Symphonium Crimson - Impressions and Reviews (The Next Standard)
Oct 16, 2023 at 10:34 AM Post #331 of 445
wondering what current Crimson owners are pairing these IEMs with? I am using the Shanling M6 ultra, Ibasso 320 amp 12 and the ifi go blu. Oddly the go blu has a very good synergy with the Crimson followed by the superior m6 ultra. I like the 320 but at times it can be a bit intense with he Crimson.

What are your favorites to pair these IEMs with?
I’ve only tried my desktop stack with them so far (Bifrost 2/64 -> Violectric V222). No complaints there but the Violectric on paper is the perfect pairing as it’s on the warm side of neutral and has very smooth treble.

I’m on the lookout for a portable solution and was leaning towards something from iFi. Glad to hear they’re a good match!

Oct 16, 2023 at 11:37 AM Post #332 of 445
RS6 is definitely a very good pairing, especially for vocals. I've also liked Crimson off my K9 Pro ESS, they seem to balance each other out and the stage and separation makes for an overall immersive experience.

Crimson seems to follow the same pattern as Helios where the sound changes a lot based off of the source, so I look forward to hearing what other people use it with as well.

Oct 16, 2023 at 11:57 AM Post #333 of 445
New Crosses album is out, and it sounds awesome with Crimson.

Oct 17, 2023 at 4:52 AM Post #334 of 445
wondering what current Crimson owners are pairing these IEMs with? I am using the Shanling M6 ultra, Ibasso 320 amp 12 and the ifi go blu. Oddly the go blu has a very good synergy with the Crimson followed by the superior m6 ultra. I like the 320 but at times it can be a bit intense with he Crimson.

Currently, using AK SE180 with SEM 1 (ESS 9038 pro). If I want a little extra warmth, I would use the SEM 4.

Oct 28, 2023 at 11:57 AM Post #335 of 445
Resolve's review of the Crimson.

I also found the treble a bit spicy, but after tip rolling a bit, the Acoustune AET08 toned it down perfectly for me without affecting the rest of the FR.

Oct 28, 2023 at 12:26 PM Post #336 of 445
Resolve's review of the Crimson.

I also found the treble a bit spicy, but after tip rolling a bit, the Acoustune AET08 toned it down perfectly for me without affecting the rest of the FR.

Yes, I just wanted to add a quick note - Symphonium has recommended the Velvet Eartips that may help curb some of the upper treble. I'll be sure to measure with them and post an update once I can.

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
Oct 28, 2023 at 12:31 PM Post #337 of 445
I have found that the new Eletech Baroque Eartips work well with the Crimson, currently my favourite set up :)

Oct 28, 2023 at 12:36 PM Post #338 of 445
Yes, I just wanted to add a quick note - Symphonium has recommended the Velvet Eartips that may help curb some of the upper treble. I'll be sure to measure with them and post an update once I can.

I liked the Velvets but couldn't get them to stay in my ears over time. I think part of that problem stems from me preferring a more deep insertion with the Crimson and the Velvet seems to want to sit a tad outside of that range in my ears.

Which foam tips do you recommend?

Oct 28, 2023 at 12:47 PM Post #339 of 445
I liked the Velvets but couldn't get them to stay in my ears over time. I think part of that problem stems from me preferring a more deep insertion with the Crimson and the Velvet seems to want to sit a tad outside of that range in my ears.

I just had some fairly basic/generic foam ones that worked for me, but this is also going to be different depending on the person.

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
Oct 28, 2023 at 1:24 PM Post #340 of 445

I have similar fit problem with Velvets (they fall out of my ears too). I find that Azla Crystals work great with Crimson as they ensure a good fit and attenuate the treble.

Nov 6, 2023 at 10:06 AM Post #343 of 445
Hi everyone,

I've been having issues with Crimson's treble lately so I tried SpinFit Omni tips at the suggestion of some friends.

Here are my impressions using a iBasso 320MAX Ti DAP which is a neutral DAP with a slight bright tilt.

I had an issue on cymbal clashes sounding tizzy on Velvets that the Omni corrects. Omni presents a high clarity sound that sounds tonally balanced.

Vocals are placed neutrally or maybe even a touch back which opens up the staging compared to some other tips I've tried.

Overall, Omnis are correct-sounding ear tips that I think work really well with 320MAX.

Note: Omnis run a bit small, so going a size up is recommended.

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2023 at 10:24 AM Post #344 of 445
Hi everyone,

I've been having issues with Crimson's treble lately so I tried SpinFit Omni tips at the suggestion of some friends.

Here are my impressions using a iBasso 320MAX Ti DAP with is a neutral DAP with a slight bright tilt.

I had an issue on cymbal clashes sounding tizzy on Velvets that the Omni corrects. Omni has a high clarity sound that sounds tonally balanced.

Vocals are placed neutrally or maybe even a touch back which opens up the staging compared to some other tips I've tried.

Overall, Omnis correct sounding ear tips that I think work really well with 320MAX.

Note: Omnis run a bit small, so going a size up is recommended.
Have you tried Coreir brass? I found those surprisingly tamed the treble for me very well.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back