switched from Grados to Senns
Feb 1, 2008 at 5:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

mr. nice

500+ Head-Fier
and i don't like em.
frown.gif
HD600>equinox>M901. comfort is the only thing i dig more...and the fact that i can simply put them down anywhere without worrying or caring if the baby chews on them.....not the same with me old HP1000s.

looking for some HP1000s again
biggrin.gif
!

DAM THOSE ARE NICE HEADPHONES!!!!!!

Feb 1, 2008 at 6:10 AM Post #2 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. nice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
and i don't like em.
frown.gif
HD600>equinox>M901. comfort is the only thing i dig more...and the fact that i can simply put them down anywhere without worrying or caring if the baby chews on them.....not the same with me old HP1000s.

biggrin.gif
!

I'm the complete opposite. Switched from Grado's (Allesandro's to be precise) to Senns and I DO like them. But comfort is the only thing I dig LESS.

I found my MS1's lighter and less clampy than the Senns... I could forgot they were on my head since they just kinda 'rested' whereas with the senns they clamp.

Feb 1, 2008 at 6:22 AM Post #3 of 22
Quote:

and i don't like em.
frown.gif

biggrin.gif
!

Why the heck would you give up an HP1000? O.O

Feb 1, 2008 at 1:41 PM Post #4 of 22
Quote:

I'm the complete opposite. Switched from Grado's (Allesandro's to be precise) to Senns and I DO like them. But comfort is the only thing I dig LESS.

I found my MS1's lighter and less clampy than the Senns... I could forgot they were on my head since they just kinda 'rested' whereas with the senns they clamp.

I'm from the same camp and totally agree. I was a little underwhelmed with my HD600's at first but now im adjusting to the sound more and im really liking them... and this is just with my portable C&C box... cant wait for my Woo 3

Feb 1, 2008 at 1:54 PM Post #5 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaloS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why the heck would you give up an HP1000? O.O

NFL Playoffs
frown.gif
had every wrong team. if the Pats cover this Sunday I will buy another set. Equinox my you know what
wink.gif

Feb 1, 2008 at 2:04 PM Post #6 of 22
I'm not so sure about that...

... as a "Gradofan," few appreciate Grados more than me... but... I've found that... with the right set up... and fully burnt in... the HD580/600/650s sound very similar... but... with a bit bigger, richer sound. And they're... way more comfortable.

Still a "Gradofan"... but... I may be becoming a bit more of a "Sennfan."

It's all in the set up.

Feb 1, 2008 at 2:16 PM Post #7 of 22
Senns are not as involving and you don't have to buy a $1000 headphone amp and equinox cord to enjoy them.

Feb 1, 2008 at 2:36 PM Post #9 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by headphonejunkie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Senns are not as involving and you don't have to buy a $1000 headphone amp and equinox cord to enjoy them.

No... you don't... but... you haven't heard the Senns until you buy at least a good CDP/DAC, and a $400 amp (the DV332), and a silver cable.

With the right set up... Senns most certainly are just as "involving" as Grados - you just haven't ever heard the real Senns.

Feb 1, 2008 at 3:30 PM Post #10 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by headphonejunkie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This is quite exaggerated; even HD650's will sound great out of a $400 (or less) amp - the EC/SS being a prime example - and an upgraded cable isn't at all necessary unless you're in the market for a balanced setup (but even then, balanced cables can be had for very little money).

Even when you compare high quality Sennheiser setups to high quality Grado setups, the overall price will be about the same as will be the relative enjoyment of both.

Feb 1, 2008 at 4:07 PM Post #11 of 22
Ok. $1000 may be a bit exagerated. I am just saying. You read how you should get a cable for senns and a good amp. A good amp costs at least $400 or $500 then a couple for the cable. I have never heard them that way so my opinion isn't worth that much anyway. I was just saying it is a lot easier to get grados sounding great than senns. IMO.

Feb 1, 2008 at 4:21 PM Post #12 of 22
Nothing makes my Senn HD600/Cardas sound as good as my HP-1000.

Feb 1, 2008 at 4:38 PM Post #13 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by robm321 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nothing makes my Senn HD600/Cardas sound as good as my HP-1000.

exactly! kinda tough listening to anything after having an HP1000.

Feb 1, 2008 at 6:09 PM Post #15 of 22
Quote:

exactly! kinda tough listening to anything after having an HP1000.

Aren't you the person who got the HP1000 for $80.00 on ebay as well? LOL and you gave them up

Users who are viewing this thread

Back