T+A Solitaire P planar magnetostatic
Oct 26, 2021 at 10:22 PM Post #1,471 of 3,204
The thing is...they are still selling like hotcakes. It's just us peasant headphone people that are not buying it. I would assume the big speaker players doesn't really care that the little headphones bundled with their big T+A speakers is costing a tiny bit more...

Still I would hope the headphones and HA200 are not touched in the price hike, but again, we don't know anything for sure yet.
Hardest pair of headphones I’ve ever ordered (and most expensive). T+A makes it too difficult to get them sent to the US. First, it literally takes months for them to ship, and then the price of $6,400 is another hurdle.

I had the Ps. I agree that they have the detail and clarity of the Susvaras, but (for me) the sub bass drop off with hip-hop and electronica was too noticeable, so I got rid of them.

Compared to other headphones, they shouldn’t cost as much as they do in the US. They are Utopia, LCD-4 level headphones, and I think should cost around the same. Something like $4K to $4.5K (I haven’t heard the LCD-5 though).

Had there not been the sub-bass issue, I’d say that maybe $5K would be acceptable. But…alas, there’s the issue.

Full disclosure, others do not appear to be as disappointed with the sub-bass as me. There are competing FR response graphs too, with one not showing a sub-bass dip and the other showing it. So, perhaps there’s some wide variability with the Ps. Something that shouldn’t occur with $6400 headphones. It is T+A’s first pair of headphones, so I guess I could give them a little slack 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2021 at 10:40 PM Post #1,472 of 3,204
The thing is...they are still selling like hotcakes. It's just us peasant headphone people that are not buying it. I would assume the big speaker players doesn't really care that the little headphones bundled with their big T+A speakers is costing a tiny bit more...

Still I would hope the headphones and HA200 are not touched in the price hike, but again, we don't know anything for sure yet.
Evidence of hotcakes being sold?

Oct 26, 2021 at 10:50 PM Post #1,473 of 3,204
Hardest pair of headphones I’ve ever ordered (and most expensive). T+A makes it too difficult to get them sent to the US. First, it literally takes months for them to ship, and then the price of $6,400 is another hurdle.

I had the Ps. I agree that they have the detail and clarity of the Susvaras, but (for me) the sub bass drop off with hip-hop and electronica was too noticeable, so I got rid of them.

Compared to other headphones, they shouldn’t cost as much as they do in the US. They are Utopia, LCD-4 level headphones, and I think should cost around the same. Something like $4K to $4.5K (I haven’t heard the LCD-5 though).

Had there not been the sub-bass issue, I’d say that maybe $5K would be acceptable. But…alas, there’s the issue.

Full disclosure, others do not appear to be as disappointed with the sub-bass as me. There are competing FR response graphs too, with one not showing a sub-bass dip and the other showing it. So, perhaps there’s some wide variability with the Ps. Something that shouldn’t occur with $6400 headphones. It is T+A’s first pair of headphones, so I guess I could give them a little slack 🤷‍♂️
I think you have it right in terms detail and clarity and think your choice of music colors your opinion of the bass...that is NOT a criticism just to point out those like myself who never listen to such intensely heavy bass music would and do not hear the same issues..personally having owned 2 pairs of LCD-4 and the Utopia I think the P is head and shoulders better than either other than perhaps the LCD-4 bass which I guess is the bottom line for you...I actually look forward to hearing the LCD-5 because it appears tthey are more open and detailed than the 4

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2021 at 11:17 PM Post #1,474 of 3,204
Evidence of hotcakes being sold?
Dunno if this is a joke about hotcakes, but regarding the Ps, especially HA200 selling well -
my dealer literally has a long waiting list for them as they are having trouble getting T+A to ship it to them. Similarly, T+A customer service mentioned about them having short supply and high demand when I first reached out. Though of course you have to take the words of the manufacturer with a grain of salt.

Oct 26, 2021 at 11:27 PM Post #1,475 of 3,204
I bought mine when after a 6 month wait for people who had placed an order, my dealer called me and told me a couple of people dropped their order and would I want one....I hadnt ordered one but decided to take a chance

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2021 at 12:35 AM Post #1,477 of 3,204
well, after a 6 month wait for a product it isnt surprising that a few people would drop out

Oct 27, 2021 at 5:49 AM Post #1,478 of 3,204
I think you have it right in terms detail and clarity and think your choice of music colors your opinion of the bass...that is NOT a criticism just to point out those like myself who never listen to such intensely heavy bass music would and do not hear the same issues..personally having owned 2 pairs of LCD-4 and the Utopia I think the P is head and shoulders better than either other than perhaps the LCD-4 bass which I guess is the bottom line for you...I actually look forward to hearing the LCD-5 because it appears tthey are more open and detailed than the 4
I actually believe Ciggavelli had a faulty unit.
He mentioned the exact testtracks to me back then and they sounded fine on my Solitaire P.

As he mentioned there was also a measurement around, showing a subbass roll off, pretty much in line with his experience.

While earlier measurements Show no roll off at all, which aligns with our experience.

I guess there are a few drop outs here and there, and he got really unlucky.

Oct 27, 2021 at 2:28 PM Post #1,479 of 3,204
ironically the bass to me on the sol p is one of its strong suits...go figure...I am going to be interested to hear the new lcd-5 vs the sol p ...I have my doubts as to whether the lcd-5 will be as good but we shall soon see

Oct 27, 2021 at 2:31 PM Post #1,480 of 3,204
ironically the bass to me on the sol p is one of its strong suits...go figure...I am going to be interested to hear the new lcd-5 vs the sol p ...I have my doubts as to whether the lcd-5 will be as good but we shall soon see
Yeah the Bass especially the sub bass is one of the Solitare Ps unique selling points.

Really eager to read your comparison to the LCD-5 soon

Oct 27, 2021 at 3:02 PM Post #1,481 of 3,204
will post it as soon as my lcd-5 arrives hopefully sometime in the near future

Oct 28, 2021 at 3:53 PM Post #1,482 of 3,204
Yeah the Bass especially the sub bass is one of the Solitare Ps unique selling points.
+1

I have few organ recordings in my library and the sound of lower register is insanely powerful. I’m not an expert in hip-hop, but for acoustic music P’s bass is perfect.

Oct 29, 2021 at 1:57 PM Post #1,485 of 3,204
Dunno if this is a joke about hotcakes, but regarding the Ps, especially HA200 selling well -
my dealer literally has a long waiting list for them as they are having trouble getting T+A to ship it to them. Similarly, T+A customer service mentioned about them having short supply and high demand when I first reached out. Though of course you have to take the words of the manufacturer with a grain of salt.
Don't know what part of the world you are but here in UK they are in stock at most dealers. I ordered my HA200 yesterday and it arrived today. Same with the P, next day delivery. Just waiting for MP200 stock now!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back