Symphonium Audio - New Singaporean IEM Manufacturer
Mar 11, 2024 at 7:16 AM Post #167 of 231
Also there are some really expensive single dd iem’s out there.
This is because rich people is going to pay for much overpriced stuff... and for these rich guys... we reached a point where unique melody is pricing their flagships to 8500$. Thanks guys for continue to pay a lot of money for overpriced stuff! The prices are going up and up. And same is going to happen here(slowly). You will see in a near future.

Mar 11, 2024 at 7:27 AM Post #168 of 231
Do you work in industry? Have you purchased….. anything from the supply chain? Have you ever built a product, let alone an audio product? 🤔

It’s not about how many drivers, but moreso how good the config is. That takes real work, effort, testing, and care.

I can sell you a $200k speaker with 400 TCL TV speakers. No crossover no R&D 🙏 maybe you’ll enjoy it because 200 > 1?

Mar 11, 2024 at 7:45 AM Post #170 of 231
I don’t think there’s any need to insult each other. Everyone’s entitled to their opinion.

If someone doesn’t want to pay for an iem that has less drivers than another iem because that’s what’s important to them (regardless if it sounds better or not), then that’s their choice.

I do wonder why you’re in the Symphonium thread though @Khumbaba if you don’t have any interest in Symphonium and their design philosophy. It does seem like you’ve only come on here to be negative.

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2024 at 7:48 AM Post #171 of 231
I don’t think there’s any need to insult each other. Everyone’s entitled to their opinion.

If someone doesn’t want to pay for an iem that has less drivers than another iem because that’s what’s important to them, then that’s their choice.

I do wonder why you’re in the Symphonium thread though @Khumbaba if you don’t have any interest in Symphonium and their design philosophy. It does seem like you’ve only come on here to be negative.
Seems to be a troll 🤷‍♂️

Started off relating to him but then realized he's just trolling.

Thread derail successful.

Mar 11, 2024 at 10:23 PM Post #172 of 231
Curious to compare this with their previous Meteor and the FF Maestro Mini
Didn't get to try the Meteor or MM, but compared to Scarlet Mini, Titan is more refined overall, has better controlled bass, and is more balanced. Scarlet Mini has more boomy, bigger bass that shakes the head/eardrums/ear canals more.

Titan has better treble in my opinion. Compared to Titan, Scarlet's treble is zingy, sharp, sibilant, and thin, especially if not paired with the right eartips. I can't really listen to Scarlet without using SpinFit CP145. However, Scarlet's treble is very detailed and has very good instrument separation and incisiveness for a basshead IEM. Impressive technicalities.

I like both the Scarlet Mini and Titan a lot, but I prefer the Titan more. Both are top tier basshead IEMs. Both are small, lightweight, and comfortable, but Scarlet Mini is smaller and lighter. Titan fits my ears better though.

Last edited:
Mar 12, 2024 at 7:02 AM Post #173 of 231
Ok but 1DD + 2BA priced at 1000 dollars.... I don't know, doesn't seem 100% honest to me. Maybe 300-400 dollars is acceptable.
Who cares about the driver count, its the implementation that matters + it sounds good, eg singularity is a 1 DD very nice set and 1.3k usd

Last edited:
Mar 12, 2024 at 8:36 AM Post #174 of 231
Agreed. It's how it's done and how it sounds that matters. I only have an elementary understanding of R&D, implementation and wastage that is incurred during development of production. But it's not 'cheap'. The hours and sweat put in by a small team of passionate individuals should not be disregarded.

Once upon a time we waxed lyrical about a single BA driver ER4.

I do not own a pair of Symphonium IEM's. But I am listening to the Crimson on tour as I type this.

Mar 12, 2024 at 8:38 AM Post #175 of 231
Agreed. It's how it's done and how it sounds that matters. I only have an elementary understanding of R&D, implementation and wastage that is incurred during development of production. But it's not 'cheap'. The hours and sweat put in by a small team of passionate individuals should not be disregarded.

Once upon a time we waxed lyrical about a single BA driver ER4.

I do not own a pair of Symphonium IEM's. But I am listening to the Crimson on tour as I type this.
I loved the Crimson when I tried it at CanJam NYC. I couldn’t get over that sound was being produced from 4 BA drivers.

Mar 13, 2024 at 7:31 AM Post #176 of 231
This is because rich people is going to pay for much overpriced stuff... and for these rich guys... we reached a point where unique melody is pricing their flagships to 8500$. Thanks guys for continue to pay a lot of money for overpriced stuff! The prices are going up and up. And same is going to happen here(slowly). You will see in a near future.
64 audio Trio at $2300 also has 3 drivers but is still at the top-tier of resolution and soundstage iem and is still in many people's collections. I think you should join KZ audio's group chat with 16, 20 driver iem at a steal deal price.

Mar 13, 2024 at 7:42 AM Post #177 of 231
Makes my MMK3 sound a bit rough around the edges, even though I still love the MMK3 and think it's the best all-around IEM at/below $1,000. A bargain for the sound quality, especially for my music library and preferences.

Storm was just insane. Precision, detailed, incisive note retrieval, imaging, balanced but with deep, powerful bass. Everything is so balanced and clean. Technical beast but does it so elegantly and easily. It's like MMK3 on crack but more refined somehow. Super engaging IEM. You won't be able to not bop your head when listening to music with this IEM.

Singularity is so smooth but detailed with insane timbre. Cohesive af too, since it's only using 1 DD. Beats the ever living daylights in every category out of Sennheiser IE900, another great single DD IEM. I was blown away with how great it sounded, given it's only 1 DD and at an acceptable $1,300 price. To some, this is a bargain for the sound this produces.

Titan is obviously a lot more bassy than MMK3. Not as detailed or precise, nor does it have as good of imaging and other technicalities, but good enough for most music genres. Only tested about 4-5 songs with Titan but I can safely say it's a great all-rounder with a big boost to bass. Again, super engaging IEM that makes you feel the music.
By the way, is bass of the Symphonium Titan better than Singularity? I mean bass quality not quantity

Mar 13, 2024 at 9:31 AM Post #179 of 231
By the way, is bass of the Symphonium Titan better than Singularity? I mean bass quality not quantity
I’d probably say Singularity has better bass quality but not by much. I love the bass of both IEMs. Titan just has more of it and punches harder.

Mar 13, 2024 at 11:08 AM Post #180 of 231
I find the approach of not publishing the number of drivers very exciting. So you don't buy the technology, you buy the pleasure.
I own the Crimson myself and am very happy with it. I could ask which drivers are installed but I see it as a minor matter.

A friend of mine makes IEMs himself and I asked him some time ago why some IEMs need a lot of power.
This question was related to the Crimson as I assumed that only BA drivers are installed here.
He said that it is often a sign that a lot of effort has been put into it with resistors etc. He sees it as a very positive sign when an IEM is harder to drive.

I have to admit that Symphonium Audio already has my sympathy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back