T+A Solitaire P planar magnetostatic
Feb 15, 2021 at 8:00 AM Post #586 of 3,204
So what do we have here? Two reviews, one mentions that this "plastic" headphone rattles above 95dB, the other review doesn't mention a word about vibrations.
We definitely need more reviews in order to find out if the headphone which Nomax auditioned is a lemon, or if indeed the P-SE is transferring vibrations from the frame to the listener.
Let's wait and see if more people will experience the same.

Feb 15, 2021 at 9:16 AM Post #587 of 3,204
So what do we have here? Two reviews, one mentions that this "plastic" headphone rattles above 95dB, the other review doesn't mention a word about vibrations.
We definitely need more reviews in order to find out if the headphone which Nomax auditioned is a lemon, or if indeed the P-SE is transferring vibrations from the frame to the listener.
Let's wait and see if more people will experience the same.
The quoted Review does mention the Vibrations.
It even Talks about crosstalk Vibrations via the headband, which the big brother does not have (many other headphones do, so the P is especially good here instead of the P-SE being bad)

Furthermore the Tests have been @94 db, which is when problems started but maybe weren't all that bad yet.

For Praktika purposes one has to ask himself "do I even listen above 95db?"
I am pretty sure that I personally don't, so either way I'd be fine

Feb 15, 2021 at 9:28 AM Post #588 of 3,204
I can show much much more....no problem😉

ACB0763E-9019-458B-8C1B-A752F04ED5AE.jpeg
42CF44C4-9919-42DF-8CCE-4E5687CB346F.jpeg

......and here contrary...the best 👍

NOMAX

PS.and about the resonances/vibrations..it depends which genre you hear....if you have slow tracks with only mids and highs its a other Story lol

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2021 at 9:50 AM Post #589 of 3,204

PS.and about the resonances/vibrations..it depends which genre you hear....if you have slow tracks with only mids and highs its a other Story lol

That is bad, wow! How could that happen, I don't get it - how could something like that get passed the quality control?! Where did this sample you tested come from?

Feb 15, 2021 at 9:57 AM Post #590 of 3,204
That is bad, wow! How could that happen, I don't get it - how could something like that get passed the quality control?! Where did this sample you tested come from?

Everboy is thinking i am to negative/critical or i want degrading Products....when you see my Review you can read also that the SE has some positive 👍

I was it in the past..and will be it in the future...honest to all with my personal impressions/views...and that is the only way to convince the people which knows me

NOMAX

Ps.but that what you see in the picture is not the worst 😉

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2021 at 10:09 AM Post #591 of 3,204
Everboy is thinking i am to negative or i want degrading Products....when you see my Review you can read also that the SE has some positive 👍

I was it in the past..and will be it in the future...honest to all with my personal impressions/views

NOMAX

Ps.but that what you see in the picture is not the worst 😉

But where did you get this P-SE from? Is it something you bought? It is very surprising for me to see something like this can get passed the quality control.

Feb 15, 2021 at 10:11 AM Post #592 of 3,204

You may have overlooked that also the LowBeats review includes crosstalk measurements, which imho clearly show the resonance issue.

40558313rn.jpeg

This may not be an issue for easy listening at 85 db, but at much higher volume levels with certain tracks or whole music genres it may well be a problem.

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2021 at 11:13 AM Post #593 of 3,204

ACB0763E-9019-458B-8C1B-A752F04ED5AE.jpeg42CF44C4-9919-42DF-8CCE-4E5687CB346F.jpeg

......and here contrary...the best 👍

NOMAX

The pads of your pair fit exceptionally bad, I'm quite shocked

Feb 15, 2021 at 11:30 AM Post #594 of 3,204
@ThanatosVI ......that is the smallest problem what you see in the picture in terms of material appearance & workmanship lol

NOMAX

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2021 at 12:33 PM Post #595 of 3,204
Hello,

the general workmanship of my SOLITAIRE P-SE test sample was impeccable, although I liked the P model much better in terms of value and feel. By the way, I also mentioned this in my review.

But I can not confirm the pictures posted by @Nomax. Cause the red fabric is only visible when the Cushions has been inserted improperly or has not been attached properly - however, it is actually quite a fiddly matter to thread the pads back into the correct position after a change...this also applies to the Solitaire P, of course. :wink:

Greetings
Fidelio

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2021 at 12:52 PM Post #597 of 3,204
Feb 15, 2021 at 1:25 PM Post #598 of 3,204
Incidentally, I can partly understand @Nomax statements regarding his qualitative impression, especially if you have the opportunity to compare both headphones (P+SE) directly on site...

I see the actual problem less in the general craftsmanship of the SE, but rather in the somewhat uninspired material haptics compared to the P, which is of course a different number due to its milled aluminum components - but also to a significantly ambitious price tag.

Greetings
Fidelio

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2021 at 1:43 PM Post #599 of 3,204
I compare it with much cheaper and more robust models...Clear/Hd800s/K812/Beyer T1 Gen.3/Celestee/Focal MG

NOMAX

PS.and the Ear Pads from SE are much more easier to attache in the correct way/position as from P 😉

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2021 at 2:09 PM Post #600 of 3,204
Incidentally, I can partly understand @Nomax statements regarding his qualitative impression, especially if you have the opportunity to compare both headphones (P+SE) directly on site...

I see the actual problem less in the general craftsmanship of the SE, but rather in the somewhat uninspired material haptics compared to the P, which is of course a different number due to its milled aluminum components - but also to a significantly ambitious price tag.

Greetings
Fidelio
CNC MILLING has improved a lot in speed and quality.
Look at this frame for a pair of glasses, milled in 5 minutes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back