T+A Solitaire P planar magnetostatic
Jan 8, 2024 at 4:39 PM Post #3,122 of 3,199
I sold my P and have a WyWires Platinum headphone cable that Alex made to work in the P. It has the proper length of heatshrink to insert and seat properly listed in the classifieds.

Thanks
Why did you sell them?
Anything you replaced them with?

Jan 12, 2024 at 1:31 PM Post #3,124 of 3,199
Hey guys, does anyone tried pair solP and Feliks euphoria evo, Auris ha2 se+, cayin ha3? These amps are not best among tube amps but I'm looking for second tube amp in system with warm, harmonic rich sound with dark treble.. My main amp is headtrip 3.

Jan 13, 2024 at 8:11 AM Post #3,125 of 3,199
Hey guys, does anyone tried pair solP and Feliks euphoria evo, Auris ha2 se+, cayin ha3? These amps are not best among tube amps but I'm looking for second tube amp in system with warm, harmonic rich sound with dark treble.. My main amp is headtrip 3.
There are legends about how the Cayin HA-300MK2 tames high frequencies. Resolution and speed are also at the proper level.
I'm sure he'll handle Sol-P well too.
1705151103181.png

Jan 18, 2024 at 12:45 AM Post #3,127 of 3,199
The Sol P's have been dominating the ear time lately. I still hit the Susvara a bit for that extra realism (alot more realistic than the P's or TC's). But since getting the P's over 6 months ago I am really struggling to like my TC's anymore. They do enough of the energy and bass of the TC's but without the annoying fit idiosyncrasy's, and a better tonality imo. TC's just sound a bit too brash and obnoxious compared to the Sus and P's for me lately (weird cus I have owned a set of 1266's for the last 5 years or so). I just love the energy of the P's, I think they are a great compliment to the Susvara. Such a slept on set of cans.

Jan 19, 2024 at 2:24 AM Post #3,128 of 3,199
The Sol P's have been dominating the ear time lately. I still hit the Susvara a bit for that extra realism (alot more realistic than the P's or TC's). But since getting the P's over 6 months ago I am really struggling to like my TC's anymore. They do enough of the energy and bass of the TC's but without the annoying fit idiosyncrasy's, and a better tonality imo. TC's just sound a bit too brash and obnoxious compared to the Sus and P's for me lately (weird cus I have owned a set of 1266's for the last 5 years or so). I just love the energy of the P's, I think they are a great compliment to the Susvara. Such a slept on set of cans.
(TC+Sus)/2=P. This is also my feeling

Jan 19, 2024 at 3:08 AM Post #3,129 of 3,199
(TC+Sus)/2=P. This is also my feeling
I have joind the club with Sol P-SE and I must agree. Before checking out both Sol P and P-SE my next set of cans for Envy should be Susvara. After T+A demo I have bought Sol the next day. As for TC I honestly do not get those cans. Getting them right on my head is next to impossible. Soundwise with Envy they are nothing special unless somebody is going after a lof of bass including artificial one. Solitaires instead gives true transparency and are brilliant for any type of music while excels in jazz, classical, live. The only drawback is that there is no traveling case in original package and so when I am traveling they need to stay at home so I do miss them :wink:

Jan 19, 2024 at 10:16 AM Post #3,130 of 3,199
I have joind the club with Sol P-SE and I must agree. Before checking out both Sol P and P-SE my next set of cans for Envy should be Susvara. After T+A demo I have bought Sol the next day. As for TC I honestly do not get those cans. Getting them right on my head is next to impossible. Soundwise with Envy they are nothing special unless somebody is going after a lof of bass including artificial one. Solitaires instead gives true transparency and are brilliant for any type of music while excels in jazz, classical, live. The only drawback is that there is no traveling case in original package and so when I am traveling they need to stay at home so I do miss them :wink:
i noticed you described sol p as transparent. is it with the stock pads and cables? Cuz I also heard ppl consider it a bit veiled on the frequencies with stock setups.

Jan 19, 2024 at 12:19 PM Post #3,131 of 3,199
i noticed you described sol p as transparent. is it with the stock pads and cables? Cuz I also heard ppl consider it a bit veiled on the frequencies with stock setups.
I don’t find the Sol P veiled but it is relatively dark in FR and laid back in its detail presentation. The high detail is there but it is not “in your face”.

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2024 at 2:25 PM Post #3,133 of 3,199
it is what it is...euforia evo is magnificent pair to solP

Attachments

• tempImagejeQujk.png
    tempImagejeQujk.png
    9.9 MB · Views: 0
Jan 19, 2024 at 3:00 PM Post #3,134 of 3,199
I don’t find the Sol P veiled but it is relatively dark in FR and laid back in its detail presentation. The high detail is there but it is not “in your face”.
I actually got it for those tracks with too much energy on top and I think I made the right choice... 3 months in... plus good response to Loki max eq if needed...
Outstanding for reappearing, "updated" atmospheric 90's D&B a la "Spatial"
and if SolP's bass is one's baseline for bass... what else?

Jan 22, 2024 at 6:25 PM Post #3,135 of 3,199
Agree with this statement. The detail is there just not rammed down your ear canal. That is why my relationship with the TC is a bit rocky at the moment as it is just so much more 'in your face' than the Sol P and Sus.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back