T.H.E. Headphonium 2014 (May 30th, 2014 ~ June 1st, 2014) @ T.H.E. Show in Newport 2014
May 13, 2014 at 5:20 AM Post #31 of 214
  Hey y'all, first thing's first... check out the update to post #2.  As per tradition, we're gonna have a Head-Fiers' brunch on Saturday.  Please RSVP here in the thread so that we can make sure to save you a spot.  Even if you're not sure, RSVP anyway.  It's better to overbook than leave anyone out! 
smile.gif

Yup, if people join the society (membership is $40) they get free VIP admission for all three days.  Since regular 3-day admission is $40 anyway, this basically means that they get a free membership out of that deal.

Yup!  There's live music there during the day, and those cabana/tent things are an excellent place to chill out. 
smile.gif

Exactly!  Hey, I like a the mayhem.  Had we more time, I'd be up for doing a flash mob and blow the roof off the joint. 
biggrin.gif

Yup, I'm pretty sure we'll have similar discounts.  Although, there may be a few surprises here and there. 
wink.gif
  I'm working on collecting all the info now.

Three days!  No excuses, lol! 
biggrin.gif

Well, HiFiMAN is exhibiting... and Fang is gonna be there... so if the HE-560 is not there, he's gonna have some 'splainin' to do.

Yeah, like we're gonna bring him all the way down and put him to work?  Nah man, this is fun time.  No offense to your rig bro, but there's gonna be stuff there that will blow him away.

How much room you got in the car? 
tongue.gif

"Yeah, like we're gonna bring him all the way down and put him to work?  Nah man, this is fun time.  No offense to your rig bro, but there's gonna be stuff there that will blow him away"
and mine don't??  Most of my rigs will be there 
size]
 :wink:  besides - I seem to remember a certain someone (hmmmm) DROOLING after hearing the HP4!!
But, SO psyched Frank will be manning te Cavalli booth! since thats the rig blowin me AWAY these days!!!!

and, IF Kevin comes, which I hope he will! we certainly won't have to worry about any arguments gettin outta hand!!
LOL LOL LOL - that would make for some fantastic entertainment! Kevin holding people like ragdolls.
Nah, I'm a peaceful man now - its late and I'm having funny ass visions of his throttling an objectivist that insists he didn't 
hear what he just heard!! 
eek.gif

May 13, 2014 at 7:42 AM Post #32 of 214
  MAN this portrait of Richard (Beers) cracked me up last year!!  He told the artist (who did it as a favor/thank you) apparently NOT to display it somewhere where it would get alot of attention... SO - she put it right at the front door to the Hilton!! 
biggrin.gif

LOLOLOL! 
biggrin.gif
  Pretty sure I saw that... but at the time I didn't know who it was! 

Yeah, like we're gonna bring him all the way down and put him to work?  Nah man, this is fun time.  No offense to your rig bro, but there's gonna be stuff there that will blow him away

and mine don't??  Most of my rigs will be there 
size]
 :wink:  besides - I seem to remember a certain someone (hmmmm) DROOLING after hearing the HP4!!

Ironically, the HP4 is piece of gear that won't be there... unless WyWires gets it as a loaner from EAR.

May 13, 2014 at 10:30 PM Post #34 of 214
Hmm, interesting... how about a BIA prototype? 
smile.gif

May 14, 2014 at 4:01 AM Post #36 of 214

Hmm, interesting... how about a BIA prototype? 
smile.gif

No such thing, yet. I'm wearing George down and I think by CES there may be one. If it's anywhere as good as the BIA 120, it'll be the new sheriff in town.

Man... I tried talking to him about it around NAMM earlier in the year... but he's only tinkered so far.  I think he should tinker faster. 
wink.gif

May 14, 2014 at 10:46 PM Post #38 of 214
Add me to the brunch table! Lots of rooms to cover, and now, "T.H.E Headphonium"!?? Guess I better get my Elvis track suit and vintage Chucks ready for all the sprinting. Looking forward to putting handles to names to faces, and to hearing some great gear. If you've never been to an audio show, this is a great one to visit. Maybe not quite as much breaking-news premium gear as CES, but more than enough high end rooms to keep you busy for several days. Should be good weather, as always, and the exhibitors are typically informative and welcoming. Should be a blast!

May 16, 2014 at 5:11 AM Post #40 of 214
Hmmmm.... work schedule is changing again. I'm not sure I'll be there at all.
frown.gif

While it is tempting to whine about managers who don't know how to plan or schedule things, I shall refrain. It's nice to be employed these days.

May 16, 2014 at 5:48 AM Post #41 of 214
  Add me to the brunch table! Lots of rooms to cover, and now, "T.H.E Headphonium"!?? Guess I better get my Elvis track suit and vintage Chucks ready for all the sprinting. Looking forward to putting handles to names to faces, and to hearing some great gear. If you've never been to an audio show, this is a great one to visit. Maybe not quite as much breaking-news premium gear as CES, but more than enough high end rooms to keep you busy for several days. Should be good weather, as always, and the exhibitors are typically informative and welcoming. Should be a blast!

beerchug.gif

Exactly Dean!

T.H.E. Show in Newport is a little hard to explain to people that have never been there.  It's an audio show, a headphone show, live music, gourmet food trucks, exotic cars w/equally exotic car audio, cigars, wine, food, and more... all in a boutique hotel atmosphere... at almost the perfect time of year in SoCal when it's sunny and clear but not blazing hot (like today, ugh).  Unlike ANY OTHER audio show, it's got COOL FACTOR. 

Now imagine that with Head-Fiers at T.H.E. Headphonium... as friendly and fun a group as you can imagine... and now you've got one heck of a good time.

It's almost indescribable as to how fun, relaxing and chilled-out it is... but Tyll does a pretty good job here:  http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/show-newport-2013-introduction

This'll be my first headphone event, excited to attend!

Peeble, with the exception of CanJam @ RMAF and the SoCal meet that just passed, you could not have picked a better event!  We're glad to have ya!  BTW, are you up for joining us for breakfast on Saturday?  Check out post #2 for details, and then RSVP here in the thread so we can make reservations for you. 
smile.gif

frown.gif

While it is tempting to whine about managers who don't know how to plan or schedule things, I shall refrain. It's nice to be employed these days.

Lol, you keep this up, and we're gonna start pouring beer on the ground whenever your name is mentioned homie. 
wink.gif

BTW, we'll be posting information on the raffle and show specials next Monday.  Trust me when I tell you, you are not going to want to miss this.  The raffle will include hot new gear that hasn't even been released yet! 
eek.gif

May 16, 2014 at 5:58 AM Post #42 of 214
Originally Posted by warrenpchi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Quote:
frown.gif

Lol, you keep this up, and we're gonna start pouring beer on the ground whenever your name is mentioned homie. 
wink.gif

I'm sorry, bro. Really. I wish I had more control over my work schedule, but I don't. I'm not at liberty to explain the situation in detail, but if I could, it would make more sense.

My entire team has been going through this nutty schedule since before Thanksgiving last year. That's not a typo.

I'm actually trying to get on a different project, but I'm not sure it will be much better. This is how the software industry operates. Some managers know how to plan, and some do not. When they don't know how to plan, employees suffer.

Just today I had to tell my kids I won't be home this weekend because I have to work. That was basically one day notice. Even more fun, I'm down in San Diego where all the fires are going on. My work location was closed Thursday because of the fires. On the bright side, every day brings a new and different surprise.

May 16, 2014 at 6:04 AM Post #43 of 214
Just added!  Tyll is going to be joining the planar panel on Saturday! 
smile.gif
  I've been sworn to secrecy, but I would not be surprised if something new were to be announced at that panel.  Just sayin'... y'all might want to be there for this. 
wink.gif

May 16, 2014 at 6:06 AM Post #44 of 214
  I'm sorry, bro. Really. I wish I had more control over my work schedule, but I don't. I'm not at liberty to explain the situation in detail, but if I could, it would make more sense.

Lol, I know, just giving you a hard time because, you know, running joke and all. 
smile.gif
  Maybe we should organize a mini-meet near you, and then hide your car keys when you get there! 
biggrin.gif

May 16, 2014 at 6:19 AM Post #45 of 214

Lol, I know, just giving you a hard time because, you know, running joke and all. 
smile.gif
  Maybe we should organize a mini-meet near you, and then hide your car keys when you get there! 
biggrin.gif

Brilliant! Just leave my cell phone, so I can call in sick to work!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back