Sydney Mini Meet 06.03.10 Impressions
Mar 7, 2010 at 3:20 PM Post #31 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by nattonrice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hehe the guy that built his stack to a sensible size is John.
The idiot who has three gigantic cases stacked up is me =P

There was 4 people btw.
I'm not in any of the photos 'cause I was the one taking them.

yeah I guess you were replying about the same time as me because I edited it to 4 and answered the question pretty much straight away

Quote:

Bahaha just you wait... =D
I will soon have more money to drop on random crap~

random crap, i'm insulted, elfa is not random crap. its ultimate all encompassing crap

Mar 7, 2010 at 9:06 PM Post #32 of 58
Hehe okok~
Random highhighhighly questionable purchases =P

Quote:

Originally Posted by elliot42 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Maybe some of that will be done for the next meet.
What else have you got on the go?

Tha DAC sounds like it'll be great and I love the idea of the eeepc'd photo frame!
Well apart from some builds that were still "almost finished" last meet there is now a b24 really under way. Same stuff as usual heh.

You gotta bring the photo frame to the next meet!

Mar 7, 2010 at 11:01 PM Post #33 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by qusp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
personally I feel hes gone soft, not nearly as encourage-able as normal. i'm having to spend for the both of us.

I haven't gone soft, my wallet has
tongue.gif

Not that that's likely to last. This year's tax return is going straight into audio methinks. And then I might be talking to you about modifying the Vortex
tongue.gif

Mar 7, 2010 at 11:10 PM Post #34 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by nattonrice
Well apart from some builds that were still "almost finished" last meet there is now a b24 really under way. Same stuff as usual heh.

You gotta bring the photo frame to the next meet!

B22, Buffalo, then B24? You're really going all out. Gonna be an awesome setup when it's all finished.

The photo frame will be coming, it's most likely to be finished first.

Mar 8, 2010 at 1:06 AM Post #35 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by Covenant /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I haven't gone soft, my wallet has
tongue.gif

hehe, was actually talking about Tom, but I suppose that could be copied over to you without a problem
wink.gif

Quote:

Not that that's likely to last. This year's tax return is going straight into audio methinks. And then I might be talking to you about modifying the Vortex
tongue.gif

I thought as much, the self conscious comment was a bit of a giveaway. so volumite->balanced ivy III or Volumite->other active output stage? hopefully I have this ackodac done soon so you can hear it before you make a buffalo purchase. anyone who I have spoken to seems to rate volumite (or similar strategy) as being the ideal volume control, seems only superstitious types believe it will hurt the signal. I mean I havent heard any crazy spun silver transformer volume controls, but the science behind volumite just makes more sense to me than anything messing with output or input impedance and then requiring buffering. I bought an LED volume control PCB set (lightspeed), but just cant be bothered since it will be connected directly to the dac.

Mar 8, 2010 at 1:08 AM Post #36 of 58
eliott, how about making the photoframe into a remote?
biggrin.gif

Mar 8, 2010 at 2:43 AM Post #37 of 58
Quote:

eliott, how about making the photoframe into a remote?
biggrin.gif

Don't you give me more things to work on. I'm already restraining myself from getting AudioGD HDAMs to try in my Jaycar, I don't need MORE project ideas
tongue.gif

Mar 8, 2010 at 3:57 AM Post #38 of 58
plenty of designs for better discrete opamps (IMO of course) on DIYAUDIO if you were going to do that anyway.

but OK I wont give you any ideas
wink.gif
I know the syndrome well

Mar 8, 2010 at 6:07 AM Post #39 of 58
Go on, Qusp - keep the ideas rolling.
His wallet hasn't melted down yet..............
Think of it as doing the DIY set a favour.

Mar 8, 2010 at 10:27 AM Post #40 of 58
Hehe... my wallet situation is fine at the moment, I'm more worried about starting more projects before I finish what I'm already doing as I have not too much time left over after work, uni and GF take up most of my week.
I don't have a good track record of actually finishing everything that I start
tongue.gif

But once I have at least the Opus, Jaycar and Chipamp together and in their new cases, looking at DIYAudio for discrete opamp designs sounds like a good next step.

I also need to actually use these things that I'm building. At the moment most of my listening happens at work with either my iPod or S9 directly driving RE2 or PortaPros. The next biggest amount of listening is with the DAC_1 and CKIII driving HD580 or MS2i which is currently sitting at my bed-side. The Jaycar and Chipamp are currently sitting a little unused on my desk, surrounded by clutter from these ongoing projects, making them a little inaccessible.

Mar 8, 2010 at 8:42 PM Post #41 of 58
Thanks guys it was an great meet and you guys got some excellent audio gear. The best headphone in the meet still is the HD800 need you get my T1 recable to balance and have it burn in.

Can you guys recommend some good cable for my T1. I did ask Steve about Piccolino cable but he needs to get permission from Wilson to use it. So what will be a good alternative to Piccolino cable.

Mar 8, 2010 at 9:27 PM Post #42 of 58
hmm I dont know what to say without breaking rules
wink.gif

Mar 8, 2010 at 10:06 PM Post #43 of 58
Quote:

hmm I dont know what to say without breaking rules
wink.gif

I'll say it for you then, you big pansy
tongue.gif

PM qusp, Eric. He'll sort you out. OH, and by the way, why does John's Vortex look so much neater than mine? I got jipped! It's because I'm black, isn't it?
tongue.gif

Mar 8, 2010 at 10:08 PM Post #44 of 58
huh, I dunno, maybe because it was the 5th one I made in the vortex style rather than the first
wink.gif
can give her a touch up when you send her up to get reshoed. got them down to an art now nigga
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back