehouse a couple blocks away!
  So the weekend is going to be a madhouse, Possibly selling out? Any word on discounts at JHAudio and A&K?
  They better not sell out, I just reserved a car at the Ontario Airport for Sunday...
  Yikes! Glad you posted that. I was going to pop by this aft, figuring it would be relatively quiet today...no time tomorrow so I guess it's get there at the opening bell on Sunday or stay home..
Originally Posted by Peeble /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Wow, guess I'll get there a bit earlier tomorrow.

Holy schiit, it's been so much fun so far! 
o2smile.gif
  Parking is kind of hard to find if you come later in the day, but then again it's like that every year.  Once you get inside, it's much better... much more manageable.

Okay cool, as long as you don't miss it! 
smile.gif

Originally Posted by gnarlsagan /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I saw at least 3 LCD-XC's there, probably more IIRC.

Hehe, we've got two in our room alone. 
tongue.gif
  We're also running speakers in our room, and not lame Bluetooth speakers either. 
smile.gif

Hey guys! 

Great to see so many of our friends from the March Head-Fi Meet here in Newport Beach. Great seeing all of the Audio 360 peeps and many attendees from the March meet! Please stop by the PENDULUMIC booth ,say hi to us and try on the STANCE S1 headphones! We're located at the Atrium patio! We look forward to seeing you! 

Hey Mike, good to see you guys again!  Having fun so far?

Sorry guys had to cancel my flight to the show at the last minute so no breakfast for me. Everyone try to get a chance to hear Jack Woo's flagship amp on the Hilton 9th floor. Do not forget to stop at MA Recordings. Todd has some great recorded music that will give your headphones a real workout.

Mike please try to visit the Synergistic Research room on the main floor in the Hilton. I put a pair of their ECT devices on my Double Helix cables where they attach to the headphones. The sound was transformed. See if Peter Hansen (VP) will lend you a box  of 5 ECT's for you to review. There is more to listening than the Headphone Of The Week aproach.

Everyone have fun.

Man...
frown.gif
  I was looking forward to seeing you.  We've been having dinner Todd and the guys from Woo past two nights.  Lemme tell you guys, T.H.E. Headphonium is pretty awesome, but if any of y'all can stick around after, a lot of the fun happens at night after the show. 
biggrin.gif

I'll be there tomorrow so can't wait for this. 3 hour bus ride to be over.

Call me when you get here so we can hook up.

Day Two coming up, see you guys at breakfast! 
smile.gif

May 31, 2014 at 12:52 PM Post #146 of 214
On behalf of everyone at this morning's Head-Fiers' breakfast...

Thanks to Andy Regan and JH Audio for treating us to the breakfast buffet this morning!

That was super cool of you guys! 
beerchug.gif

May 31, 2014 at 6:13 PM Post #148 of 214
Hey Guys,
Sorry I missed you at the show. I especially enjoyed JHAudio, A&K and Audeze. The XC sounded amazing with the Meridian front end. I tried to get into some of the home entertainment demos, but it just seems like you have to spend an insane amount of money to get the quality of sound that we get out of headphones at a fraction of the price. The Wilson Audio demo was amazing, but there were tons of people talking just outside the room and it was difficult to focus on the sound. Focal's big speakers are also quite good. 
Thanks for the heads up. 

Jun 1, 2014 at 12:45 AM Post #150 of 214
What a day, great breakfast with around 25-30 of us. That lead to me spending most of my day with warren mercer and Ethan. Spent another good portion at the Noble table and I will be buying from them soon. Listened to the amazing new LCD-2 with fazor and it sounds a little too good. Ended the night with a nice little dinner with around 20 headfiers/manufactures. And I forgot my zu audio shirt in mercers room.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back