Surprise! HF-1 (Head-Fi 1)!!!
Oct 12, 2005 at 4:29 PM Post #571 of 1,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by scrypt
Or, conversely, I ponder whether the SR-225 is the next Grado in line to receive a 325i-styled update.

What if the HF-1s we anticipate like scarf-waving sailor-crazed Savannah bluestockings are but stragglers in a soon-to-be-redesigned line? The sitch would be diff from that of the 325, since our former 225s have been improved considerably by Grado-sanctioned mods. --

Man i think it's english, but damn what does it mean hehe. ; )

Oct 12, 2005 at 8:18 PM Post #572 of 1,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by mjg
Man i think it's english, but damn what does it mean hehe. ; )

He's saying maybe the sr225 is going to get an overhaul (like the 325i) and the HF-1 is a precursor to that change. So instead of getting a newly developed product, you're getting something that's pretty much headed towards extinction. I think that's what he said.
icon10.gif

Oct 12, 2005 at 8:51 PM Post #573 of 1,119
Quote:

Or, conversely, I ponder whether the SR-225 is the next Grado in line to receive a 325i-styled update.

What if the HF-1s we anticipate like scarf-waving sailor-crazed Savannah bluestockings are but stragglers in a soon-to-be-redesigned line? The sitch would be diff from that of the 325, since our former 225s have been improved considerably by Grado-sanctioned mods. Still, the possibility of a post-HF-1 upgrade might be something for FOTM addicts to keep in mind -- especially if sound's the primary concern.

zanth's interview with john grado says it's probably not going to happen...another upgraded special edition headphone, that is. if anything, once the rs-1 does not contend with the best out there, grado may work on improving the high-end phone. but a re-done 325? probably not. that's what the 325i was for.

Oct 13, 2005 at 12:37 AM Post #574 of 1,119
Hey, Todd, you still haven't returned my call... did you get my message? I might call tomorrow anyway, but I'm also interested in knowing whenabouts you'll be letting us order our HF-1's, and after reading Zanth's newest interview post, I'm all the more excited about getting this phone!

Oct 13, 2005 at 4:25 AM Post #576 of 1,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by MD1032
Hey, Todd, you still haven't returned my call... did you get my message? I might call tomorrow anyway, but I'm also interested in knowing whenabouts you'll be letting us order our HF-1's, and after reading Zanth's newest interview post, I'm all the more excited about getting this phone!

I'm too
600smile.gif

[size=small]Team GRADO
Team waiting to order HF-1
[/size]

Oct 13, 2005 at 4:31 AM Post #577 of 1,119
HI All,

I will be shipping out the next 24 headphones tomorrow and then there will be another slight delay before the shipping resumes. Grado Labs is producing the HF-1 as fast as they can while still maintaining their normal workload. Please continue to be patient. We will be a little over 240 headphones shipped by the end of this week. Once the last 60 or so orders are filled we will open the sale back up.

Todd

Oct 13, 2005 at 8:23 AM Post #579 of 1,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by kugino
zanth's interview with john grado says it's probably not going to happen...another upgraded special edition headphone, that is. if anything, once the rs-1 does not contend with the best out there, grado may work on improving the high-end phone. but a re-done 325? probably not. that's what the 325i was for.

Frankly, Madam, I was speaking of a redesigned SR-225, not 325, as atx inserted (to the profound colonic discomfort of all involved).

Having been on each side of the interview process before, I'm versed in The Art of Privacy Retention through Benign Omission. I was once lectured by a fellow musician for answering a question about my influences honestly, which is why I must ask to be forgiven for refusing to take anyone else's interview as gospel. No matter that I respect and enjoy Grado headphones beyond the limitations of "your ankle is my halo, Madam" laudatory language.

Still:

My point was not to make predictions regarding Meester Senior Grado's plans. Rather, it was to reverse expectations ironically; to consider the arbitrary nature of Head-fi's used headphone forum: What's new and customized is always better (until it isn't).

Do keep in mind that I'm being facetious. Your blood pressure will thank you. (Blood Pressure: We go to motel now, Johnny?)

In the abstract, I could foresee a time when a pair of HF-1 that had never been fitted with C-Pads would command a higher price than a pair that had been, erm, tampered with (the anti-euphemism for improved).

That said, I'm itching below the waist to snatch a pair o' HF-1, which I expect to be using regularly at work. Can anyone recommend choice ointment until mine arrive?

Vlad the Polyester Incubus:

That's damned spanking news about your next shipment. Give my vicarious enjoyment to The Mid-October Twenty-Five. And remember to commission the Ultimate Rosewood Grado Case so that you may corral the business of challenged foonts like me, who never bothered to attend shop classes in Middle School and fear for the safety of our vast assortment of Brooklyn-finessed confections. (Headline: "Foont Terrorized by Artificial Sense of Balance.")

Noogy-noogy-noo-noo. . . .

Oct 13, 2005 at 5:39 PM Post #581 of 1,119
I awoke this morning in a blind I'm-in-Hades-and-Barney-is-my-eternal-suppository panic but couldn't find my cervix because I don't actually have one. Thank you for that.

Really, the HF-1s are going to sound right nice whenever they arrive. I believe that with all my cervix.

Oct 13, 2005 at 7:45 PM Post #582 of 1,119
Quote:

Really, the HF-1s are going to sound right nice whenever they arrive. I believe that with all my cervix.

Thanks, scrypt, when reading your posts I often find myself laughing uncontrollably.

I'm also anxiously waiting for Todd to reopen ordering for the HF-1s so I can get my pair.

Oct 13, 2005 at 7:48 PM Post #583 of 1,119
scrypt, u are truly an odd one, no idea what yer saying hahah. nice.

HF1's are here!

oh man, and listen the build quality is really fine, atleast on my pair. Todd did a great job handling my annoying problems, and a really classy dood and i must really thank everyone involved in setting this up, very generous and glad this has been succesful, and i hope everyone who is getting a pair enjoys them.

Oct 13, 2005 at 9:53 PM Post #584 of 1,119
Quote:

I awoke this morning in a blind I'm-in-Hades-and-Barney-is-my-eternal-suppository panic but couldn't find my cervix because I don't actually have one. Thank you for that.

This is not nearly your best "prose" but I have to compliment you on your style, scrypt. I've taken to looking for your posts because of the humor I find there. Thank you for that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back