T+A Solitaire P planar magnetostatic
Feb 23, 2021 at 5:43 PM Post #646 of 3,204
Did you also get the HA200?
Going into the weekend looked promising.
20210223_004656.jpg

Ready for the shootout.
20210220_235404_HDR.jpg

The most striking was the imaging. Behind Maria Callas it was not a chore, it was a bunch of individual singers 😉
What was also very impressive is the lifelike presentation of the accoustic instruments like violin, bass, flute, drums.
At the beginning I could not change anything in the configuration, I was just changing the music, going again and again back to jazz or classical. This set brought the biggest plus in that area compared to what I heard before.

I was not missing anything from the highs. There was plenty of that. The bass is probably table flat, I had to help with the built in eq to bring it closer to my brain burned in Empy-like elevated bass signature for certain songs. I made some tests with sine-wawe tracks, 16 Hz was quite well audible with some extra db on the volume. I suppose the limiting factor was my ears.

In the end I was listening to Joe Satriani Shapeshifting album. No problem for this system to follow the speed and slam what comes with that music.

Feb 24, 2021 at 2:54 AM Post #647 of 3,204
Going into the weekend looked promising.
20210223_004656.jpg

Ready for the shootout.
20210220_235404_HDR.jpg

The most striking was the imaging. Behind Maria Callas it was not a chore, it was a bunch of individual singers 😉
What was also very impressive is the lifelike presentation of the accoustic instruments like violin, bass, flute, drums.
At the beginning I could not change anything in the configuration, I was just changing the music, going again and again back to jazz or classical. This set brought the biggest plus in that area compared to what I heard before.

I was not missing anything from the highs. There was plenty of that. The bass is probably table flat, I had to help with the built in eq to bring it closer to my brain burned in Empy-like elevated bass signature for certain songs. I made some tests with sine-wawe tracks, 16 Hz was quite well audible with some extra db on the volume. I suppose the limiting factor was my ears.

In the end I was listening to Joe Satriani Shapeshifting album. No problem for this system to follow the speed and slam what comes with that music.

Congratulations. :) HA200 is a beast. It surprises me how well it envelopes each sound source.

Feb 24, 2021 at 12:24 PM Post #648 of 3,204
I'm hoping the HA-200 puts out at least 1 amp of current per channel if it does it will power harder to drive planars. Wells Audio new Dragon amp uses high current instead of high wattage to drive the 1266.

Feb 24, 2021 at 1:12 PM Post #649 of 3,204
Solitaire P pairing of iBasso DX300 is really good. I find the D9200 and D8000 Pro pairings a bit much in the upper mids / lower treble treble. But something I like with DX300 is the very good bass mids transition. The tuning there is excellent gives a very good clarity and separation feeling. And than a bit of raised bass makes it enjoyable. From subbass until upper mids is a superb tuning. From the upper mids to mid-treble it has a bit of higher energy, so you may or may not like it based on your pairing. That combined with the rest of the lower spectrum it sounds fantastic with Solitaire P.

There is a NOS mode, and I find the NOS mode with externally 352 / 384 kHz oversampled files (or upsampled, or upsampled + interpolated, or whatever you call it in your dictionary) great with Solitaire P. Balanced it has 1200 mW output. Current amp module (it has exchangeable amp section) does not have a real line out like R8, but I hope there will be an amp module with a real LO in the future.

1614189624655.png

Feb 24, 2021 at 1:54 PM Post #650 of 3,204
Well se just sounds so good. I'm going back and forth between it and the P. I can't say one is more enjoyable over the other.

Feb 24, 2021 at 2:32 PM Post #651 of 3,204
Well se just sounds so good. I'm going back and forth between it and the P. I can't say one is more enjoyable over the other.
That's more in line with most of the reviews I read.

Also HA200 has 700mA of current output.
It's capped there for heating reasons.

Now I gotta look up that Dragon amp

Feb 24, 2021 at 2:39 PM Post #652 of 3,204
That's more in line with most of the reviews I read.
I am calling the dealer here for a demo unit tomorrow. I do love my D8000 Pro but if SE has more air and is lighter, with bigger drivers I might replace my D8000 Pro with SE. The less weight and clamping force the better for long listening.

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2021 at 3:44 PM Post #653 of 3,204
I am calling the dealer here for a demo unit tomorrow. I do love my D8000 Pro but if SE has more air and is lighter, with bigger drivers I might replace my D8000 Pro with SE. The less weight and clamping force the better for long listening.
I am actually very interested in a comparison between P-SE vs P with ultra wide pads

Feb 24, 2021 at 3:55 PM Post #655 of 3,204
I don't have the UWP, unfortunately. Do you have them and if yes, how do you find the difference?
I have them, but I didn't try thrm yet.

However from reviews they also increase air up top, so this might be similar to the SE for those that already have the P

Personally I love the treble of stock Solitaire p, so I don't feel like changing pads at the moment

Feb 24, 2021 at 4:09 PM Post #656 of 3,204
The pads don't do that much. Se is better if you like lots of treble. It's better owning both headphones as the difference is night and day. I'll only sell se if they come out with a metal version. Se is like a Fischer Price toy. On my se there's a damper on the plastic. Wonder if the first units didn't have this causing vibration.

Feb 24, 2021 at 5:47 PM Post #657 of 3,204
As I said before, for me the P treble is more than enough, I even sometimes tame it slightly. I "sometimes" slightly bump (high shelf) the air frequencies.

Feb 25, 2021 at 1:59 AM Post #658 of 3,204
How does P and P SE compared to Susvara and TC ?

Feb 25, 2021 at 7:43 AM Post #659 of 3,204
So the dealer here does not have a demo unit, but he asked for some info from T+A and got the (usual SE) response:

"T+A sind die Kopfhörer P und P SE ähnlich im Klang. Der P ist druckvoller und breiter im Grundton. Der P ist aus hochwertigem Aluminium gefertigt der P SE aus hochwertigen Kunststoffen. Es gibt also keine gravierenden Klangunterschiede. Der P ist insgesamt hochwertiger"

Meaning that except the bass, the signature difference should be minimal. :confused:

Feb 25, 2021 at 11:25 AM Post #660 of 3,204
The Solitaire headphones sit in their own niche. They don’t sound like a TC or Susvara. It is difficult to say where they stand. They have their own magic. Strength is imaging, image cues, bass, smooth treble(people who are sensitive to treble look at the P). Vocals sound realistic. I find better soundstage on the P when comparing to 1266 TC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back