T+A Solitaire P planar magnetostatic
Feb 26, 2021 at 10:19 AM Post #677 of 3,205
Okay I’m going to post amp notes one at a time.

No tube romantic so not warm

Feb 26, 2021 at 10:21 AM Post #678 of 3,205
Very lively energetic not boring

Feb 26, 2021 at 10:23 AM Post #679 of 3,205
Volume Knobs clicks very nice feeling easy to scroll through menus did not pull out the manual

Feb 26, 2021 at 10:26 AM Post #680 of 3,205
Bass is just as good as my more powerful amps. Think of power as headroom. Power doesn’t mean more bass if you inject more gain in the lows my HeadTrip and WA33 can go louder. But the ha200 has high current out of the headphone jacks.

Feb 26, 2021 at 10:29 AM Post #681 of 3,205
Bass is just as good as my more powerful amps. Think of power as headroom. Power doesn’t mean more bass if you inject more gain in the lows my HeadTrip and WA33 can go louder. But the ha200 has high current out of the headphone jacks.

TC in those categories is my favorite just my personal preference. Even though I like TC a lot I’m always listening to the Solitaire P the most.
@Bonddam how would you compare the level of comfort and the mids between the Solitaire P and the Susvaras?

Feb 26, 2021 at 11:33 AM Post #682 of 3,205
I thought that I read somewhere that using the 4-pin XLR socket on the front of the HA-200 as a DAC-out via 4-pin XLR->2x 3-pin XLR pigtail cable was in fact the "hidden" DAC output of the HA-200, and that there might even be a lineout setting for 0db and standard ~4v signal somewhere in the settings?

I tried having a quick look, but I couldn't find the posts around that. It came up when some guys were complaining about the lack of DAC out and how other competing DAC+amp products had it, then there were some replies like I just mentioned about using the 4-pin XLR out.

Anyone remember/know about that? I don't mean whether it just "works", since, of course it would.

Feb 26, 2021 at 11:52 AM Post #683 of 3,205
I thought that I read somewhere that using the 4-pin XLR socket on the front of the HA-200 as a DAC-out via 4-pin XLR->2x 3-pin XLR pigtail cable was in fact the "hidden" DAC output of the HA-200, and that there might even be a lineout setting for 0db and standard ~4v signal somewhere in the settings?

I tried having a quick look, but I couldn't find the posts around that. It came up when some guys were complaining about the lack of DAC out and how other competing DAC+amp products had it, then there were some replies like I just mentioned about using the 4-pin XLR out.

Anyone remember/know about that? I don't mean whether it just "works", since, of course it would.
I’d like to know.

Feb 26, 2021 at 12:05 PM Post #685 of 3,205

There is nothing like that, unfortunately, in the menus. @Bonddam , if you hold down the 'menu' button, you will enter the system menu. I talked to the people at T+A and they don't want to advertise it as a line-out but say it just is OK to use it that way.

Feb 26, 2021 at 12:43 PM Post #686 of 3,205
Feb 26, 2021 at 12:48 PM Post #687 of 3,205
It’s funny how historians discovered English was developed from German and French. That makes sense as some words are same. Anytime I think German National Lampoons European Vacation scene of looking for Sex comes to mind.

Last edited:
Feb 26, 2021 at 1:12 PM Post #688 of 3,205
It’s funny how historians discovered English was developed from German and French. That makes sense as some words are same. Anytime I think German National Lampoons European Vacation scene of looking for Sex comes to mind.

Many are similar, though it is a more regulated language. As a foreigner, I can close to 100% accuracy guess how it will be pronounced, unlike English and French. But it is a tough language. I learned it as my second foreign language when I was like 14-15, then years later got a job offer in Germany and it was pretty much a complete restart for the gramer. Fortunately my wife was and still is more talented in that regard. :p

Last edited:
Feb 26, 2021 at 3:20 PM Post #689 of 3,205
The HA-200 is ridiculously engineered. The unit is rock solid no funky wobbly buttons, the volume control has a loud clicking noise very German

Last edited:
Feb 26, 2021 at 3:27 PM Post #690 of 3,205
I’m on my home and will put the P on HA200 and report back can’t wait.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back