Swan M10 vs Harman Kardon Soundsticks III vs Klipsch Promedia 2.1 vs Edifier S330D
Mar 10, 2011 at 8:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Tha_Doggg

New Head-Fier
As the title suggests I am having a difficult time deciding between these speakers.

It seems the Harman Kardon set is the most expensive, looks really good, small form factor, and reviews suggest good sound.
Klipsch set seems to be using inferior parts and quality is an issue. Supposedly they don't make it like they used to.
Edifier good price, good sound.
Swan again good price, good sound but am worried the sub may not produce enough bass.

I want a 2.1 computer speaker system and I pretty much narrowed it down to those. Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Dec 29, 2018 at 2:22 AM Post #2 of 3
Hi! Google landed me on this almost 8 years old topic, but I'm facing exactly the same set of choices as OP was (well, except I hadn't discovered the Edifiers, and was also thinking about the Swans D1080 2.0 set). Looking for a replacement for my 10+ y/o Logitech Z4 set that has started producing tapping and hissing sounds.

I was initially going for the Klipsch for their decent all-around sound + bass, but only the always-on Bluetooth model is available for me, and I don't know if I want the stress of knowing my apartment complex neighbors could hijack them whenever they please.

The Swans M10 seem really promising, but frequencies below 120–140 Hz being sent to the "weak" sub concerns me. The Soundsticks III apparently are okay all-around and cover for the weaknesses of these two, but aren't as good/stellar in sound quality.

It's a real dilemma! Any insight on this? It would be for movies, music and gaming alike, so general purpose. Can probably fit a smaller sub on desk (such as the M10s') if needed, but large/deep speakers like the D1080s I'm not as sure about.

My current price options (with shipping) are:

Klipsch PM 2.0 Bluetooth - 80€ used (can't find the older non-BT ones, unfortunately)
HK Soundsticks III - 115€ new
Swans M10B - 77€ new (great price; wish I could pay extra and get a floor-grade sub)
Swans D1080 - 135€ new (upper range of budget and are a 2.0 set)

Last edited:
Dec 29, 2018 at 10:04 AM Post #3 of 3
Update: I've narrowed the choice to HK Soundsticks III and Swans M10 (and possibly D1080).

If anyone has experience with any of these, it'd be greatly appreciated!

Update 2: Pulled the trigger on the Swans M10. If I remember, I'll comment here with my experience after getting them (which is probs in about 2 weeks).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back