T+A HiFi - HA 200 (Headphone Amp & DAC Combo) - Official Discussion Thread
Apr 13, 2023 at 6:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 73

JaguarAudio

Member of the Trade: Jaguar Audio
Here's the official discussion thread for the T+A HA 200. T+A is way under the radar in the US, but now that people are getting a chance to hear it, that won't be the case for much longer.

Features:
  • 10-watt Headphone Amplifier with 1/4" single-ended and 4.4mm and 4-Pin XLR balanced input jacks.
  • Preamplifier volume control.
  • USB DAC - Supports up to PCM 32/768 and DSD 1024.
  • XLR and RCA analog inputs to bypass the DAC with another source.
  • Optional 4-Pin XLR to RCA interconnect, for connection to a 2-channel speaker amplifier.
  • Optional HDMI (ARC) board.

Note: There is a separate thread for the DAC 200 on the Dedicated Source Components thread.

Contact JaguarAudio.com with your questions.

HA200Blk1.JPG

HA200-square.jpg

Apr 15, 2023 at 2:47 AM Post #2 of 73
This WAS on top of my list. And WAS eagerly waiting for it. The style, the T+A build quality etc. Ticks every box, until the specs came: NO PREAMP out.
Well you can, on its HP outs BUT hey, you can't win them all.

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2023 at 6:43 AM Post #4 of 73
During that time, I was looking for a DAC/Amp/Preamp due to space contraints on my desk. Of which will serve me on my upgrade path: DAC/Amp -> Powered Speakers.
Frustrated on the HA 200 of not having a dedicated preamp out, I decided to go to the Audiobyte route. Because of its SQ, Size, Upgrade path. It had hiccups at the beginning. But now its all resolved. For a brief comparo what it can do see this YT Clip and here.

About T+A DAC 200? Think will stick to what I have now. With the addition of the Hydra.Hub to my Hydra.Vox and Zap stack. It changes to a different ball game. Could now not only stream but also reclock, convert format (PCM/DSD) as well as Upsample/Downsample.

With T+A DAC 200 price, your immediate competitor would be the MAY and Terminator Plus. So that would be a huge consideration.

If they placed a streamer instead those HDMI, RJ45 mumbo jumbo ports, then maybe (another missed opportunity).

Apr 18, 2023 at 7:15 AM Post #5 of 73
With T+A DAC 200 price, your immediate competitor would be the MAY and Terminator Plus. So that would be a huge consideration.

If they placed a streamer instead those HDMI, RJ45 mumbo jumbo ports, then maybe (another missed opportunity).
I agree Mickey,

Just a comment :

In Europe, the T+A DAC 200 is actually 10% cheaper than the Holo May KTE (I do not know why people keep saying D200 is twice the price : not true actually).
Yes, a streamer could have been nice indeed... But for now I do not see a lot of real successful combos (the streamer stage often seems a bit "unfinished").

Apr 19, 2023 at 12:18 AM Post #6 of 73
This WAS on top of my list. And WAS eagerly waiting for it. The style, the T+A build quality etc. Ticks every box, until the specs came: NO PREAMP out.
Well you can, on its HP outs but BUT hey, you can't win them all.
Ciao Mickey,no problem comprali entrambi

Attachments

• 4A4AE1C3-B0E6-4117-B0B4-2EE07562DCEB.jpeg
    4A4AE1C3-B0E6-4117-B0B4-2EE07562DCEB.jpeg
    424.2 KB · Views: 0
Apr 19, 2023 at 2:49 AM Post #7 of 73
Bellissimo! Sfortunatamente, I have other hobbies that also needs their attention....:sweat_smile:

Envy..... :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Last edited:
Apr 19, 2023 at 3:09 AM Post #8 of 73
Bellissimo! Sfortunatamente, I have other hobbies that also needs their attention....:sweat_smile:

Envy..... :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
Me too,creole females...

P.S. Greetings from mi mojie de Roma Nord aquilotta too LOL

Apr 20, 2023 at 2:11 AM Post #9 of 73
Yes, a streamer could have been nice indeed... But for now I do not see a lot of real successful combos (the streamer stage often seems a bit "unfinished").
Last weekend, I spoke with Ziggy Owner/Founder of T+A, and asked him why no internal streaming feature. He says adding a streaming board to the enclosure would significantly degrade the performance of the DAC. T+A does make streaming DACs in the HV series but these use 50lb aluminum chassis with isolated chambers for the boards. Thus, the MP 200 music server was created.

Apr 24, 2023 at 8:31 AM Post #11 of 73
Hello,
I will duplicate the question in this thread.
Can you say please what are the differences between revision T+A HA 200 v1.0 and v2.0?
Are there any problems with the first revision in contrast to the second one?
Thank you!
I bought my HA 200 amplifier in May 2021 and luckily no damage has happened so far. I didn't know there were two versions

Apr 24, 2023 at 9:11 AM Post #13 of 73
Apr 24, 2023 at 9:34 AM Post #15 of 73

Users who are viewing this thread

Back