T+A HiFi - HA 200 (Headphone Amp & DAC Combo) - Official Discussion Thread
Aug 20, 2023 at 5:58 AM Post #47 of 73
Nevertheless, I was able to source a new MP 200 in my color for 30% off :wink:
Well done :wink: the saving will make it even sweeter :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:.
I just need to stop eyeing up the 3100 series ... way beyond my needs and means!.
Hard to fault the 200 series.

Aug 20, 2023 at 6:09 AM Post #48 of 73
Well done :wink: the saving will make it even sweeter :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:.
I just need to stop eyeing up the 3100 series ... way beyond my needs and means!.
Fortunately, I don’t have the room & furniture space (& extra money) for the HV series.

Aug 20, 2023 at 7:05 AM Post #49 of 73
Those thinking about DAC 200 + MP200 could also take a look at the MP2000R MkII

At the end of the year the latter will receive a new streaming board and Support even Spotify connect on top of the HiFi streaming Services it Supports already.

Aug 21, 2023 at 2:09 AM Post #50 of 73
Those thinking about DAC 200 + MP200 could also take a look at the MP2000R MkII

At the end of the year the latter will receive a new streaming board and Support even Spotify connect on top of the HiFi streaming Services it Supports already.
According to my information, MP 200 should receive hard- and Software upgrade to the new
Streaming version as well.

Aug 21, 2023 at 2:34 AM Post #51 of 73
According to my information, MP 200 should receive hard- and Software upgrade to the new
Streaming version as well.
Back in May they said HV and R Series will receive it, but it only makes sense that they also extend the new streaming board to the 200 Series.

Probably a few months later I guess

Nonetheless, the Feature Set and Price of MP200 + DAC200 and MP2000R are quite similar.

Last edited:
Sep 7, 2023 at 4:03 AM Post #53 of 73
Hello,
I own a T+A DAC200, but since my question is related to headphone pairing I thought I might better post my question here too.

I am thinking about buying a Senn HD800s to pair with my DAC200.
Anyone has tried this combo ?
Should it work well (impedance and stuff…) ?

Thank you,

David

Sep 11, 2023 at 6:40 AM Post #54 of 73
Hello,
I own a T+A DAC200, but since my question is related to headphone pairing I thought I might better post my question here too.

I am thinking about buying a Senn HD800s to pair with my DAC200.
Anyone has tried this combo ?
Should it work well (impedance and stuff…) ?

Thank you,

David
I've not heard the headphone output section on the DAC200 - but I'm assuming it's no more capable than the HA200 headphone amp - with which it shares many features. I've heard the HA200 briefly - and it's clearly very good. But it didn't strike me as particularly good with dynamic phones. The HiFi News review (https://hifinews.com/content/ta-ha-200-usbdac-headphone-amp) suggests it favours constant impedance planar phones - and that may indeed be the issue. It may be the amp isn't really optimized for highly variable dynamic phones like the HD800S. I prefer dynamic phones like the HD800S myself and feel there are a several other amps which work better with them - and which cost less. The HDV820 and the Moon 430 HA are two amps with particularly good amp sections I think - which would accept balanced inputs from the DAC200 if you were interested in running it with an outboard amp.

Sep 11, 2023 at 6:49 AM Post #55 of 73
I've not heard the headphone output section on the DAC200 - but I'm assuming it's no more capable than the HA200 headphone amp - with which it shares many features. I've heard the HA200 briefly - and it's clearly very good. But it didn't strike me as particularly good with dynamic phones. The HiFi News review (https://hifinews.com/content/ta-ha-200-usbdac-headphone-amp) suggests it favours constant impedance planar phones - and that may indeed be the issue. It may be the amp isn't really optimized for highly variable dynamic phones like the HD800S. I prefer dynamic phones like the HD800S myself and feel there are a several other amps which work better with them - and which cost less. The HDV820 and the Moon 430 HA are two amps with particularly good amp sections I think - which would accept balanced inputs from the DAC200 if you were interested in running it with an outboard amp.
With the HA200 you can adjust the sound (treble, bass, loudness, x-Feed) , non of it is possible with the DAC200

Sep 11, 2023 at 8:20 AM Post #57 of 73
Thank you very much... Very helpful.
Indeed, in the meantime I am now more leaning towards Arya Organics (planar).
So, this goes exactly in the direction you were recommending.

I am so happy when things become simple for once.

Sep 11, 2023 at 7:19 PM Post #58 of 73
I've read some reviews by listeners which suggest the HA200 is excellent with T+A's own planar phones - hardly surprising I guess. This might be worth checking out with the the DAC200 also if you're interested in planars (and can cope with the price of admission!).

Dec 31, 2023 at 12:06 PM Post #59 of 73
I sometimes hear a clicking sound coming from within the chassis when the T+A H200 is turned on (mid song), anyone else experienced this before?

Jan 1, 2024 at 6:23 AM Post #60 of 73
I sometimes hear a single "click" from the chassis whilst it's turned on and warming up, or cooling down when in standby. No other sounds though, other than a quiet hum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back