T+A HiFi - DAC 200 - Official Discussion Thread
Apr 22, 2024 at 4:09 AM Post #467 of 482
They replace the complete processor board of the MP 200, so would expect €500 upgrade costs

The additional HDMI board for DAC/HA200 is €420, so the processor might be more
That would be the same price as for the R Series. That's ok I guess.
HV series will cost 600€

Apr 22, 2024 at 5:42 AM Post #469 of 482
The MP200 will be 500 € more, how much for upgrading current ones I did not ask.
All series 200 devices, except MP 200, got a price increase a few weeks/months back.

Once the 3. Gen of the streaming board will be available, I would expect a similar price increase for the MP 200 as well. At around €200-300 maybe.

Apr 23, 2024 at 9:23 AM Post #470 of 482
I can‘t install any drivers on a Mac.

It seems like this a a common issue on the Zen Stream with some DACs. The current FW is installed, so no other method to fix it?

Maybe a Raspberry Pi would work :thinking:
Holo Red will allow you to go to DSD512+ via HQPlayer / HQP in Roon on a Mac.

Apr 29, 2024 at 2:31 AM Post #472 of 482
T+A should create a new product integrating the streaming module into the DAC 200.
By doing so, they could fix the SW update problem of the DAC 200 and get rid of their 80s update procedure using a special cable.
In addition they could clean up the rear panel and remove all these proprietary connectors and add an I2S input and a digital output.

Apr 29, 2024 at 3:05 AM Post #473 of 482
T+A should create a new product integrating the streaming module into the DAC 200.
By doing so, they could fix the SW update problem of the DAC 200 and get rid of their 80s update procedure using a special cable.
In addition they could clean up the rear panel and remove all these proprietary connectors and add an I2S input and a digital output.
Not necessarily a new product but the MP products in their lineup all have most of your desired feature set.

My MP2000R Mk2 for instance is DAC with Streaming Module + CD Player. It can Update itself and function as Update source for the power amplifier.

It doesn't have most of the proprietary connections (yet) but I think they are there in the 200 series because they are superior to the usual stuff.

Unfortunately it's still missing i2S, like all T+A products and I can only ask you to write them an email requesting i2S support for future products.

Besides my MP2000R Mk2 there is also the MP2500R, R 2500R, MP3100 HV, PSD 3100 HV, SDV 3100 HV and SD 3000 HV which ALL have streaming board + DAC in one device.

I assume the reason to Split it for the 200 series Was primarily space within the device

Apr 30, 2024 at 6:11 AM Post #475 of 482
Unfortunately, your MP2000R is a completely outdated product.
Since I do not need a CD-player, there is still room for a new streaming DAC in a smaller form factor similar to the new Auralic Vega S1.
The MP2000R Mkii isn't outdated at all.
Still supporting Roon and all current streaming Services as well as all common DSD and PCM Formats.
And in terms of sound quality it's also on par with the best stuff available at its price level

Apr 30, 2024 at 4:03 PM Post #476 of 482
Apr 30, 2024 at 4:54 PM Post #477 of 482
I’m happy ☺️
So far no issues. Streaming Qobuz with Roon and HQplayer. The built in processes are pretty good too, but HQplayer takes it to another level.
Those that use external upsampling are very Fond of T+As DSD capabilities

Might be worth checking out

May 9, 2024 at 3:01 AM Post #478 of 482
I installed the latest firmware few days ago. Some nice new features available but nothing huge. I like it that the display now shows volume with big numbers when you switch it from the remote. Input-specific settings and possibility to rename the inputs are nice-to-have features.

Also here's a new comparison against Mola Mola Tambaqui:

May 9, 2024 at 9:32 AM Post #479 of 482
I installed the latest firmware few days ago. Some nice new features available but nothing huge. I like it that the display now shows volume with big numbers when you switch it from the remote. Input-specific settings and possibility to rename the inputs are nice-to-have features.

I may have missed this in the thread but how do you update firmware w/o the MP200?

May 9, 2024 at 9:34 AM Post #480 of 482

I also agree with the video. I prefer the MMT overall but the DAC200, especially with a DSD feed, punches way above its price point.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back