T+A Solitaire P planar magnetostatic
Feb 15, 2021 at 2:16 PM Post #601 of 3,200
My personal Amp recommendation for Se and P are

Woo Audio Topaz or TT2 from Chord

NOMAX

PS.and i have tried a lot lol

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2021 at 7:11 AM Post #603 of 3,200
I'm very confused about whether the Solitaire P-SE is now already released or not.

If released i'd love to hear some comparisons between P-SE and Hifiman Ananada, HE1000, LCD2C, HE-6 and Heddphone especially regarding the bass and the performace with techno/edm.

Feb 16, 2021 at 7:52 AM Post #604 of 3,200
I'm very confused about whether the Solitaire P-SE is now already released or not.

If released i'd love to hear some comparisons between P-SE and Hifiman Ananada, HE1000, LCD2C, HE-6 and Heddphone especially regarding the bass and the performace with techno/edm.
In germany it was released on 25th of january.
I'm not sure about the official release date in other countries.

That's an interesting comparison list you got there. Most of those can't compete at all but are also in a much lower price bracket.

Feb 16, 2021 at 8:49 AM Post #605 of 3,200
@ducanh712 ....i know😉

NOMAX

PS.so have fun with the headphone of your choice👍
For me now its time to test the upcoming.......

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2021 at 9:20 AM Post #606 of 3,200
Feb 16, 2021 at 10:46 AM Post #607 of 3,200
In germany it was released on 25th of january.
I'm not sure about the official release date in other countries.

That's an interesting comparison list you got there. Most of those can't compete at all but are also in a much lower price bracket.
Have you heard the P-SE yet?

I'm wondering how you can say "most of those can't compete", when the HEK and HE-6 definitely can, and the HEDDphone might actually be a very polarizing and directly comparable "oddball" pair just like the Solitaire-Ps apparently are?

The price bracket doesn't really matter since we're both in the "big boys headphone club" anyway and because the Solitaire-Ps are highly overpriced. And I say that because they are not unanimously mopping the floor with any of the other summit-fi contenders like the Abyss TC, Susvara, HEKse, LCD-4, 009/S, or even a single other pair I can think of. By most accounts so far, they're just mediocre and expensive.

I'm actually hoping the changes to the P-SE might make it a better headphone...

And I'm not trying to be a dick, I just can't understand where you're coming from since as soon as any feedback started to roll in on these, it's been a let down.

Feb 16, 2021 at 12:57 PM Post #608 of 3,200
Have you heard the P-SE yet?

I'm wondering how you can say "most of those can't compete", when the HEK and HE-6 definitely can, and the HEDDphone might actually be a very polarizing and directly comparable "oddball" pair just like the Solitaire-Ps apparently are?

The price bracket doesn't really matter since we're both in the "big boys headphone club" anyway and because the Solitaire-Ps are highly overpriced. And I say that because they are not unanimously mopping the floor with any of the other summit-fi contenders like the Abyss TC, Susvara, HEKse, LCD-4, 009/S, or even a single other pair I can think of. By most accounts so far, they're just mediocre and expensive.

I'm actually hoping the changes to the P-SE might make it a better headphone...

And I'm not trying to be a dick, I just can't understand where you're coming from since as soon as any feedback started to roll in on these, it's been a let down.
He named 5 headphones, two being the Ananda and LCD2C, which for their price are very nice but certainly don't compete in the big boy League.

The Heddphone is similar but slightly higher up on the sound quality ladder. Still I didn't recall them punching in leagues double their price Tag. - I never heard them myself, this is based on reviews I read tho.
For me personally they fell out of interest because the driver touches the earcups on louder bass notes, whixh made them unfit for my taste.

Thats 3 of 5 that do not keep up which technically makes most.

The P-SE doesn't have many reviews, common critic point is the crosstalk, but sound quality wise nearly all of them are raving. Some put them even very close to the P which is on par with Susvara and 1266TC

That's were that comment came from

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2021 at 10:13 AM Post #609 of 3,200
Screwed myself couldn’t cancel my T+A order so now I have to sell ha-200 and 2 headphones good thing I can transfer the warranty

Feb 17, 2021 at 10:32 AM Post #610 of 3,200
Screwed myself couldn’t cancel my T+A order so now I have to sell ha-200 and 2 headphones good thing I can transfer the warranty
Sad to hear that you couldn't cancel, but maybe a great chance for others since the Ha200 + Solitaire P combo is sublime

Feb 17, 2021 at 10:51 AM Post #611 of 3,200
Yeah I want to hear what the HA 200 sounds like on the Saul turkey not interested in keeping the Salter PSE have kind of like an OCD complexion of keeping the two Solterra P headphones as it’s my favorite but I can’t see keeping all these amplifiers in my house

Feb 17, 2021 at 11:14 AM Post #612 of 3,200
Maybe I’ll put a roll of DynamatOn the Solterra P se lol

Feb 17, 2021 at 2:58 PM Post #613 of 3,200
6 days of usage all sorts of burn in happening (tubes, headphones, brain) and the sound is just getting better and better.

Also since day 3 they feel really comfy. Took a few days to change from the Empyrean.
The Aluminium build has something magical when picking them up.

Feb 18, 2021 at 8:12 AM Post #614 of 3,200
I compare it with much cheaper and more robust models...Clear/Hd800s/K812/Beyer T1 Gen.3/Celestee/Focal MG

NOMAX

PS.and the Ear Pads from SE are much more easier to attache in the correct way/position as from P 😉

The build material is one thing but the technology used in the transducers is another thing, which is most probably the most contributing factor to the price. In the end, it is "the" part that you have to invest time and resource for R&D. I have been using my Solitaire P for two months now, nearly every day. Whatever you might say about the tuning, the instrument separation, speed and bass impact with impeccable clarity continues to impress me every time I listen. So, there is something special going on there.

Still didn't experience the P-SE, so I wouldn't comment on the overall picture. Yes, if we want an absolute (as if it is possible in this complex equation of subjectivity) objective comparison, we shouldn't do price based classification, but every technology has its pros and cons, and price of R&D / engineering is possibly playing a big role in the price. Whether you are fine with it and pros are the deciding factor for you to buy and keep one, that is up to the buyer.

Last edited:
Feb 18, 2021 at 1:55 PM Post #615 of 3,200
During my weekly visit to the dealer of my trust :wink:I was able to see the Solitaire P SE a little closer this week ... hmmm!
At first I wasn't sure if this was a dummy, because such cheap and wobbly plastic parts are more to be expected in a 29th China shop can 🙈🙁

This is where the marketing finance foxes clearly had to say.
In any case, I can calmly put on my Hifiman today and know that they are processed twice as valuable at half the price :L3000:

Sound, yes, is there and I could like it ... if the haptics weren't so sloppy.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Pfgo
Back