T+A Solitaire P planar magnetostatic
Aug 10, 2021 at 4:32 AM Post #1,186 of 3,218
The p-se was there but I only tried the P.

What did u pay for your P? Full retail price?
Hard to tell, it was a weird purchase in which I traded my cayin Ha-6a in and bought the headphones + my T+A Speakeramp.

I got more for my Cayin than I paid for, since I originally bought it from a frech Dealer (their msrp is significantly lower than in germany)
Additionally I got the Superwide Pads a goodie and then some Discount in the whole purchase.
It's hard to tell what the final price of the headphones was.
Obviously never pay full retail, there are always slight discounts to be had in hifi.

Aug 10, 2021 at 4:35 AM Post #1,187 of 3,218
Damn, now you make me question my decision to get the TC as opposed to P 😓
Did you compare both and then decide on the TC?
Or a gut Feeling before purchase that leans towards TC?

If the latter you should try the P. You can probably even run it from your Marley labs directly

Aug 10, 2021 at 4:43 AM Post #1,188 of 3,218
Did you compare both and then decide on the TC?
Or a gut Feeling before purchase that leans towards TC?

If the latter you should try the P. You can probably even run it from your Marley labs directly
No, I never have the chance to do an audition in where I live, so I have to blind buy my equipments. Well the TC is loved by many here so it’ll be easier to sell if one day I decide to do so. I think no one owns the P yet in my country and T+A is not a well known headfi brand here, so it could be more difficult to offload it someday.

Aug 10, 2021 at 5:21 AM Post #1,189 of 3,218
No, I never have the chance to do an audition in where I live, so I have to blind buy my equipments. Well the TC is loved by many here so it’ll be easier to sell if one day I decide to do so. I think no one owns the P yet in my country and T+A is not a well known headfi brand here, so it could be more difficult to offload it someday.
Reasonabke, however the P gets some traction lately here on head-fi with increasing interest.
Many are in a similar Situation as you and would probably like to get their hands on a used P

Aug 10, 2021 at 6:36 AM Post #1,190 of 3,218
Reasonabke, however the P gets some traction lately here on head-fi with increasing interest.
Many are in a similar Situation as you and would probably like to get their hands on a used P
Yes, a used P can be a good alternative and I’ve always been curious on how it sounds.

Aug 10, 2021 at 7:02 AM Post #1,191 of 3,218
Aug 10, 2021 at 7:06 AM Post #1,192 of 3,218
Don't be sad, you will end up having both :xf_cool:
Hahaha….don’t know about that, there’s the Audeze CRBN and Raal’s new headphone looming in the corner. But I have to admit, the P looks sexy indeed 😁

Aug 10, 2021 at 7:11 AM Post #1,193 of 3,218
@ThanatosVI with the Solitaire P, how does the Empyrean still remain in your lineup? From what I heard today, and from my memory of the Empy, the P is leaps and bounds ahead.

Aug 10, 2021 at 7:23 AM Post #1,194 of 3,218
@ThanatosVI with the Solitaire P, how does the Empyrean still remain in your lineup? From what I heard today, and from my memory of the Empy, the P is leaps and bounds ahead.
The Empyrean has a thicker and warmer sound than the Solitaire P with more Bass quantity.
A more fun tuning, much to my liking.
Also still the most comfortable headphone on earth.

The Solitaire P is way ahead in precision, detail retrieval and even Subbass performance.

To me, those are complementary headphones for different Moods. Satisfying different cravings alltogether.

The Empyrean still has the most relaxing 'sink into the music' tonality.
While the Solitaire P just effortlessly presents all the detail while still producing an authorative Bass Fundament.

After the Solitaire honey moon it turned out that I use both about equally much.

Right now I think am estat could fit in for yet another signature... but gotta wait for the new Meze release first

Aug 10, 2021 at 7:41 PM Post #1,195 of 3,218
guys, I am seriously thinking about selling the Abyss for the Solitaire P...
Am I wrong to go down this path? Do I need to be talked out of this?
the solitaire is a truly special HP but is very different than the abyss....it is the only HP I have heard that approaches the bass of the abyss...there is something special about the layering of the presentation...it is simply different than my susvara and abyss...what makes it so special to me is being able to use it straight out of my dave which I have mentioned...the combo is special...I havent been able to hear the matching amp/dac but I am sure it is outstanding...we definitely have a new contender for the best HP

Aug 10, 2021 at 7:44 PM Post #1,196 of 3,218
I never liked the empyrean, to me it was muffled...good looking and comfortable though..the P is in another league....kind of an lcd-4 with far better detail and better soundstage...maybe what an lcd-5 would be like?

Aug 10, 2021 at 7:52 PM Post #1,198 of 3,218
Does anyone know if the Solitaire P is likely to be available for audition at the upcoming CanJam LA? Based on what I'm reading here, I'd like to hear it!

Aug 10, 2021 at 7:58 PM Post #1,199 of 3,218
it is the only HP I have heard that approaches the bass of the abyss

This was the first thing that struck me. The bass is really very good. I'd say it has tight and punchy low end, without too much boominess or excessive sub bass rumble, which I occasionally get with the abyss; and then I start thinking is it the positioning of the abyss on my head or is it the pads position that needs some adjustment. Whereas with the P, it's just wear it and music go!

It also has the detail and clarity up top.
And I like how there doesn't seem to be a compromise on the mids. It is really a very enjoyable presentation.. Plus the comfort and build quality just add to the whole package.

Aug 10, 2021 at 8:02 PM Post #1,200 of 3,218
I never liked the empyrean, to me it was muffled...good looking and comfortable though..the P is in another league....kind of an lcd-4 with far better detail and better soundstage...maybe what an lcd-5 would be like?

I owned and really liked the Empy for over a year until I heard the Susvara. I knew for some time that I was missing parts of tracks I knew well on my 2 chan speaker setup and the susvara allowed me to hear what I had been missing with the Empy and to a lesser degree my VO, now both sold.
Funny that you called the Empy muffled. That is what my non audio GF said when she heard the Empy after the susvara.

P and susvara are the 2 hp for me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back