Symphonium Audio – The Official Thread
Mar 17, 2024 at 11:40 PM Post #61 of 85
So, I’m currently working on my listening impressions of the Symphonium Crimson and while I have been enjoying them quite a bit after some serious tip-rolling, I took a break to snap some pics and wanted to share some with you fine gentlemen. I hope everyone is having a great night!

Edit-16.jpg
Edit-21.jpg

Edit-7.jpg

Some initial impressions are that the Crimsons lean towards a lighter, more airy signature that for some may border on too spicy. But for me, luckily the upper mids are kept mostly at bay using the right source equipment. Like all Symphonium IEMs, these things take serious power to drive correctly. Not in terms of volume, but in terms of smoothening out the frequency and bringing the most out of the sub-bass and mid-bass regions. Technicalities are befitting of a TOTL IEM, for sure. Head stage, resolution, and detail retrieval are some of the best I’ve heard. They are ultra clean, precise, and highly resolving.

Look out for a full write-up and more pics soon. Thanks for reading :)

Mar 18, 2024 at 1:28 PM Post #62 of 85
So, I’m currently working on my listening impressions of the Symphonium Crimson and while I have been enjoying them quite a bit after some serious tip-rolling, I took a break to snap some pics and wanted to share some with you fine gentlemen. I hope everyone is having a great night!

Edit-16.jpgEdit-21.jpg
Edit-7.jpg
Some initial impressions are that the Crimsons lean towards a lighter, more airy signature that for some may border on too spicy. But for me, luckily the upper mids are kept mostly at bay using the right source equipment. Like all Symphonium IEMs, these things take serious power to drive correctly. Not in terms of volume, but in terms of smoothening out the frequency and bringing the most out of the sub-bass and mid-bass regions. Technicalities are befitting of a TOTL IEM, for sure. Head stage, resolution, and detail retrieval are some of the best I’ve heard. They are ultra clean, precise, and highly resolving.

Thanks so much, great photos!

Mar 18, 2024 at 1:35 PM Post #63 of 85
Mar 23, 2024 at 7:55 PM Post #64 of 85
0C050543-A39E-4FE5-B362-E738A54A6831.jpeg

My setup today. The crimson loves power. This IEM stands toe to toe with all the high-end IEMs I can get my hands on for AB tests.

Mar 23, 2024 at 8:06 PM Post #65 of 85

+1.

The initial tuning on the Crimson can be polarising with certain tips (I also did some serious tip rolling) it was a very enjoyable and engaging listen.
Looking forward to the write-up.

Techs well above what we sometimes see in this price point. I’m yet to see confirmation as to the exact internal configuration (Symphonium have been quiet on this). I’m not fussed as it’s the end outcome. I wouldn’t quite call it TOTL (Storm, Trailii come to mind as surpassing the Crimson on technicalities at a much more summit-fi level).

My setup today. The crimson loves power. This IEM stands toe to toe with all the high-end IEMs I can get my hands on for AB tests.
I’m going to have to add some of those test tracks to a playlist :)

If it’s one thing I never did it was to try Crimson out of a desktop headphone amplifier.

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2024 at 8:10 PM Post #66 of 85
+1.

The initial tuning on the Crimson can be polarising with certain tips (I also did some serious tip rolling) it was a very enjoyable and engaging listen.

Techs well above what we sometimes see in this price point. I’m yet to see confirmation as to the exact internal configuration (Symphonium have been quiet on this). I’m not fussed as it’s the end outcome. I wouldn’t quite call it TOTL (Storm, Trailii, Ani come to mind as surpassing the Crimson on technicalities at a much more summit-fi level).

If it’s one thing I never did it was to try Crimson out of a desktop headphone amplifier.

I haven’t heard any summit-fi so I can’t comment, but I can say it competes quite well with U12t and Noble Spartacus. It’s very hard to drive though. A staff member at A2A needed 55/100 on high gain out of FiiO R9 to get decent loudness. I didn’t have a chance to hear that combo because I was busy ABing some dongles, but he said the crimson is very impressive for the symphony piece he tried. Crystal clear separation.

Mar 23, 2024 at 8:58 PM Post #67 of 85
I wouldn’t quite call it TOTL (Storm, Trailii, Ani come to mind as surpassing the Crimson on technicalities at a much more summit-fi level).
I haven’t heard any summit-fi so I can’t comment, but I can say it competes quite well with U12t and Noble Spartacus.
I think Crimson’s techs are relative to U12t’s.

Definitely not Storm or Anni level. Trailli techs are a little overexaggerated and don’t belong in the same conversation as Storm and Anni’s IMO.

I actually think Crimson trades blows with Trailli from a technical standpoint, though I think Trailli has a more agreeable tuning overall.

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2024 at 9:08 PM Post #68 of 85
I think Crimson’s techs are relative to U12t’s.

Definitely not Storm or Anni level. Trailli techs are a little overexaggerated and don’t belong in the same conversation as Storm and Anni’s IMO.

I actually think Crimson competes with Trailli from a technical standpoint, though I think Trailli has a more agreeable tuning overall.
As a Trailii owner from early release I agree with that. Trailii was good in its day and still is. The tuning is what made bird the reputation is has. And i prefer its smooth, musical tuning to Ani etc… But techs have been surpassed.

It’s been a while since I heard u12. I recall u18 and fourte being more technical but u12 tuned safer and balanced. These are more expensive multi-driver IEMs than Crimson. The u12 not by much.

IEM technology, crossovers and wizardry are beyond me, Crimson manages to do a lot with whatever magic it has. The imaging precision was impressive.

In a rather congested market it stands out. We’ve also seen Symphonium’s expertise with uber multi-driver BAs in storm.

Time will tell how well Crimson stands. :)

Last edited:
Mar 24, 2024 at 12:39 PM Post #69 of 85
+1.

Techs well above what we sometimes see in this price point. I’m yet to see confirmation as to the exact internal configuration (Symphonium have been quiet on this). I’m not fussed as it’s the end outcome. I wouldn’t quite call it TOTL (Storm, Trailii, Ani come to mind as surpassing the Crimson on technicalities at a much more summit-fi level).

Crimson is 4 Balanced Armatures, in a TrueX Custom 4-Way Crossover with FLAT Technology

We are open about it if you ask ^^
We got sponsorship at the start of 2024, so we can now reply to anybody that asks about it.
Same goes for all our other models :)

The Crimson is meant to be a more... accessible sound with a more reasonable price point than the STORM, which is pretty clearly summit-fi as IEMs go.

Crimson does well out of desktop sources, but specifically it does better out of sources that optimize for lower impedance loads.

P.S Try the Hugo2 (3.5mm output) with our IEMs if you do have the chance, I really like that pairing.

Symphonium Audio Proudly Designed and Manufactured in Singapore. Stay updated on Symphonium Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/symphoniumaudio https://twitter.com/SymphoniumAudio https://www.instagram.com/symphoniumaudio/ https://www.symphoniumaudio.com/ info@symphoniumaudio.com
Mar 24, 2024 at 5:30 PM Post #70 of 85
Crimson is 4 Balanced Armatures, in a TrueX Custom 4-Way Crossover with FLAT Technology

We are open about it if you ask ^^
We got sponsorship at the start of 2024, so we can now reply to anybody that asks about it.
Same goes for all our other models :)

The Crimson is meant to be a more... accessible sound with a more reasonable price point than the STORM, which is pretty clearly summit-fi as IEMs go.

Crimson does well out of desktop sources, but specifically it does better out of sources that optimize for lower impedance loads.

P.S Try the Hugo2 (3.5mm output) with our IEMs if you do have the chance, I really like that pairing.
You guys made an IEM with 6ohm, 84(or so) dB/mW IEM for portable use :dt880smile: Still, I have quite enjoyable experience with both AFUL Snowy Night dongle and my DX300, so I guess it’s not as bad as the spec sheet suggests.

Whatever wizardry you guys did with the crossover inside these Crimson, it works. The tuning is also clever. I’m starting to write my review article and it has been a pleasant journey so far.

One suggestion: maybe a larger puck case next time?

Mar 28, 2024 at 1:57 PM Post #72 of 85
I thought I’d take a better pic for “Symphonium Audio - The Official Thread” than use my crap pic on the other “Symphonium Audio - New Singaporean IEM Manufacturer” thread, still crap pic, but very good iem’s.

I’ve now had them for 24hrs and used them for 13+ hours so I’d say that’s a positive, Good bass, mids still there but not annoying, perfectly extended treble and very suitable for my preferred genre, electronic/electronica/techno music - using Dunu S&S tips which get a very good fit but also ordered Divinus Velvet tips, Tangzu Tang Sancai Wide Bore and Tangzu Tang Sancai Balanced tips arriving soon so I’ll have a play about and see what I prefer.

Only thing I’m disappointed in was the accessories, no cloth bag (useful for cables) or nice red lined box as shown in other reviews and online pics :confused:, Have you changed the packaging from the early models that were sent out?, mine is #404.

53617347765_a4eaee2aa7_b.jpg

I remember watching Revolve review these over a year ago on the Headphone Show live stream and I thought that’s an iem I need to get/try out as I listen pretty much to electronic music, probably 80% instrumental such as techno and 20% vocal such as house and this seemed to tick all the boxes but the price was quite steep so in the interim period to now, I have bought and sold the following.

7hz Tmeless og £219, Dunu Vulkan £349, Truthear blue £45, and Truthear nova £165 for the total cost of £700+ and resold for the total of £390 so a loss of £310.

What have I learned so far?.

I enjoyed the Timeless og but the treble was too much for long listening periods.

The Dunu Vulkan was a bit of a strange one, on some tracks I really enjoyed it yet on the majority I found it quite blunted and uninvolving.

The Truthear Blue I found painful, quit with the wide nozzles please, sound was ok, enjoyed the bass but again too much sharpness in the treble and I thought it quite brash overall.

The Truthear Nova was nice, inoffensive, kinda like choosing vanilla ice cream as you know you’ll like it but you really should’ve picked the special of the day - chilli chocolate with malt whisky as you ultimately felt you missed out on something special.

I really should've bought the meteor to begin with :ksc75smile:

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2024 at 6:55 PM Post #73 of 85
I thought I’d take a better pic for “Symphonium Audio - The Official Thread” than use my crap pic on the other “Symphonium Audio - New Singaporean IEM Manufacturer” thread, still crap pic, but very good iem’s.

I’ve now had them for 24hrs and used them for 13+ hours so I’d say that’s a positive, Good bass, mids still there but not annoying, perfectly extended treble and very suitable for my preferred genre, electronic/electronica/techno music - using Dunu S&S tips which get a very good fit but also ordered Divinus Velvet tips, Tangzu Tang Sancai Wide Bore and Tangzu Tang Sancai Balanced tips arriving soon so I’ll have a play about and see what I prefer.

Only thing I’m disappointed in was the accessories, no cloth bag (useful for cables) or nice red lined box as shown in other reviews and online pics :confused:, Have you changed the packaging from the early models that were sent out?, mine is #404.

53617347765_a4eaee2aa7_b.jpg

I remember watching Revolve review these over a year ago on the Headphone Show live stream and I thought that’s an iem I need to get/try out as I listen pretty much to electronic music, probably 80% instrumental such as techno and 20% vocal such as house and this seemed to tick all the boxes but the price was quite steep so in the interim period to now, I have bought and sold the following.

7hz Tmeless og £219, Dunu Vulkan £349, Truthear blue £45, and Truthear nova £165 for the total cost of £700+ and resold for the total of £390 so a loss of £310.

What have I learned so far?.

I enjoyed the Timeless og but the treble was too much for long listening periods.

The Dunu Vulkan was a bit of a strange one, on some tracks I really enjoyed it yet on the majority I found it quite blunted and uninvolving.

The Truthear Blue I found painful, quit with the wide nozzles please, sound was ok, enjoyed the bass but again too much sharpness in the treble and I thought it quite brash overall.

The Truthear Nova was nice, inoffensive, kinda like choosing vanilla ice cream as you know you’ll like it but you really should’ve picked the special of the day - chilli chocolate with malt whisky as you ultimately felt you missed out on something special.

I really should've bought the meteor to begin with :ksc75smile:
High-five! Meteor has awesome treble extension. To me, that’s the magic sauce of that IEM that makes it stand out from other options.

Ear tip pairing is important though. I settled for Xelastec small but I think more tip rolling would help.

That reminds me, I have a set of Azla something from the box of Crimson …

Mar 28, 2024 at 7:24 PM Post #74 of 85
Ear tip pairing is important though. I settled for Xelastec small but I think more tip rolling would help.

I’d like to see Symphonium line up a bunch of tips for all their iem’s and test them on their rig to see exactly what the differences are when measured/graphed - obviously everyone’s ear canal is different but it’d possibly give a base line response as buying tips is bloody expensive, it’d also be good to see the difference a longer bore tip has on the sound compared to a shorter bore tip.

Tangzu Tang Sacai wide bore and balanced tips

Dunu S & S

Divinus Velvet

Moondrop Spinfit

Azla tips (I’m not clued up about the varieties)

Any more?

Mar 29, 2024 at 3:51 AM Post #75 of 85
High-five! Meteor has awesome treble extension. To me, that’s the magic sauce of that IEM that makes it stand out from other options.

That reminds me, I have a set of Azla something from the box of Crimson …
They are:
Azla Sednafit Standard/Regulars
https://www.azla.co.kr/en/product/sednaearfit-standard/

We've got a good stock of these just in case the manufacturer decides to discontinue it ^^

There is also a some new eartips that we are shipping with the Titan and we'll be listing it on the webshop as well.
I’d like to see Symphonium line up a bunch of tips for all their iem’s and test them on their rig to see exactly what the differences are when measured/graphed - obviously everyone’s ear canal is different but it’d possibly give a base line response as buying tips is bloody expensive, it’d also be good to see the difference a longer bore tip has on the sound compared to a shorter bore tip.

Tangzu Tang Sacai wide bore and balanced tips

Dunu S & S

Divinus Velvet

Moondrop Spinfit

Azla tips (I’m not clued up about the varieties)

Any more?

I can feedback that to the team, but it's a lot of trouble to post multiple graphs per model when most people can measure the differences with a IEC7011 coupler.
Take into consideration that measurements are a bit tricky when you have things like insertion depth that can affect the final result.

P.s we do post the exact tips we use per model on the graphs that we have on the website, but of course that is only one combination.

Last edited:
Symphonium Audio Proudly Designed and Manufactured in Singapore. Stay updated on Symphonium Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/symphoniumaudio https://twitter.com/SymphoniumAudio https://www.instagram.com/symphoniumaudio/ https://www.symphoniumaudio.com/ info@symphoniumaudio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back