Swan m200MkIII's on floor stands?
May 25, 2011 at 12:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Diciembre

New Head-Fier
I'm interested in getting some floor stands for my m200MkIII's (mostly due to space issues), but I can't help thinking about a review on 6moons that mentioned that they benefit from the low-end boundary support of a desktop. Can anyone comment?

May 26, 2011 at 5:02 PM Post #2 of 5
I run mine on floor stands. I have never had an opportunity to run them on a desktop unfortunately (crappy furniture budget with all the electronics spending). I could believe that they might sound deeper/fuller on a desktop.

Overall, I really like them, but I have noticed they have a slight Sennheiser sound to them -- just a *tiny tiny* bit recessed, yet very detailed. They are tight and flat. Not warm, not bright.

Sep 1, 2012 at 12:46 AM Post #4 of 5
Hey,  I got the m200 mkIII's recently and am using them on my desk.  Based on my experience with this setup, I would recommend using floor stands with these speakers.  Upon setting the m200's just flat on my desk, I noticed a strong mid-bass distortion.  I have since made a diy platform for them to sit on, to decouple them from my desk, and definitely noticed an improvement in the bass response.  Just my opinion, but hope it helps!

Feb 27, 2016 at 9:44 PM Post #5 of 5
Sorry to bring a dead man, but i got those speakers too. Love them, but due to space limitations i need some floor stands.I've been searching so far, and i can't seem to find thr right stands. All seem too small for these speakers, which are not small.
Would be nice if some owners recommend good stands for these.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back