T+A Solitaire P planar magnetostatic
Sep 4, 2023 at 1:43 PM Post #3,047 of 3,199
anyone heard both the solitaire p se and raal ca-1a/dca stealth? looking to pick between one of these but i keep going back and forth. Would appreciate any help
I have owned all 3..currently only own the CA-1a..I guess that gives you my answer

Sep 9, 2023 at 2:47 AM Post #3,048 of 3,199
just tried Solitaire-P out of the Naim Atom HE and it is quite a bad pairing.. I would not recommend at all. it gets it loud enough but unfortunately it sounds compressed and closed in, lacking in dynamics, and bass is quite terrible. the P sounds much better out of the wa33 or pre/power combo. that'll be this last time I'm hooking it up to the Naim box.

Sep 9, 2023 at 8:50 AM Post #3,049 of 3,199
anyone compare these to Yamaha YH-5000SE?

Sep 11, 2023 at 6:31 PM Post #3,050 of 3,199
I have a pair of unused ultra wide pads listed in classifieds if anyone is interested.

Sep 19, 2023 at 11:50 PM Post #3,051 of 3,199
The Solitaire P are still holding up well vs the Susvara and TC in my stable. Eartime is probably: 45% Sol P, 30% Susvara, 25% TC. They are not necessarily better than the Sus or TC but as an overall package/experience they are probably easier to live with than the other 2 IMO.

Sep 20, 2023 at 1:58 PM Post #3,052 of 3,199
The Solitaire P are still holding up well vs the Susvara and TC in my stable. Eartime is probably: 45% Sol P, 30% Susvara, 25% TC. They are not necessarily better than the Sus or TC but as an overall package/experience they are probably easier to live with than the other 2 IMO.
Yes, I found myself listening to the Solitaire P's a little more than the Susvara's and TC's when I had all three. To me they were the better all around headphone.

Sep 20, 2023 at 3:38 PM Post #3,053 of 3,199
Yes, I found myself listening to the Solitaire P's a little more than the Susvara's and TC's when I had all three. To me they were the better all around headphone.
Hello buddy! What the lcd24 like? Does it have the same bass as lcd4?

Sep 20, 2023 at 3:39 PM Post #3,054 of 3,199
The Sol P has definitely grown on me a lot since acquisition and ultimately supplanted the Sus and TC. It pairs particularly well with the 16 ohm tap of Bigger Ben.

Sep 20, 2023 at 6:53 PM Post #3,055 of 3,199
Hello buddy! What the lcd24 like? Does it have the same bass as lcd4?
Hey there my friend! The LCD-24’s have faster and more bass layers than the LCD-4’s. The bass is not as textured or impactful as the LCD-4’s or Solitaire P’s without EQ for that matter. The LCD-24’s are technical like the LCD-5’s with better bass and more musicality. They are actually what I wanted the LCD-5’s to sound like.

The LCD-24’s are my favorite Audeze headphones that I’ve owned and I’ve owned them all. With that said, they do need EQ to suit my personal tastes. I also EQ’d the upper registries of Solitaire P’s to match that of the ultra wide pads because I like the bass of the stock pads better.

Sep 21, 2023 at 9:50 AM Post #3,056 of 3,199
Hey there my friend! The LCD-24’s have faster and more bass layers than the LCD-4’s. The bass is not as textured or impactful as the LCD-4’s or Solitaire P’s without EQ for that matter. The LCD-24’s are technical like the LCD-5’s with better bass and more musicality. They are actually what I wanted the LCD-5’s to sound like.

The LCD-24’s are my favorite Audeze headphones that I’ve owned and I’ve owned them all. With that said, they do need EQ to suit my personal tastes. I also EQ’d the upper registries of Solitaire P’s to match that of the ultra wide pads because I like the bass of the stock pads better.

I'd be really interested to try that EQ! could you share your settings?

Sep 21, 2023 at 11:46 AM Post #3,057 of 3,199
I'd be really interested to try that EQ! could you share your settings?
Unfortunately, my laptop got fried and I lost the PEQ spreadsheet I created for all the headphones I own or have owned a couple of weeks ago. During a lightning storm there were a few power surges that took out my laptop. I was sick to my stomach when it didn’t power back up.

Sep 21, 2023 at 12:39 PM Post #3,058 of 3,199
Unfortunately, my laptop got fried and I lost the PEQ spreadsheet I created for all the headphones I own or have owned a couple of weeks ago. During a lightning storm there were a few power surges that took out my laptop. I was sick to my stomach when it didn’t power back up.
That’s terrible. Sorry to hear.

Sep 21, 2023 at 5:45 PM Post #3,059 of 3,199
You may try to rescue the harddisc/SSD from it.

Sep 25, 2023 at 3:21 PM Post #3,060 of 3,199
Placed an order for a custom cable for my T+A Solitaire P from Hart Audio two weeks ago.
Parcel arrived today.

Great quality and the extended connectors are a perfect fit for the Solitaire P 😃👏🏻

Hart Audio for Solitaire P - 2.jpegHart Audio for Solitaire P - 3.jpegHart Audio for Solitaire P - 4.jpegHart Audio for Solitaire P - 5.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back